Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Banned

Unconventional Couples: Marcus/Courtney?

With the preview going around and everyone on this discussion on different threads. I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about UC ships in general.

Of course right now the one ship that we should talk about is Marcus/Courtney. I'm brining some things said over to here...

Quote:
I wonder what Peter will think. Marcus is a nice guy and I'm sure he would treat Courtney like a queen, but (and I hate to think this ) b/c Peter is a conservative I'm wondering how he would feel if his daughter dated a person of another race. Not saying he racist just maybe that he's not comfortable with the idea of his daughter and Marcus. Hopefully I'm making this out of nothing at all.
Peter's a father, he would have a problem with any guy dating his daughter. I don't think he would have an issue with the fact that Marcus is black. Just because he is a conservative doesn't mean that he is against different race relations. (oh how I hate that...aren't we all the human race) Anyways, Peter doesn't remind me as the typical stero-type Republican that we see on television.

As for Marcus/Courtney in general. I'm not sure I like the idea of them getting together. Not that couldn't make it work. However, it seems so wrong for Courtney to marry Bobby, have a thing with Jack, and date Marcus. Especially when we know that Marcus works with Bobby in the future.

hmm... maybe in the future Courtney has an affair of her own.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Total Fan

Well so far if I can run down the list right, Jack will probably date Courtney, Grace maybe might have a thing with Peter, Marcus is going to be w/ Courtney, Bobby will eventually marry Courtney. All I know from this is that this group needs to branch out and meet some new people. I kind of like the idea of Marcus and Courtney together. I don't know why but they just seem like a better fit together. We'll see though. And like you said, Marcus works for Bobby later on during is Presidency so that could be a little weird. As for the conservative issue, I didn't mean to make a generalization but from my experience with the conservatives I know (and I do know a lot) is that they don't date people of another race that often, and there are liberals that don't do that either. We're all the same and I know that. Peter does though seem like he's straight laced, but I think he would like Marcus.

Thanks for pimpin' my quote!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ooh, great thread idea!

Marcus/Courtney would have great cute factor, but it's just another roundabout way for her to end up with Jack and then ultimately Bobby. It's quite silly to me that people would find it necessary to date all their friends...this just doesn't bode well for the future if Courtney's hooking it up with Marcus now. I think that their friendship is great and we need to see more focus on that. I'm a M/C friendship shipper and always look forward to scenes with these two.

My favorite imaginary UC ship has got to be Dex/Jack. I just have a feeling something has happened between them. Maybe before they started at Truman and Jack met all his new friends, there was a little something between them. In transcribing Valentino (almost done) I kinda sensed that it was a one time thing and Jack has been blocking it out. Yeah, that's just the fanfic lobe of my brain talking.
If we knew Chloe's age, I would totally be up for Warren/Chloe. Both two cute for words.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Great thread idea!

I really like the idea of Marcus/Court, but given that we know she will be with both Jack and Bobby, it does bother me a bit. Ah, how I wish she would never hook up with Jack!

As for Dex/Jack........... Actually, I like that one. But Jack/Chloe is my happy dream......
Old 04-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
As for the conservative issue, I didn't mean to make a generalization but from my experience with the conservatives I know (and I do know a lot) is that they don't date people of another race that often, and there are liberals that don't do that either.
I think that most people like to date within their own race. Not because of any mindsets but because IMO people just look better together as a couple with one of their own.

Take myself for example, I would look better with a brown woman then another. Our family would look like a classic example of a famliy. Most family units that you see on television and movies are all the same race. Dating couples have more lean way to be inter-racial.

Quote:
Peter does though seem like he's straight laced, but I think he would like Marcus.
How can I say this... Peter seems much more understanding in certain issues then one would expect IMO. That is why I don't think he would have much trouble then normal regarding Courtney/Marcus. He still might have some small events about it that might be brought out.

Grace and Peter could be talking and she say.. "Is it because he's black?" That is to say if they were on good terms...ect...

Quote:
Thanks for pimpin' my quote!
It caught my attention.

Quote:
It's quite silly to me that people would find it necessary to date all their friends
Who is better to date? Someone you know and since they are on a show, they are all good-looking.

Quote:
My favorite imaginary UC ship has got to be Dex/Jack.
hmm... I can see that working too.... That's really something to think about. If they ever do bring Dex back. They don't seem that far apart age wise so it might work. Of course I know Bobby would be upset and of course, I don't think Jack would be with her knowing her reputation around school.

Quote:
If we knew Chloe's age, I would totally be up for Warren/Chloe. Both two cute for words
Perhaps the best UC couple I've thought about.

Quote:
But Jack/Chloe is my happy dream
I just can't see them together. Too much difference in age. Besides, would't that be really strange. Two brothers dating two sisters? Then it would be one would end up marrying his sister-in-law?

I don't know... I just can't feel them as a couple.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

I'm an odd freak. I think of odd things.

Anyhoo, Warren/Chloe would be equally precious. And as for the potential Grace to Peter line about race..... I could actually envision that scene.........
Old 04-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
Who is better to date? Someone you know and since they are on a show, they are all good-looking.
I guess it would be better to date someone you knew well rather than a complete stranger. Look where that got Courtney last time. I don't believe I've ever seen Courtney laugh at anything Jack has ever said, the way she was with Marcus, either. Happiness looks good on her. More power to M/C. I'm thinking it'll just be a friend thing though.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Master Fan

Probabley. Which sucks for Marcus, since I want him to have a girlfriend.....
Old 04-13-2005, 06:16 AM
Total Fan

Yeah I think that relationship won't go anywhere but we'll all find out after tonight!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

I personally want it to, but........
Old 04-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

i wasnt sure before, but after tonight, i am all for marcus and courtney -- they were super cute!

Avi by Starsprite
Old 04-14-2005, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

Hi! Yeah, I love C/M too.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aw! Marcus and Courtney won me over last night, man. Too cute! Apparently they have been talking to each other nightly for the past six weeks and watching chick flicks together: "I just wanted Mandy Moore to die already." I seriously have to watch A Walk To Remember again now. The cute touching was awesome, and my heart almost broke when he stopped her from asking whether or not he had feelings for her. Marcus is such a great guy, but I totally understand that his loyalty to Jack with precede anything else. I love that M/C are pretty much best friends now anyway.

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 04-14-2005 at 02:33 PM
Old 04-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

they're awesome! And Marcus was great about the guy code.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

I got all shippery when I saw M/C sitting next to each other on the McCallisters' couch in the promo. Even though we know J/C is coming, and soon, it's good to see Courtney and Marcus supporting each other during this sad time. They'll both be there for Jack too and I'm looking forward to the scenes with these three tonight.