Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 02:52 AM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation!

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 11-09-2016, 02:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for starting this

Firstly I'm really excited but also really sad as I LOVE this customisation we've got here. I love how its mostly neutral with splashes of colour & would love to keep it like that there's a reason I wanted the same on Kelly . I'm also really attached to the colours here & love how the text is done so if anyone on the team wants to try copy how the text was done I will love you forever

For colours we've always stuck with these beige colours in the past which really seem to fit. If you look at her album covers they all seem to have these beige/skin tone/yellow shades &/or blues. I think it would be nice to change things up & replace the pink/orange shades with some blues. It'd fit Delta quite nicely & be easy on the eyes. Two colour schemes I found which I quite like are Nature Hues & Shore Tones. They may not be the blues from the albums but they're pretty & easier on the eyes than those blues

As for pictures don't worry, we do have some. They may not be the best ones but at least they're something. The pictures I love the most & would really like you to use are these from her Woman's Weekly shoot. Then here are other pictures from this year, mostly from the Wings of the Wild album photoshoot (unfortunately there's more pics but they're black & white ). Most recently we've gotten these but they're cut off & I'm not sure if there's other pictures from that shoot or anything

P.S. yes I did have this ready waiting for when it was posted

Edit: Please everyone else let the GT know what you'd like to see . That's just what I'd like & I've been thinking about it for a while as I may have known it was coming as I can see one of the many lists which is used to work out which boards are next & we're one of the oldest customisations now. Plus Aurora checked with me that we had usable pictures . This board is here for everyone & the sooner we decide on what we'd like to see here the sooner the GT can begin working on their graphics . I'm not set on my ideas, & look forward to seeing everyone else's its also not just up to me, its up to all of us. I was just really quick with my ideas

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 11-09-2016 at 03:36 AM
Old 11-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like the pictures from Woman's Weekly shoot best

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
Most recently we've gotten these but they're cut off & I'm not sure if there's other pictures from that shoot or anything
There's more pictures from that shoot here, but I don't know if they would work.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

What colours would you like to see here Ingrid or do you agree with Chelle's suggestions?

Looking at that link the Woman's Weekly pictures that both Chelle and Ingrid like are here and they may be slightly better quality (they are at least larger) than the ones Chelle linked to. It also has the magazine scans as well as the images.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken melody (View Post)
There's more pictures from that shoot here, but I don't know if they would work.
Thanks for those I knew I had seen something about it on FB but wasn't sure if there was something somewhere on a site. I've never seen that gallery before but nice to know that there is somewhere for Delta pics again, even if its just a small amount

Thanks for bringing that link over for those pics they possibly are better quality than mine as I got mine from Tumblr

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2016, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

No problem, Chelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
What colours would you like to see here Ingrid or do you agree with Chelle's suggestions?
I'm not sure I love the colours we have now but they're pretty similar to the previous ones, and so it feels like we've had the same colours for a while. It would be nice to move away from that a little and maybe add some blue, like Chelle suggested.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken melody (View Post)
I love the colours we have now but they're pretty similar to the previous ones, and so it feels like we've had the same colours for a while. It would be nice to move away from that a little and maybe add some blue, like Chelle suggested.
Exactly how I feel. I wouldn't say no to keeping what we have now, & I don't particularly want to give parts of it up either, but change could also be nice. The blue just made sense in my head . Do you have any other alternate colour thoughts?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2016, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
Exactly how I feel. I wouldn't say no to keeping what we have now, & I don't particularly want to give parts of it up either, but change could also be nice. The blue just made sense in my head . Do you have any other alternate colour thoughts?
I think a combination of blue and purple would be nice, or pink/purple I've looked at the Design Seeds site, but I'm finding it hard to imagine what the colours would look like on the board
Old 11-10-2016, 03:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I like those ideas too but yeah it can be hard to picture how it'll look on the board

Personally I'd really like to keep the background colour as a neutral beige-type colour (if that's alright with everyone else?), so for me it'd be blues or purples where we've got the more pink shades now. Then I'd say the purple or pink for links & buttons sorry Mel being picky again but I actually don't care this time, unlike Kelly this is just an idea

What sorts of purples & pinks are you thinking?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2016, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh all three would be even better I agree about the background colour

I don't really have anything specific in mind, but I guess a lighter shade of pink (like here) and a purple similar to the third colour here. I don't know if that would look good so I'm open to suggestions
Old 11-10-2016, 03:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I edited my post (I had suggested all three together originally by the way)

oo I love those too I quite like all the colours in that first suggestion, it just would need to be combined with the beige-ish colour

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2016, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The first one you posted Ingrid! I love those colours
Old 11-10-2016, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

awesome!

i love the customisation we have, it looks so well done, however change is good.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Do you have any ideas for what you'd like to see here Evie?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-12-2016, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You mention pinks/purples...

What about a blend of these two palettes...

heavenly hues | wanderlust