Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Delta B-Sides Song Survivor (The Grand Final! 18/06/05)

So, as agreed, I'm posting links to download each of the songs on the b-sides list. The songs will stay up throughout the whole game, to give people chance to join in at any time, but for now, I'm giving a week after posting this list before starting the game. That way, everyone has a chance to get to know the songs before voting starts. I'll edit the title when the game proper begins, so that everyone knows what's going on.

This is the list Kat and I discussed in detail in the MI survivor thread. They haven't all been b-sides, some of them are just extra songs (IDC, Four Short Words, the song she sang on North Shore), and not all the b-sides are included. Instrumental and acoustic versions *are* on the list, but remixes aren't. If anyone has any suggestions for changing the list, let me know!

The Songs:
Beautiful Madness
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Four Short Words
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
Have Yourself A Merry Little Xmas
Hear Me Calling
Here I Am
Here I Am (Piano/Cello version)
Hollow No More (duet with Brian McFadden)
How A Dream Looks
I Don't Care
Lost For Words
Lost Without You (acoustic)
Love
Not Me, Not I (instrumental)
Right There Waiting
Say
Silence Be Heard
To Love Somebody (duet with Nikki DeLoach - performed on North Shore)
Turn You Away
Visualise

Edit (21/02/05): Thanks to Soraya, Kat and Evie for sending the tracks I was missing! Also in addition to the original plan to leave these tracks up for a week before starting the game, after Evie's suggestion, the game will now kick off March 7th, and will include Turn You Away from the Australian Almost Here single, out March 6th.

Last edited by *~*Rach*~*; 03-06-2005 at 08:21 PM
Old 02-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Loyal Fan

I've just sent you the Lost Without You acoustic version. I don't have the NMNI Instrumental version
Old 02-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you, Soraya! I've edited it into the first post
Old 02-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will Turn You Away be included? It *is* a legitimate b-side [compared to the remixes]. Is there any big rush to start the new one, as the AH single comes out March 6th?

rach: I have emailed you ysi links for Do You Hear What I Hear? and Say. I have the NMNI instrumental but ysi is stuffing its link up. Sorry!
Old 02-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

Just e-mailed you NMNI (Instrumental), Rach! YouSendIt is still down so I used SendThisFile instead.

Thanks for doing such a great job compiling and uploading all those songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Will Turn You Away be included? It *is* a legitimate b-side [compared to the remixes]. Is there any big rush to start the new one, as the AH single comes out March 6th?
Good point. Since Rach was giving us a week or so to get (re)acquainted with the songs, I don't see why we can't hold out till the 6th to start the game officially. Either you or I can upload TYA for everyone the day it's released.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 02-21-2005, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds good to me! We may as well wait, it gives people longer to get to know the songs they've not heard before, too.

I've uploaded the files you guys sent to my domain so that the links don't expire, since we're going to be waiting over a week before we do anything, and I've edited them into the first post.

Say and DYHWIH wouldn't play, though. They kept giving me error messages, but I've uploaded them as they are anyway, because it's most likely this computer (stupid Uni PC!).
Old 02-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Loyal Fan

DYHWIH & Say didn't play for me either & I've just been able to hear the 58 first seconds of NMNI (Instrumental)... Must be a bad day.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the additional uploads, Rach.

I'm having probs with DYHWIH and Say too. But since we have a while till the game begins, there's no immediate rush to get them working. We can always discount them if, by that time, they're still not uploading properly.

icon by *Evie
Old 02-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

I've cut the links to those two tracks out, for now.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

No worries. Thanks for the update, Rach.

icon by *Evie
Old 03-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

I've got DYHWIH working Still working on Say, though, but the DYHWIH link is now active again
Old 03-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Great Rach ! But there's still a problem - unless I'm the only one to have it - with NMNI Intrumental. I've downloaded it three times and each time I only get the first 58 seconds of the piece.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

Hmmm. To be honest, I just downloaded the file Kat sent me and uploaded it again without checking it, so I'm not sure.

I've just checked it, and you're right, I'm only getting the first 58 seconds, too. I'm going home on Saturday (probably) so I should be able to get my hands on my copy of that. It shouldn't take long for people to get themselves accquainted with that particular song, after all!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Loyal Fan

You're right, it shouldn't take long to be familiar with that one ! The frustrating thing is that it stops right at the beginning of the chorus - or what should be the chorus on the non-instrumental version. I can't wait to start!
Old 03-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

There we go - Say is now working, too. Or should be, at least!