Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

Wow, you must have the biggest grin on your face right now.

I'm not sure if I'm going to watch EasyView tonight...should I really sit through that again? I can't decide.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

I am, because I'm insane. Plus, I like to look for potential promos.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Aw, I love the promos, and the "previously on Jack & Bobby"s. I got the CL kiss on tape because of that. I hate when I set the tape for where I want it to start taping and the VCR still skips it back and tapes over stuff I want. Le sigh.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, that sucks. But I love the prev. on!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

episode 17 commentary. part one.

previously on... Sparky the Nudist Boy screwed Courtney over. Peter doesn't care what Grace says/thinks/rants anymore. oh. and Grace hasn't told the boys much about their father.

Bobby's sitting in class looking worried. this young actor is good, but his worried face is rather over the top. the directors might do well to mention that to him. And I know that teacher from somewhere. She's probably been in some MOW with Christine, hasn't she?

Future head tells us that he researched a paper on Grace. I bet that gave her an ego boost.

Bobby is trying to tell his mom about the family history project. She tells him that her life is an open book. What. Ever. Bobby still thinks the best of his mom. Bless him. but just this once.

Futurehead was intriged by Grace's false backstory. So am I, but dude. You don't think it might be the thing that enabled Bobby to become POTUS? Something tells me that a President whose dad is a convicted felon might not have gone down too well during the debates. The writers obviously disagree.. and so. Opening Credits.

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Great start, Esther!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Love it!

I remember the actress that plays the teacher from "The Jersey"...sci-fi Disney Channel show. Warren is so adorable. I just noticed that.

I hope that with the resources afforded to him as president, that Bobby finally got the truth abou his dad.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

episode 17 commentary. part two.

The next morning. Bobby's pulling his very best suck-up routine by preparing breakfast for his mom. We've never seen Grace eat breakfast before, so something tells me that today isn't going to be any different. Bobby, if you're not a breakfast person, nothing will change that, not even pancakes. Cooking dinner, now that might have been a smarter idea. Grace predicably blows him off, but snags a pancake on her way out the door. Stylish.

(and I am being disturbed by a cat. need to go feed it).

(am back)

College dining hall later that day. Grace and Tom make a rather well watched entrance. They say it's like an awards ceremony. Really? I don't think I've seen any quite like this before, but Grace's hypothetical award is funny so I'll let it slide. Grace suggests that they have a normal lunch. Then wonders whether she should order french fries or not. For goodness sake Grace, look at yourself. You can afford it. Tom seems to agree with me on this one. Although I'm not entirely sure he was paying attention to anything. Grace picks up on this and does that whole 'hi-wave' thing which. omg. so me (and this is only the beginning of the average weekly freakywriting). Tom's angsting about Farmington and his sucky chapter. Grace's voice drops to an almost-whisper and says she'll read his chapter as a colleage... and on that note we cut to

Sparky the Nudist Boy telling Courtney how unbelievably sexy she is. This entire conversation seems stolen from Something's Gotta Give, when Keanu is putting the moves on Diane Keaton. Courney says Sparky should stay. He says he's off to the funeral of a distant uncle. We cut to Kate and Jack before I die of boredom.

Katie is so true. This is my suburban nightmare. I have lots of suburban nightmares, most of which ocurr when I go to the nearby Borders store which is right in the middle of suburbia. Everyone has two kids under the age of six and dresses like the just walked out of a Gap commercial. But I digress. Katie's story is way cooler than Jack's, although a little cliched in its own right. I love Katie though, so all's fine. And at that moment they spot Sparky geting rather friendly with someone who isn't from Alabama. Katie tells Jack that he now has an obligation. I don't think Jack's too good with those these days.

Meanwhile, back at Grace's house, Bobby's still trying to get info out of his mother. Bobby's pissed that Tom's homework is more important than his. Dude, Bobby. Get a load of this. Tom's work is his PhD. Yours is what, a class asignment that is worth maybe 3% of your total grade in one class? Grace is nice enough to play along with Bobby this time. She talks into his dictaphone in the worlds most monotone voice, delivers three sentences and switches it off. At this point, I'm trying very hard not to laugh. She goes to the-secret-black-box-of-doom to find the only two pictures she has of herself as a child. I love that touch. Our parents always seem to remain the guardians of our childhood, don't they? Grace assures Bobby that he will be fine because most kids won't have much to say about their families either. Bobby's not so sure and asks about 'dad'. Grace feeds him the archaeology story. He says he knows the truth now, plus he doens't know anything about archaeology and what if someone asks him about it. Heck, I don't know a thing about what my father does. It's not like that's something relating to family history, is it, now? But Bobby, ever the moralist, fails to see common sense so Grace throws him a textbook. He sulks. Grace says he should take an incomplete. Bobby sulks some more (and again with the bad acting. make it go away already). Grace sighs and wonders why her son can't just embellish his older brother's project...

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.

Last edited by cappuccinogirl; 03-06-2005 at 09:48 AM
Old 03-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinogirl
Sparky the Nudist Boy telling Courtney how unbelievably sexy she is. This entire conversation seems stolen from Something's Gotta Give, when Keanu is putting the moves on Diane Keaton. Courney says Sparky should stay. He says he's off to the funeral of a distant uncle. We cut to Kate and Jack before I die of boredom.
You read my mind! Nate was adorable before the truth came out though, I must admit.
Quote:
Meanwhile, back at Grace's house, Bobby's still trying to get info out of his mother. Bobby's pissed that Tom's homework is more important than his. Dude, Bobby. Get a load of this. Tom's work is his PhD. Yours is what, a class asignment that is worth maybe 3% of your total grade in one class? [...] Grace sighs and wonders why her son can't just embellish his older brother's project...
Thank you! Hilarious.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Whoa, great job on this eppy commentary. It's so fun to read.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

episode 17 commentary. part three.

A few days later, and Bobby's fumbling his way through his oral family history assignment. The teacher says it was outstanding, then asks the class to comment. It's been my personal experience that nobody will ever speak up in these circumstances, so, if Waren hadn't started this whole 'let's ask questions' thing, Bobby might have been spared the inevitable embarassment that follows. But it was not meant to be. Some cocky little kid asks another question. Bobby freaks but is saved by the bell.

Over at the dorms, Jack's trying to be the man by telling Sparky that he saw him at the train station. Sparky's all 'relax' then tells Jack this ridiculous story about how they used to date but now they don't and. Jack's not buying it. But Nate the trusty RA tells Jack just how horrid Sparky is.

Over at Grace's place, Tom's getting an earful on how much chapter seven blows. Poor Tom. He suggests taking out the 'iron man stuff' (I think I got that right), but Grace tells him that would just make the paper boring. Personally, it sounds rather boring to me in general. What exactly is this paper on? I mean, we know it's Superman, but what about Superman? About comics as a reflection of cultural mood? of comics as a form of political expression? What? the writers really should have made this more clear because right now, this history student it just going 'wtf?' much like Grace seems to be doing too. Oh no. Wait. Tom compares Grace to Superman. That's way cute. Grace offers to tweak his paper. Uh oh. Bad bad move. Tom says he can't let her. Grace says she will polish the edges. Tom isn't sure. She puts her hand on his neck. It does the trick and he caves and they make out and yay. But Tom, really. Have a shower, kido.

Back at school, the annoying kid from class is sitting at Bobby's lunch table (and again, why? do kids who randomly have a vendetta against you tend to sit at your lunch table these days?) asking him about his dad. This could be interesting, but all I can think about is how much this kid looks like the actor who plays Andrew on Desperate Housewives. Young Andrew wants to read some of the articles that Bobby's dad wrote. Bobby fumbles over an answer. Young Andrew threatens with googling him. Bobby is so screwed, mostly because he pulls the 'my dad is cooler' line. What a doofus. Young Andrew suggests that Bobby's dad is a test tube. Or that his other mom is a mexian lesbian. Either way, it amuses me. Bobby pulls his 'angry' face and decides to get into a brawl. Yehaw.

Over at the president's residence, Jack is making house calls. Courtney and Jack are like totally channeling Missy's dialog. Courtney, whom I used to respect, actually bought Sparky's story (which has modified itself since). Jack tells Courtney that she was a bet, one which was obviously inspired by Cruel Intentions. Poor Courney. And poor Sparky, who won't even get to shag Buffy as a reward. Courtney sniffs and we... cut to comercials.

Last edited by cappuccinogirl; 03-06-2005 at 10:11 AM
Old 03-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Esther, you should do this for a living.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

<---I was actually doing this!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

This is so great.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

It's pretty funny.