Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Goodnight, Elisabeth! Have a great day. See you tomorrow.

I didn't catch the look at Tom, so I will have to rewatch. I'm sure it was of death-stare proportions.

Edit: Roger just got himself moved to the top of the list. I'm feeling like he should be the sole member of said list. Natalie is no longer an issue.

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 02-23-2005 at 08:58 PM
Old 02-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, he was talking, and Peter was looking at him with disdain at first, and then a flash of little green man. I kept thinking, man, he must have a HUGE crush on Grace. I hope he makes up with her, and admits he acted harshly. And hopefully apologizes to Merle, or at least admits what he did may have been a little personally motivated.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

That had to be personally motivated. It's going to be a while before Peter comes around for this considering how long it took for them to sorta make up for the Feltz thing...which resurfaced tonight.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

It'll take forever! Poor Grace! And he's her boss too......
Old 02-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

I say it'll take until the finale, hopefully, but it will definitely not be next week. I'm actually looking forward to the Peter/Bobby effects.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

As am I. Really good plots in the making....

And maybe, in the finale, we'll have a happy T/G makeup! I'd be willing to live for a few T/G-less weeks if they gave us that....
Old 02-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

A T/G makeup at the end would be fantastic. I'm just not looking forward to the bad stuff happening that will have to lead to a makeup. No doubt, we're in for another heavy one next week.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

It looks like it. Great. So, Peter's being a ****, Tom and Grace are going to get split up, and Bobby's probabley going to yell at poor Grace again. And ROGER is the new head of deapertment. God, it is not Grace's week.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

The episode description for next week is up at the site now. The T/G aspect sounds like alot of carryover from yesterday, and we might get a heated, if not tearful, argument about the bias expresed due to his family. I think Hennessy was full of it, but he may have been right about Peter's motives...If so, that sucks.

Another strike against us not crying next week is that Barbie Kligman (!) wrote the episode. How will I recover from that?

About the letter from Juan: That must have been after Bobby was born, why he is so upset about it. If it ends up being more recent, Grace has got some explaining to do. Bobby really shouldn't have broken into her stuff like that though.

One thing I noticed last night watching it again was the long shot of Tom (his whole body from far away) after Grace left Peter's office...the camera movement in that part of the scene made me think that Tom was realizing how different things would be with Grace now. To compare with other scenes that had Grace walking out of a room in front of him, those shots were all from the waist and up (medium) and were stagnant. The camera moved while he was stationary...something's definitely up there.
I'm quite proud to be able to use something related to my major in analyzing this.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Please excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out. Oh my goodness what an episode.

The scene that completely broke my heart was between grace & tom after they returned to his apartment. "It never dawned on you that it might actually cost you something too, did it? And here I am thinking that you were choosing to risk it all for me. How pathetically romantic." The delivery of that just. Oh. GOD!

Their relationship is so messy and bittersweet. This latest episode took it to a new high, it really did. They've both lost so much. Happiness, especially for Grace, has come at such a cost, and maybe the cost is so high that it isn't even happiness anymore... Peter loathes her, her coleagues see her as a two-faced hypochritte and her students have lost some respect for her too. But this is how it goes. So realistic. So very true. I'm impressed in every possible way.

screencaps to follow

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.

Last edited by cappuccinogirl; 02-24-2005 at 07:55 AM
Old 02-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't watch it last night, cause I watched American Idol which I thought was only going to be half an hour, and then I miss J&B! Can somebody tell me what happened?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-24-2005, 09:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Because I've got over 40 screencaps this week, I've uploaded them as a zip file to yousendit.com so if you want them, you can download the entire lot from there. click here if you wish to do so.

here are a few samples:

Enjoy

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Candace- Yeah, I noticed the long shot of Tom too. I liked it a lot. He was definitely a little puzzled..

Esther- Christine was amazing in that scene and the whole eppy. As was Bradley. That line from Grace was sad, but I found myself laughing with her..
Thanks for the caps!

*nathanhaley*- T/G wise, a lot happened, actually. The basics of it though, was, they had to go up the Ethics Committee. Tom was upset that they told him he should/needs to start over on his thesis which got him mad. Grace tells Tom how much she's given up for him, and at first all he seems to care about is his thesis. Later, he apologizes. Peter adjourned from the committee so they face no penalty, except how their collagues will now think of them. Grace leaves upset, while Tom is rather happy... Hope that helped!

OK, even though this eppy was kinda sad for them, I still managed to come up with some reasons
*Because it's not some meaning-less fling
*Because sometimes people just fall for each other.
*Because he's crazy about her.
*Because she's developed feelings of romantic affection (again)
*Because she has wagered everything
*Because he'd risk anything for her

Last edited by thegreenlight; 02-24-2005 at 02:39 PM
Old 02-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Eshter--wonderful, as always!

Last night still has me shaking. All the T/G cry-worthiness.... I pray next week will be at least a little kind to us.

Candace, that's an interesting idea, about the letter being newer. I wonder....

Elisabeth---I love those reasons!!
Old 02-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

Whoa, Cat, nice sig!