Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-15-2004, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't see Delta working with Darren after his latest (and incredibly annoying) release "Popular".

I don't think I could see Delta working with Guy.. I think he'd do 218758175 vocal runs which would probably drown out poor Delt's.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
I can't see Delta working with Darren after his latest (and incredibly annoying) release "Popular".
So I'm not the only one who things it's a bit..I don't know..odd! Doesn't seem like a Darren song to me. Maybe I'm just used to the Savage Garden thing.

Speaking of the AusI people like Guy..what about Delta and Paulini? They could be interesting. Or Cosima? I know she's a big fan of Delts!
Old 08-15-2004, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
So I'm not the only one who things it's a bit..I don't know..odd! Doesn't seem like a Darren song to me. Maybe I'm just used to the Savage Garden thing.
He says the song was written to make a statement about the current music scene but it just makes me think what he's singing about is the way he thinks of the music world (in regards to *himself* not other people) and how to get things.

Ooh Paulini would be good!
Old 08-15-2004, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He says the song was written to make a statement about the current music scene but it just makes me think what he's singing about is the way he thinks of the music world (in regards to *himself* not other people) and how to get things.

Ooh Paulini would be good!
Oh really? I haven't heard much about him lately, just heard that song, so I didn't know that bit. But yeah, when you hear it, you have to wonder if he's singing about himself there, rather than the music business in general.

I think they could be an awesome duo..they might go really nicely together. I STILL haven't heard Paulini's song in it's entirity yet, but it does sound great, and she does have an amazing voice.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
Oh it's a really good cd, I think so anyway! But I think she and delta would really work well together and their voices would blend together really nicely.

Aww, it's been pushed back? Damn! I'll have to keep an ear out, and when she does release something here, make sure I hear it!

It would be awesome if they would work together and like you said since they have a friendship it's more likely now. I love the SG guys, so it would be great if Delta and Darren did something together.

Patrick's stuff is good! Susie has good taste there!
Pleased to hear that, Ellie! I remember I loved the first single (I only heard it on US radio). I'll report back with my verdict once I've picked it up.

Yeah, it's driving me nuts! Hopefully they'll be brought forward again, and the Sony crew will keep their word as in the email. I'm really glad to have gauged your interest in Brooke's music.

Yeah, I think it's fantastic that they've hot it off so well on a friendship level. Being that they're two of Australia's biggest talents, (and with Darren well established in the US, and Delta soon to be) I'm sure a collaboration would be a well received international success. I also loved SG and love Darren's debut album.

Calm down, guys. I'm sure if Delta worked with Darren, the outcome would be a lot more sedate than "Popular".

I'm definitely gonna be checking Patrick's music out next. Sounds like he's the whole package! I love discovering great new artists. A teriffic thing to come out of this discussion is it's getting everyone interested in scoping out new artists; ones that compliment Delta's musical style and the musical tastes of Delta fans. Great stuff!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 09-27-2004 at 12:35 AM
Old 08-15-2004, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

I'd love it if she did a duet with Brooke Fraser! I watched Brooke perform at the Beach Day Out at the start of this year and I absolutely loved her. My favourite song from her album is "Saving the World".

Mandy Moore would be great too!
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 08-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NZOCFan
I'd love it if she did a duet with Brooke Fraser! I watched Brooke perform at the Beach Day Out at the start of this year and I absolutely loved her. My favourite song from her album is "Saving the World".

Mandy Moore would be great too!
The Beach Day Out event sounds fantastic, NZOCfan! Brooke's coming back to perform in Melbourne again on September 1st. It'll be such a treat to see her live twice in the space of six months. You guys must be annoyed at us Aussies for stealing her away from NZ, now that's she's relocated to Sydney, hey?

icon by *Evie
Old 08-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Bleh, quoted my own post again. Sorry.

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 08-15-2004 at 08:36 AM
Old 08-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I'm definitely gonna be checking Patrick's music out next. Sounds like he's the whole package! I love discovering great new artists. A teriffic thing to come out of this discussion is it's getting everyone interested in scoping out new artists; ones that compliment Delta's musical style and the musical tastes of Delta fans. Great stuff!
Yes, he's the whole package. him. I just think that both their music can be pretty melancholy but powerful at the same time. Just check out "Welcome" or "Gone" by him.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

Yeah, it's driving me nuts! Hopefully they'll be brought forward again, and the Sony crew will keep their word as in the email. I'm really glad to have gauged your interest in Brooke's music.

Yeah, I think it's fantastic that they've hot it off so well on a friendship level. Being that they're two of Australia's biggest talents, (and with Darren well established in the US, and Delta soon to be) I'm sure a collaboration would be a well received international success. I also loved SG and love Darren's debut album.

Calm down, guys. I'm sure if Delta worked with Darren, the outcome would be a lot more sedate than "Popular".
Hopefully they'll keep to their word, I do hate when they keep changing thigns, I know they must have their reasons, but still!

Yeah, it's great they've hit it off so well! And like you said, I think too that a collaboration is bound to be a hit. He's done really well for himself with SG.

Haha, and you're right there, I'm sure if they were to do something it would be nooothing like that song!
Old 08-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Linda, Josh would be proud of you you pimptress.
LMAO. We're getting the word out on the streets. .

Patrick Nuo is HOT. I must look him up...
Old 08-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

I think Mandy would be good for Delta to work with as well. I've heard some of the songs from Coverage although I don't have the CD, and I'm really impressed!

To throw a new name into the ring, I'd love to see her work with Michelle Branch. I really love Michelle's music, and although she and Delta don't exactly have the same style, I think they'd compliment each other well. Especially after hearing the Michelle/Sheryl Crow duet on Hotel Paper, which is something that in principle made me go "huh?!" but is now my fave song on Hotel Paper!
Old 08-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, I think a Michelle Branch/Delta collaboration would be wonderful too, Rach! She has a gorgeous, strong voice, and as you point out, she's been in many a collaborative effort on her current album. I loved Game of Love with Santana. I haven't yet heard the Sheryl Crow one, but I really wanna hear it now. Theirs sounds like another great teaming.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah! Michelle Branch would be an interesting choice. She has a great voice and I adored her first album! That would be a pretty awesome pair.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maroon 5 and Delta would be an interesting collaboration!

I think John/Delta might be pretty good though.