Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2004, 05:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Delta chat with ninemsn Aust @ 7pm AEDT

It's tonight at 7pm AEDT. Link

Sorry if this has been posted...I had a quick look but didnt see it
Old 11-10-2004, 06:01 AM
Master Fan

It's on the News thread but I guess there's no harm in having a thread for it if it's going to induce discussion. But if everyone could check the News thread before starting announcement or news related threads in the future, that would be ideal. Thanks.

To join the web chat, all you need to do is visit at 7PM AEDT tonight (8am for those in the UK), and click on the "join the chat" link that will pop up on the site when it begins. The idea is to post questions for Delta. The best of the bunch will be selected for Delta to answer.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 11-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I had a quick look in there and I didnt see it so I guess I skipped it, sorry.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Members only, right

I'm 3 hours behind so it's pointless
Old 11-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It just finished, it was a pretty good chat. There will be a transcipt up at music.ninemsn.com later on if anyone wants to see it. I have it saved though, so I can post it someone wants to read it.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Lisa**
I had a quick look in there and I didnt see it so I guess I skipped it, sorry.
That's quite okay, Lisa. I understand there's loads going on in there and it's easy to miss things.

The chat wasn't members only, Kel. Anyone could join, and it finished about 20 minutes ago. It went for just under 30 mins, and Delta answered quite a few really interesting questions. I submitted one about her album artwork but the questions piled up pretty quickly and she couldn't get through them all. She was very sweet, and couldn't help thanking everyone a whole lot. Here's the transcript:

ninemsnLive says: Welcome to the ninemsn Music chat room. This live interview is moderated. This means that all questions you enter are sent to an Interview Host who decides which questions will be asked our guest.
ninemsnLive says: ninemsn in presents a Live Interview with music star Delta Goodrem, here to take your questions on her latest album 'Mistaken Identity'.
ninemsnLive says: To ask your questions, please use the Submit a Question option on your top right (just above the room name). Do not ask questions in the open chat room as the interview host cannot see them.
ninemsnLive says: Delta welcome to our live online interview and thanks for joining us tonight to talk about your fantasitc new album.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Thank you so much for having me.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: It is great to see so many people online.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: end
ninemsnLive says: Delta, we will go directly to the questions from the guests who have been waiting eagerly for you to arrive.
Alyssa in ninemsn_events2 asks: Hey Delta!. How does it feel to have a second album out? Was it easier having already released an album before?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I have never had second albumb before.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: It is very exciting because it feels very new and I love the songs on this album.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I don't think it is any easier, but I think it is different.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: It is great to have new songs to share with everyone.
__Delta_Rules in ninemsn_events1 asks: Who has had the most influence on your life, how and why?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: The most influence on my life is my dad, mum and brother.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: They are my family and who I turn to in good times and bad.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: They are very big support base and I learn alot from them
Sysop_ninemsn says: Lets all wish Delta very Happy Birthday for yesterday from all her fans and us here at ninemsn! We all hope you had a fantastic day!
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Thankyou so so so so so much!
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I can't believe I am 20 and thankyou for all the beautiful birthday wishes.. sending lots of kisses!
Mary in ninemsn_events3 asks: Your video clips seem to tell a story as much as your songs. Where do you get your inspiration from for your video clips?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: The video clips are the visual part of the song so it telling the story through the music and seeing what visual you want to present - and what colours you want to present the song as.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I think about what I would like people to see when they listen to the song - they see what I see when I make the song - some visuals to go with it.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Every song is different which is good.
Kelly in ninemsn_events3 asks: Your first album was talking about being young and "seeing the world through innocent eyes." Mistaken Identity is a wonderful new chapter - do you feel more grown up and less innocent now? Or do you always want to hang
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I think that is a great question.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I feel that there were different stages in my life.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Of course any 17-19 year old grows anyway.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: This album talks about different things.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: The first album had a lot of fantasy and looking back onto childhood.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: This album also has some fantasy elements in it, but more reality and more about life, the universe and everything.
Sysop_ninemsn says: Don't forget you can purchase the CD and get the digital download of Delta's new album, Mistaken Identity and more @ ninemsn Music! Just point your browser at http://music.ninemsn.com.au/
joycey_b in ninemsn_events1 asks: Delta, How long did you take to record 'Mistaken Identity?'
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I had a lot more space to write this, because I didn't have a busy Neighbours schedule.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I wrote it over a period of six months.
InnocentEyes in ninemsn_events1 asks: Hi Delta! Wow its so amazing to get to talk to you! Just wondering which is your absolute favourite song on Mistaken Identity? i LOVE Be Strong and Fragile!
ninemsnLive_Guest says: It is beautiful to be talking to you to and thank you so much.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: It is hard to say which one are my favourites, but in saying that, Mistaken Identity is my favourite at the moment but that could change at any time.
Josh in ninemsn_events1 asks: Hi Delta, Firstly just want to say that i love Mistaken Identity. Its such a brilliant album. You should be extreamly proud. My question for you is, whats the significance and meaning behind the hidden track 'Nobody Listened'?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Thank you so much and I am glad that you are enjoying my album.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: There is a reason why it is a hidden track. The song had great relevance for me when my life was chaotic and busy.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I guess it was a time when I was a little bit more emotional, darker and I thougt it disrupted the album, but it had to be on the album as it had great meaning to me.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: The lyrics had great meaning to what happened in the past.
smash-ed in ninemsn_events1 asks: What does "your mona lisa is dead" mean in the song Mistaken Identity?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Great question as well.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I like people to read into them however they would like.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: It has a meaning to me but I will let you use your imagination.
Joel in ninemsn_events2 asks: Hey Delta! What inspired you to write "Nobody Listened"?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Well, I had been very very busy. I was working too hard and I wanted to talk about losing control.
DianaNZ in ninemsn_events1 asks: Have you thought about what your next official singles going to be from Mistaken Identity?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: There is no official word on what my next single will be yet, any suggestions?
Sysop_ninemsn says: Delta will be with us until 7.30, please keep those questions coming
Sarah in ninemsn_events1 asks: Out of all of the songs you've ever composed, which would be your favourite?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Good question.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: The proudest in composing would be Innocent Eyes on the first album and Mistaken Identity on this album followed by The Analyst.
Vik in ninemsn_events1 asks: Delta, do you consider yourself a singer who started out acting or an actress that some how fell into singing? Which of the two do you prefer?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: The truth is that it depends where you start from.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I started singing when I could talk and then I had my record contract when I was 15, but I was on television at age 7.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I think I am a singer whose past keeps leading her into acting.
Sysop_ninemsn says: Don't forget you can purchase the CD and get the digital download of Delta's new album, Mistaken Identity and more @ ninemsn Music! Just point your browser at http://music.ninemsn.com.au/
koolkutekitty in ninemsn_events3 asks: Have you ever thougt of releasing a Christmas album?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: No, not at this stage.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Maybe the odd Christmas song, but not an album. I do love Christmas songs by the way! Maybe at some stage in the future though.
reine_sunday in ninemsn_events4 asks: Are there any other popular pianists you're into (I love Ben Folds!)?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I love Ben Folds too, I think he is brilliant.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: As a female I love Tori Amos.
delta_is_rad in ninemsn_events3 asks: With 'artists' like Britney, Christina, Justin etc. ruling the American music scene, do you think America is ready for music of your genre?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I think that you can only hope your music will be embraced by people around the world.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I do my music and I look forward to sharing it with a whole new group of people even if it is different from what they have at the moment.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: You can only give your best.
abbagirl in ninemsn_events1 asks: Delta, will you be releasing more designs in the Delta by anabella collection?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Yes, I will.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I am very excited.. there are pyjamas coming out (yay!) and there is new underwear coming out in January and February which I like even better.
Georgia in ninemsn_events5 asks: When will "Hating Allison Ashley" be hitting the big screens?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: It will be hitting the big screens in April next year (I think).
Vik in ninemsn_events1 asks: Delta, I am looking so forward to your tour next year. Can you tell us a little about what is in store without giving too much away?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I am so excited about my tour, I can't wait to sing for everybody.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: It is in July next year and I can't wait to see everyone's smiling faces there and I look forward to putting on a good show.
ninemsnLive says: Unfortunately due to a really busy schedule, we have run out of time tonight. We really want to thank Delta for her time with us! Thanks Delta!
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Thank you so much for coming online and speaking to me.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Thank you for the support you have shown for my new album (and my old one!).
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I am very excited about sharing this new music and I love hearing all your thoughts.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: Thank you for the support you have shown for my new album (and my old one!).
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I am very excited about sharing this new music and I love hearing all your thoughts.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for the transcript Kat. I was in the chat two and submitted three questions but they weren't used. And after reading that transcript, I realised that they had been asked. The chat thing wasn't working on my comp. All the answers and who was who was showing up in black blocks. I had to copy and paste the stuff to Word so I could read it.

But she was so nice and it so should have been longer!!

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire
Old 11-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

She's so lovely. I swear, I haven't seen someone that nice
Old 11-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alyssa in ninemsn_events2 asks: Hey Delta!. How does it feel to have a second album out?
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I have never had second album before.

LMAO.

Ooh, pyjamas! Yayyyy!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

No probs, Rox. Glad to help you out with the trancript. Pity about yours not getting through either, but at least you know your questions were the kind she was looking to answer. Mine didn't pop up at all. But at least I can save it up for next time I write her, or (perchance, meet her again). I wish it could have been longer too. I hope they do another one sometime 'cause it was quite fun, even to watch.

That was amusing, Eves. I noticed she said that again tonight on The Panel too! Hehee.

The PJs are gonna be so cute. I can't wait to see them.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's more hilarious in print though cos you can't see her smiling face when she says it (so it sounds sarcastic and I love that obv. ) like she did on the Panel.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Yes, I see what you mean there. That's why you've gotta love sarcastic Delta on "Nobody Listened" - her supposed anger and bitterness is so wary and eloquent. The fact she's only saracastic when misconstrued is quite amusing.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

I wish I could have been there! The timing just didn't work out, with me being asleep and all ... But thanks so much for the transcript, Kat, and the offer of it, Ellie!

It would have been nice if they'd had her name as Delta Goodrem or Delta rather than "ninemsnLive_Guest" - I've been in livechats before and the guests have always had their actual name listed! And the "end" at the end of each question was odd, too, but I loved her answers, she said some great things
Old 11-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the transcript Kat

ninemsnLive_Guest says: Yes, I will.
ninemsnLive_Guest says: I am very excited.. there are pyjamas coming out (yay!) and there is new underwear coming out in January and February which I like even better.

I will get them
Old 11-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

I'm definitely looking forward to the pyjamas I could do with some new PJs!!

It would have been nice if we'd gotten the underwear over here for Christmas, but nevermind!