Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow thanks for sharing that all with me...intresting.

I haven't heard Extraordinary day. I have heard Mistaken Identity though - going watch the video tomorrow.

Questions:
So where is she most famous?
What was her first video and her latest one?
Did she ever have a tour or CD released in the US?
Is she gonna have another tour in the US anyitme soon so that i can see her! lol
Did/Is she making a video to Fragile?
What is she doing at the moment? Tour somewhere makign a new album etc??

Sorry for all the questions just trying to learn more about her
Old 07-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephrox
I haven't heard Extraordinary day. I have heard Mistaken Identity though - going watch the video tomorrow.

Questions:
Is she gonna have another tour in the US anyitme soon so that i can see her! lol

It's a great video (MI), you'll like it!

My answers to your questions:
I’d say Australia. I’m hoping she becomes more known here in Canada and there in the US eventually though

Her first video was I Don’t Care. Latest one would be Together We Are One.

She hasn’t toured in North America as of yet. Her first CD, Innocent Eyes was released here in Canada, but wasn’t in the US.

Errr…not that I know of.

Her latest update in her diary informs us that she’s just gotten back from Japan where one of her tracks, Flawed, is to be featured in a Japanese movie. Her album is set to be released there in October. But for now she’s back in LA writing and working on new music that she hopes to have ready for us to listen to by next year.

No need to say sorry, I hope my answers helped clear up your questions. I remember I having a gazillion questions about who Delta Goodrem was, what her music was like, etc. after I first heard of her.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for answering my questions!!

I jsut saw the Born To Try video - I looved the scenery sooo pretty.
Gonna go watch A Little To Late Now and then go to bed.

I jsut watched the A Little To Late video and my gosh was she cute and pretty in it.. I didn really like the video (kind of boring in my opinion) but ALTL is definatly one of my fav songs from her.

K im off for tonight....night all!!

Last edited by stephrox; 07-30-2006 at 09:10 PM
Old 07-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Nice to see this thread up and active again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Yep. Maybe she wouldn't have released it in the first place if she hadn't gotten sick at that point. I think even she knows when it's time to stop in terms of having too much Delta on the music scene, you know? But in the same token IE was such a success, maybe she planned for it all along hence them going along with it accordingly. One to ask her one day!

I don't think she'd have gone the Visualise get-up [she was more nice-girl back then ] I think she could have pulled it off though and it would have been a real move forward for her in terms of the balladesque good girl we knew her as which I guess she's still known as.
I think so too, Eves. It's logical that the release happened as a means of giving us another single while she was MIA. It was a case of supply and demand. Definitely one more to ask her, I agree!

Yes, very true that. I'd have loved to see it nonetheless! It would have been a significant leap from where she was at at the time though, as you say. She was a whole two years older when she wore the red-hot outfit, after all.

Quote:
Surely there is a more detailed account of what happened to her, but basically that's what happened to her. Obviously she is in [or is it out of? can you be out of it?] remission now.
Fabulous account there, Eves! You and Kay filled Steph in extremely well. And yup, I believe the term is in remission. Since it effectively means in a cancer-free state.

Quote:
Questions:

Steph - She's definitely most famous here in Australia. Her first album was record breaking here and her first (nation-wide) tour was the first headline act to debut at the Sydney Superdome (third largest venue capacity in the world, I think). She came close to selling out two shows in Sydney, another two in Melbourne, and one each for every other capital city plus Newcastle (just out of Sydney). She's also pretty well known in the UK since she released and promoted IE there and later met and collaborated with her (now) Irish boyfriend, Brian McFadden, on Almost Here (for the MI album). She did some more joint promo over there for that which was a hit both here and in the UK.

As Kay said, her first ever video was for a pop release, "I Don't Care" back in '99. She was signed to an independent record company at the time and it it wasn't a sound she wanted to pursue, so she signed to Sony. This allowed her to apply her talent for writing, piano playing and really using her voice in a way that came naturally. That was where she began work on her Innocent Eyes album and official debut single, Born To Try. You might wanna read through the videography that I compiled (re-posted by Rach) for a chronological timeline of her video releases. [You've reminded me tha tI need to edit that back into the first post! ]

Delta planned to release Innocent Eyes in the US in mid 2003, but never got to because her cancer diagnosis happened the very week she was scheduled to fly out. As Eves explained, she took a year out to have chemo and recooperate. She spent that latter part of this time writing and producing material for the MI album. Once well enough, she did some promo here and in the UK. Then she began preparation for her first ever full scale tour as she felt she hadn't yet got the chance to perform for all her fan at home since the first album was released. The tour was everything we could have hoped for and more. She really put her all into it and it was truly wonderful to see her return to the stage for a proper shows for the first time in nearly two years. Right after the tour, she got signed to Columbia Records and prepared to release the hybrid album (of IE and MI) to be titled Born To Try in the US late last year. She made the US LWY video, appeared and performed on The US Today show, and did a few events in NY and LA. Unfortunately, LWY didn't get the airplay or publicity it needed to become a hit. It boiled down to it not being the right time to strike. Form what we can gather the hybrid album has been scrapped in favour of a whole new release (which Delta is working on now). While she's waiting for the thumbs up to start the promo rounds again in the US, she's releasing and promoting the hybrid album in Japan. She picked up another project while over there - recording a song, Flawed, for a Japanese film. She's due to return there in October and release the brand new album here early next year. My guess is she'll jump straight over the US to release, promote and depending on the response, eventually tour, there mid to late next year.

Delta never released Fragile or made a video for it unfortuantely. The closest she got was including a beautiful live rendition from her Visualise tour on the Together We Are One single. Footage of the performance is available on her Visualise DVD.

Hope that helped fill in the rest of the gaps! Feel free to ask as many questions as you like. We love to put our Delta knowledge to good use - it's why we post here, after all!

Glad you enjoyed her vids. If you watch her latest video message (here) all the way through, you get a stream of all her videos afterwards if you wanted to check them out in streaming format. We think they're pretty fabulous too. Each is stunning in its own right. NMNI is a firm favourite around here. It's unreal, isn't it? Like a painting sprung to life. It's true that ALTL doesn't quite have the spark that the others do, but I think it has just the right measure of prettiness and Delta's personality coming out of it. The concept works well with the fancy free theme.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 07-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow thanks for all that information!! Being from New Jersey, USA no one knows her. Im soo happy i found out about her though!! I hope she can become famous here and have a tour!! I would kill to see her now! Im shocked LWY didnt get alot of airplay its such an awesome song. Im so happy i heard it on the radio that time. Now i love her!! Thanks for all thel inks and clips. She was sooo cute in that 27 sec Japan intreview.

Gonna go watch soem more videos and maybe make you all some avi's soon!! BYE for now!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Elite Fan

Fanastically detailed answers that leave me with nothing constructive to add!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
She's also pretty well known in the UK since she released and promoted IE there and later met and collaborated with her (now) Irish boyfriend, Brian McFadden, on Almost Here (for the MI album). She did some more joint promo over there for that which was a hit both here and in the UK.
This made me giggle because it made it sound like he's only Irish now, but he wasn't before
Old 08-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Wow thanks for sharing that all with me...intresting.

Questions:

As eveyone else has said, but wasn't her fist video Say?

You've proabably seen it, but for Steph: YouTube - Delta Goodrem - Say
Old 08-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wow thanks for all that information!! Being from New Jersey, USA no one knows her. Im soo happy i found out about her though!! I hope she can become famous here and have a tour!! I would kill to see her now! Im shocked LWY didnt get alot of airplay its such an awesome song. Im so happy i heard it on the radio that time. Now i love her!! Thanks for all thel inks and clips. She was sooo cute in that 27 sec Japan intreview.

Gonna go watch soem more videos and maybe make you all some avi's soon!! BYE for now!
Our pleasure! We had an FAQ thread too before the FF crash which might have helped explain things too. Will have to get that rolling again now that I've just about finished re-compiling it. I'm so glad to hear you're one of the few Americans who noticed her too! It's a real buzz for all of us here whenever new fans like you drop by all enthused about her music and keen to discover more about her beginnings. We were shocked LWY didn't get more of a decent run and make a bigger impact aswell. But hey, at least it made an impact on you and that's a start! Now, she just has to release an album there to get the ball rolling again. Glad to supply the links and clips. Feel free to request more if you notice us talking about something you haven't seen or heard.

We'd love to see some avs from you too! Happy viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
This made me giggle because it made it sound like he's only Irish now, but he wasn't before
I know! I realised that after a re-read it. I meant to say just boyfriend, then thought I should clarify where he was from. In hindsight, I would have been better off omitting the Irish part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10eels
As eveyone else has said, but wasn't her fist video Say?
That's true, Tenielle! I guess I didn't think to mention it since it was an unofficial vid. I think it was released without Delta giving it the go ahead in the end. It looks like more of a low budget demo video than a proper production one. It's always cute seeing young Delta hugging teddy bears though!

icon by *Evie
Old 08-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Delta planned to release Innocent Eyes in the US in mid 2003, but never got to because her cancer diagnosis happened the very week she was scheduled to fly out.
The same week?! I didn't know that! (Great job answering those questions btw! )

Quote:
I was pretty shocked that LWY didn’t get a lot of airplay either. But it’s nice to know that you loved the song enough to come here and want to learn more about her. As Kat just said, I’m sure that when the timing is right and Delta releases her album over there, it’ll have a bigger impact.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~
The same week?! I didn't know that! (Great job answering those questions btw! )
Cruelly, yes! I remember reading an article in the paper about her proposed US trip accompanied by a pic of her sitting in an armchair outdoors, and a few days later - bam! I think it hit everyone that bit harder with her being on the upward rise. It didn't seem feasible that she could be struck down at a time like that. (Thanks, Kay. Great job reading through an essay's worth of responses! )

icon by *Evie
Old 08-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How far is NJ from NY Steph? Cos she was there last year. Doesn't that kill ya, to know she was so close and you never knew. Kay had that happen to her, Delt's was in Canada but she didn't know her at that point.

Delta was actually with Sony at the time IDC was released. Which makes it more impressive that they took a chance and let her record the type of music she wanted when IDC flopped. They could just have easily let her go then.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
How far is NJ from NY Steph? Cos she was there last year. Doesn't that kill ya, to know she was so close and you never knew. Kay had that happen to her, Delt's was in Canada but she didn't know her at that point.

Delta was actually with Sony at the time IDC was released. Which makes it more impressive that they took a chance and let her record the type of music she wanted when IDC flopped. They could just have easily let her go then.
I was shocked when I came across pictures of Delta from when she was on the Roger, Rick & Marilyn show on CHUM Radio and also the pictures of that Toronto showcase she did here. I also heard that she was scheduled to be on the morning TV show, Canada AM on one of the Delta fansites (never came across any pictures of that though). I remember thinking " If only I had heard her music just a little earlier!"

That was impressive, and I'm glad they gave her that chance.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You're right, Eves. I confused her writing and production team with her record company. Whatever prompted them to let her turn a complete 360 and place the reigns in her hands was a godsend. They definitely made the best decision possible for her and for them!

icon by *Evie
Old 08-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. It was a wise decision..risky but it paid off [literally even ] in the end.

Aww, what a bummer Kay! Least she's made some connections now, if she's ever to go over to Canada again, which I'm sure she will, you'll have a rough idea of where she's gonna be and then you can enjoy the Delta-ness.

Man, are we ever lame [& obv. long-winded ].. Why didn't we just link Steph to the AYAT tour montage? That explains EVERYTHING visually! Steph, click here if you haven't already seen it.

edit; Bugger, it's just screencaps from it..I can't hear it anyway, so I have no idea what music is playing in it..I'm guessing AYAT but correct me if I'm wrong. You'll get the gist though.

Still valid, tis a music video afterall.

Last edited by Evie; 08-07-2006 at 01:57 AM
Old 08-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Smart thinking there, Eves! The montage (or screencaps of it) would demonstrate things ideally. You can never be too well informed when it comes to Delta related matters.

icon by *Evie