Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

Can I just say that I felt so bad for Grace tonight, getting the boot from the entire class in such a repulsive way ... and then Bobby had the nerve to be like "I brought you dinner." ...

But, in the end, he's right. She does let him be his own person, if they agree on the same thing. Like with his religion, and the first episode with the TV. She needs to let him make his own life decisions ... hopefully she'll learn to let go. But, still it wasn't nice at all of Bobby to put his mother on that spotlight like he had.

As for everything else, I honestly don't know what to say. I have to say ... that was the center story tonight, and for good reason. I liked the way Katie succumbed to Jack and asked him to the dance (in a bunny costume ). But, I felt like that was an easy out, to make her find out about Missy/Jack. I don't know ... was it just me?

Marcus - I loved him practicing asking Courtney in the stacks. Too funny. And I'm glad he ended up going with her ... and tried to put his jealousy on hold.

Jack - I liked the scene with him and Courtney dancing. It was nice. I think they are good friends, right now.

Randy - Why couldn't he die? I cannot stand him!

Missy - I hated you. I bitched about you all the time ... and honestly, I had been wishing for that moment since I first saw you on J&B. But, tonight ... I shed a tear because I knew you had been killed ... and Jack/Marcus lives will never be the same because of it.

Then the promo came ... and made me shiver, knowing that one of them is in for a serious penalty. And then I went ... "wow, a teen-type show with a real story, took a cliched plot and made it workable, and put a new twist on it" ... I am very impressed! And saddened at the same time.

I hope The WB decides to renew this series ... because they don't know what kind of gem they have on there hands.

kenny | credit
Old 04-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

If I hadn't been spoiled for this, I'd be a serious wreck right now. This episode was way more graphic than I thought it would be. I enjoyed all the light moments throughout but we knew the ending was coming.

Bobby's Jack is quite the looker and his testimonial made me cry, especially at the end when he said what Bobby's reaction was.

Jack/Katie was too sweet, and it was so horrible to see everything fall apart like that. She was finally going to be the girlfriend...

I felt bad for Missy but what was she thinking even talking to Randy again?! Her scene with Jack behind the barn was probably the most genuine I've seen her and having her die was just...ugh. It was cool of Jack to recount a good memory of Missy considering their history too, and his earnest effort to give her CPR broke my heart...

Bobby was an uberjerk to Grace and I kept wishing that Tom had been around so that she wouldn't have had to go on the trip in the first place. I LOVED the end though when they were at Independence Hall and Grace was talking about how John Adams became a leader..."In fact, fifty years later he became --" I'm guessing it's POTUS, and the look she gave him kinda made me think that for a split second she saw it for Bobby too...

Marcus was hilarious practicing asking Courtney out in the library.

Jack: She might still say no.
Marcus: To me?

He is so hot.

J/C went and wrecked his mood...messed with mine a bit, but nothing materialized and it was great to have Katie nearby.

Random Rant: It was funny that BJ wasn't around, but he's on Veronica Mars now so I wasn't too surprised that he was MIA.

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 04-27-2005 at 07:23 PM
Old 04-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

The underlying most reason as to why I (despite my hatred of the WB, teen mush, and pretty peppy faces) love J&B (aside from the ****ing awesomeness that is Grace), is the ability of the writers to take the most boring, overused plots (abortion, hunting, car crash) and make it into a searing, painful thing. Tonight wasn't any different.

I forgot to voice in on the futureheads: Was it just me, or was the guy playing John BRILLIANT?!? His face......
Old 04-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the summary!

Sad about Missy.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Loyal Fan

You think maybe Bobby's son was named after John Adams? The actor they got to play him was perfectly cast looked just like an older Bobby.
Pam: What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
Jim: I just needed you to know. Once.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

John Addams? Never thought of that! I just assumed "Jack".........
Old 04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think it was said that Bobby named Jack for his brother...
Old 04-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I just figured since they were so focused on John Adams at the end of the ep and who knows when they started calling Bobby's jack Jack sometimes nicknames don't develop for a while.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

And Bobby had a son named Henry.......info for the President McCallister thread.

Wow.......I'm still in shock.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Loyal Fan

But Jack was named after his Father Juan and isn't Juan the spanish version of John? So he probably was only named after Jack.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

I suppose. But it's a cool reference, nonetheless.

So, anyone else notice how fragile Grace was in this ep? Or is it just the Christine stalker in me?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Loyal Fan

She looked so crushed first time ever I hated Bobby he reminded me of Jack in the early eps.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
New Fan

Sad to see Missy go out like that, but you kinda knew it was gonna happen.

Also I hope Katie can forgive Jack. After all it was her who had told him she was going on a date with another guy that night and that her's and Jack's relationship was more on the "booty buddies" side. She can be mad at him, but it shouldn't end their relationship. I hope.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

She was rather fragile tonight. I definetly noticed that.

kenny | credit
Old 04-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

My Grace......