Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-27-2005, 08:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCongeniality
Grace was talking about how John Adams became a leader..."In fact, fifty years later he became --" I'm guessing it's POTUS, and the look she gave him kinda made me think that for a split second she saw it for Bobby too...
Actually, it was only 20 years later that Adams was elected president.

The 50 years later (I don't think she said "became") story is . . .

Both Adams and Jefferson died on July 4, 1826, the 50-year anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Obviously that anniversary was a big deal in the history of the young USA, and evidently it was important enough to both those men who had been key players in creating the Declaration, and the nation, to stick around to commemorate it even in failing health at the ages of 90 and 83.

The story goes that among Adams's last words were "Thomas Jefferson still lives" (although in fact Jefferson had died that morning).
Old 04-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

The guy who played Jack was really great and on the verge of tears the whole time. Awesome performance.

I really enjoyed the beginning when different guys were asking girls to the dance. My favorite one was the karaoke dude singing over "My Boo". Funniest thing ever! Katie in her bunny costume was just too precious. I was so proud of her for stepping it up like that.

Henrie, thanks for that info. It has become clear that I slept through US History senior year...
Old 04-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Henrie, welcome to FF and the board!

Interesting......I think I knew that, but it may have slipped my memory.......

Candy, the guy who played young Jack was amazing.......
Old 04-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Seriously, the first thing that flew out of my mouth when he came onscreen was, "Wow, he's cute!" And then I squeed like a schoolgirl when his name came up. Bobby and Courtney had themselves some good lookin' boys. It was nice to get a visual of him because he was the feature of Valentino (he even mentioned Agent Marks).

Henrie, welcome to the board!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Yeah! It was neat......
Old 04-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

He used to be on a WB show called "Jack & Jill" ... he played Berto. Simon Rex, Amanda Peete, they were also on the show.

kenny | credit
Old 04-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh wow, I used to watch that. I think it was just for the first season though because I don't remember him... It was the mid-season replacement for Felicity at one point, I think.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

It aired with Felicity's second season on Sundays. Then, it went away, and came back as a mid-season show. It was honestly a good show, and I'm surprised they ended up cancelling it. It was a perfect pairing with Felicity.

kenny | credit
Old 04-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

I agree. The WB is clearly showing themselves as not having the best judgement with shows if J&J got axed and we're in danger of the same fate.

The Help was on for eight episodes too many. The Help! The Mountain wasn't too bad but I totally forgot about it once it moved to Sunday. We are definitely going to need a better time slot. Maybe the WB is holding out their fall announcement until they figure out where ABC is going to have their stuff. Since Monday Night Football is moving, they might move one of the more popular shows to that 9 p.m. slot.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Uh ... but, Everwood is on Mondays. We can't have them change that!

kenny | credit
Old 04-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Crap. Didn't think that one through... I guess our best bet at the moment is to find out if UPN has announced their returning shows yet. If Kevin Hill is not on the list then we kind of have some leg room. I'm just hoping Alias gets moved to Monday at this point, because Wednesday is a really good time for us...especially afer Smallville, which I'm back into again because it's right before J&B...and it's good too.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm all about Smallville/Jack & Bobby.

OT: I would love them to release Jack & Jill on DVD.

kenny | credit
Old 04-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

What is shown on Thursdays (on the WB) that they can't clear room for a drama? If it's on at 9, it'll be up against The Apprentice...I seriously don't know what the other networks have either...Sorry, maybe we should move this to the OT thread.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:37 PM
New Fan

What about Tuesdays after Gilmore Girls? Especially with the boom in their ratings this season, I think it could help J&B. Plus, Gilmore Girls has a wider audience than typical WB shows, and I think people who like GG might take an interest in J&B as well.

I realize that's One Tree Hill's spot, but now that their ratings are fine, they'd be able to withstand the time change.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Even is Bobby is growing up and he needs his space, I think the little guy was a brat last night. I WOULD NEVER do that to my mom and she would never let me humiliate her like that. Right or wrong, I cannot believe Grace did not do anything about it. Maybe understand his reasons is ok and good but what Bobby did was out of line and I still don't get why Grace is always to blame for someething. She might not be the world best mother but still she tries and yet she gets humiliated like that by her son?????? I wanted to slap Bobby...

As for Missy I knew she was dying and I never cared much for her but still I find it very interesting that on a political show like J&B the girl that gets an abortion, gets killed the next episode. Some people will say karma but me I just think it is pushing ideas too far. Why not Randy, a jerk clearly??????? Why not nobody??? No it had to be Missy.