Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad your single arrived Evie! I wonder when I'll get mine, I had it sent home & told my mom to email me when it arrives

I still love the acoustic version of DWABH but the other one has really grown on me so I like them both now
Old 09-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love Waiting For Forever!! The verses sound amazing.

DWABH (both versions) are growing on me with more listens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIngrid (View Post)
^ I was surprised to see it there too. Do you think that because they put both Sototw & Dwabh on Itunes without any promo that there's no plans for a tour here? Because then they'd release the songs with promo or wait until the tour and then release them, right?
I don't know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie (View Post)
Single arrived today! Yay, ill listen to the other cd versions tomorrow in the car keyring is really thick and hard to fix onto my bag chain so I gave up
Yay! Aw no.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i think her voice sounds better on the radio version, with the live version she seems to cut off words (or the waily bits) which she mustn't be able to reach in real life (without autotune) which is a shame
Old 09-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah she does cut words off doesn't she, I was listening to it on the bus the other day and really paying attention to that. I was thinking maybe she wanted it to be quite spontaneous otherwise she could've practised completing all the phrases?! Idk. There's something 'Delta' about it though.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ah delta, very 'fake it til you make it'. spontaneous sounds better
Old 09-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Delta says some interesting things about the single in this interview;
Quote:
"Dancing With a Broken Heart" is quite a different sound for you. What was it like to enter that more dance-y territory?
It was interesting because the song in its original, raw form is just piano, and I have a version of that on iTunes. I do love my songs in their raw form — it’s my favourite way to play and my favourite way for people to hear them. When you’re in the studio you start dressing it up. You think, ‘We could do this, we could do this,’ and you start pulling different synths, different sounds — I just started painting that song. Originally I was thinking Robyn meets Kate Bush, that’s where my head was at. It’s a different production to what’s actually going to be on the album, too. We went a little more extreme, I guess, but I love the original form.

How do you like to perform it? The radio version doesn’t have those piano riffs we’re used to hearing in your music.
When you hear it in its piano form, it does. [Sings to demonstrate] I’ve been playing a piano/cello version. I really do love that version like that, actually.

Would you perform it the way the track sounds?
Possibly! It’s funny, while we’re talking, I’m getting my tour together, I’m getting my show together, and when you were just saying that I was thinking in my head, ‘You know, I’m stripping back a lot of songs. Maybe I’ll do that full version.’ It’s good fun to do that too. I mean I love dancing. It’s one of my favourite hobbies. When I’m in LA I go to open hip-hop classes with my girlfriends.

With a song like "Dancing With a Broken Heart," as with other songs, people will read into the title and lyrics, so does that affect your song writing?
No. I am somebody who is a constant thinker, but when it comes to my art and my music, that’s where my strength comes in. I want to reflect, and I want to be able to be as open as I can be in my songs. I say to myself, “There is no restriction. The sky’s the limit.” I can do whatever I want. If I want to change a chord here, I can. It’s completely freedom of expression and I really do love to express through music. I don’t feel any type of restriction on worrying about what anyone says. It’s different when I speak in public, obviously, but in singing and writing a song, no.

Full Interview

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing Chelle, I enjoyed reading that!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Graphics Team Manager

So did I, she said some interesting things in there . Also interesting to learn that she might sing the single version not the acoustic version on tour, & that the album version might be different as well (or am I miss reading it?)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-14-2012, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

gosh i hope she performs the studio version on tour, it would be amazing!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

It'll be interesting to see which version she performs

I read somewhere that DWABH is out of the top 50, shame it didn't do very well

ETA:

My mom told me my single arrived today!

Last edited by broken melody; 09-14-2012 at 10:27 AM