Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Valentino: Episode Discussion (10/27/04)

Episode description courtesy of The WB

New Time | wednesday | 9/8c

Bobby's (Logan Lerman) relationship with Dex (guest star Jeanette Brox) continues to grow until Grace (Christine Lahti) walks in on them kissing in her study. After failing to convince Bobby to break it off with Dex, Grace and Jack (Matt Long) take matters into their own hands. Meanwhile, Peter (John Slattery) shows his overprotective side and though he has Courtney's (Jessica Paré) best interests at heart, ultimately causes her embarrassment among her peers. Also, the future reveals that President McCallister has trouble with his oldest son and the secret service.

Edwin Hodge, Keri Lynn Pratt and Bradley Cooper also star. John Coles directed the episode written by Steven Cohen and Brad Meltzer.

Miss this episode? Don't worry - check out KTLA's episode summary!

Last edited by crazyforcmm; 03-04-2005 at 01:23 PM
Old 10-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Oooh, nice touch adding the pictures, Chrissy.

I'll miss the episode tonight but have it set to program on my VCR. I'm especially interested in this episode because novelist/series co-creator Brad Meltzer wrote it. He's also a comic book writer. On his official Web site, I read that the episode should have plenty of comics' references.

As a fan of comic books (not an obsessie but a general fan), I'm looking forward to seeing how they're used.

Judy

icon credit: skje
Old 10-28-2004, 01:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

so confused guys.....
loved the episode but dont understand one thing

what happend with bobby's son and the "date"
and who was abigail marks, that lady from the future flashback?
who was she and what did she say?

thanks
-dennis <3
Old 10-28-2004, 02:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DeNnls
what happend with bobby's son and the "date"
and who was abigail marks, that lady from the future flashback?
who was she and what did she say?
While Bobby told his son that he could have the date without protection. He sent them anyways. They were there in cover watching from a distance. Was Valentino his date's name or his codename? Anyways when Valentino tripped they came out of hiding in an instant. Crushing his belief that his father allowed him to have a normal date. I assume that the woman who told us about this information was part of that detail assigned to protect Jack.

Tonights episode was great. It regenerated my spirit. Perhaps because it was the first episode to really focus more on the family relationships at the current time then look too much ahead with the future.

I loved it when Bobby stood up against for Dex and his' relationship. I think it was the first time that he stood up for something in a non-angry tone. Which is why I think that Grace was proud of him about doing that.

I can understand Jack not wanting Dex to be with Bobby. With her reputation and all. It was the brother thing to do with trying to protect Bobby from getting hurt by her. Of course by trying to protect him he set forth an event that did hurt him. With the way that things went with Dex, it's going to leave him with some issues. His first girl and he finds out that she was fooling around on him. I hate Jack for making her believe that she didn't deserve Bobby in a way. I dislike her even more for believing it. Everything is understandable but it just pains me that this situation hurt the two people who were innocent in it.

I'm seeing more of a frienship and general understanding between Grace and Peter then I first thought. They are coming to a point where they can learn from one another and each other's parenting skills.

I really wanted to wail on that kid who made that drawing. Couldn't he understand that it was a father being a father. Too many people rush to their own thoughts that they sometimes forget what it would be like in the other person's shoes.

There wasn't much Marcus or Missy in this episode. We have seen Missy and played some main points with her but we need more Marcus. I can't thing of anyone more influentual to a teenage boy then his best friend.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

i am assuming it was the code name of the date

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject
While Bobby told his son that he could have the date without protection. He sent them anyways. They were there in cover watching from a distance. Was Valentino his date's name or his codename? Anyways when Valentino tripped they came out of hiding in an instant. Crushing his belief that his father allowed him to have a normal date. I assume that the woman who told us about this information was part of that detail assigned to protect Jack.

Tonights episode was great. It regenerated my spirit. Perhaps because it was the first episode to really focus more on the family relationships at the current time then look too much ahead with the future.

I loved it when Bobby stood up against for Dex and his' relationship. I think it was the first time that he stood up for something in a non-angry tone. Which is why I think that Grace was proud of him about doing that.

I did the same....made the assumption that the person Abigail Marks was the secret service person who described how the accident brought the protection team out in force. Bobby's oldest child's name was Jack . I understand why he would name his child Jack...but it makes me sit back and wonder what exactly happens to Jack his brother.

Regarding the comics...they did use them as only a tool for Tom's thesis..which had Grace cracking up. I figured it would happen...when she told him she had one spot left to be his mentor..but he had already chosen another Professor. Grace irks..me sometimes....and when she ripped it to shreds i was at that point. Thankfully Tom is bigger and took her crisitism to heart and asked for her help afterall stating that she would make it better because he knew that she wouldn't stop until he did his best. (more chemistry there ....can't wait to see what happens)

Jack telling Dex that she wasn't good enough for Bobby, and bringing some truths home for her - hurt Bobby so much. I actually expected Bobby to walk in when Jack was telling Grace what occurred.

WHAT i didn't get ..was the satorical comic that the student drew regarding Courtney. I never actually saw what it depicted...other than her and a man..but they stated her chest was HUGE..and when i saw the tiny glimpse it didn't seem to be that noticeable...i actually thought the father's shoe's were extra large...so someone please if they know what it depicted and the caption underneath..tell me! Loved it that Grace tore into the student and really threatened him and his academic career. For once her biting wit worked here for me.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Saw the episode last night. It was intriguing that Bobby named his son Jack. I do wonder what happens to Jack in the future. I found it to be sweet that he names his first born son after his older brother!

When I heard that Bobby and Courtney end up having four boys I said out loud "what?" I just cant imagine them having that many kids. I still find it hard to imagine them together in the future. Not that I find it weird or that I want Jack with Courtney or anything like that. It is just still hard for me to wrap my mind around that they end up together and actually build a whole life together.

I was glad that Jack went to Dex and told her to let Bobby go. It was true that she was trying to hide her relationship with Bobby and she was ashamed of it or whatever she was feeling. It makes me wonder why she was even with him. I found it weird that she would even allow her parents to have a talk with Grace. I never really warmed up to Dex and I am happy that she is potentially out of Bobby's life right now.

I love Grace and Tom's scenes. They have good chemistry. Christine and Bradley play off each other well. And I'm glad that she will be helping him on his thesis paper.

I know Grace annoys a lot of people. But I do like her. I like how strong she is. And how she roots for the right person. She is the type of person you would want on your side. I loved it when she called that guy who drew the comic into her office and talked to him.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Re: i am assuming it was the code name of the date

Quote:
Originally posted by Dommie
WHAT i didn't get ..was the satorical comic that the student drew regarding Courtney. I never actually saw what it depicted...other than her and a man..but they stated her chest was HUGE..and when i saw the tiny glimpse it didn't seem to be that noticeable...i actually thought the father's shoe's were extra large...so someone please if they know what it depicted and the caption underneath..tell me! Loved it that Grace tore into the student and really threatened him and his academic career. For once her biting wit worked here for me.
Sorry - I didn't catch the caption

I liked that this episode had a focus on family, whether it be the McCallister's or the Benedict's. It was neat to see the interaction between the families trying to help a loved one.

While, I do see where Grace and Jack were coming from trying to protect Bobby from Dex, I don't think they should have done what they did. I like to think that maybe Dex was trying to change (which is probably unlikely), but I think their relationship was still beginning and harmless. It was sweet that Grace and Jack were trying to prevent Bobby's heart from breaking, but ultimately, it got broken in the end anyway.

What else did I want to say? - oh yeah - I loved how Tom said that Grace's comments might not be personal, but he felt that the criticism was personal; I enjoy constructive criticism, but if it's too picky or overly critical - I tend to get annoyed

Michael - I definetly agree that there needs to be more Marcus! He's such a great character that needs to be explored! I also think that Missy's turning into a very interesting character
Old 10-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I felt so bad for Bobby when he saw Dex kissing the other guy and then later when he was damaging the record and Jack hugged him, it was so sad
Old 10-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

dcfriends - Hi! I agree - those two scenes were very sad It was neat to see Jack hug his younger brother to comfort him - it was a nice touch to say "I care" ...although I still don't agree with Jack telling Dex that
Old 10-30-2004, 03:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Although I don't like Bobby/Dex, I felt awful about how their relationship was ended... poor Bobby. And poor Dex, too. If Jack hadn't made her feel like she didn't deserve him she wouldn't have cheated on him... I thought it was interesting to see that controlling element shift from Grace to Jack, in that matter.

I loved seeing Courtney and her family life, and I loved seeing Courtney interacting with a group of people socially.

I agree, we need more Marcus.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

This episode has renewed my interest in the show. I almost didn't watch it b/c of the move to Wednesdays, but I'm glad I did. I'm also glad that they're doing Easy View on Sunday so I can keep watching it. It had some very good family scenes with the McCallisters as well as the Benedicts. I couldn't find one character that annoyed me this ep, which is an accomplishment in itself. And other than the family scenes, I also love seeing Grace & Tom interact. As someone said before, Christine and Bradley play off each other very well, and I like that Tom is so different from her previous TA, that girl that just let Grace rip her apart and didn't stand up for herself.

Best scene? The very end with Grace and Jack talking about cheese. I loved that. It was great.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 10-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Remember - J&B will be on the WB's Easy View at 6 today
Old 10-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I kind of find Grace condesending myself. She seems to like to talk down to people.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm de-topping this
Old 11-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode because it got to focus on Grace and Courtney, plus we got to see the demise of Bobby/Dex. Finally! I didn't see this going anywhere. I am looking forward to tonight's episode, although I'm not too surprised that there covering the election in there show. Obviously, with the show being about politics and all. lol.

credit