Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for putting that together Candace I like "The Academics" too, but I think I want to see more of T/G before I decide on which shipper name
Old 01-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Candace- that's such a great list! And that is wierd that Christine's husband's name is Tom..
Academics sounds pretty good..I can't think of anything else...
Old 01-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Chrissy, I agree that we need more information on these two before we can decide a name. It might take us a while but that might be OK.

I'm working on an interesting opening paragraph to welcome posters to the epic romance that is our Tom&Grace. If anyone has anything that they think should be mentioned, please let me know. The song list is up under the title "Our Songs", but if anyone can come up with something clever, please let me know. PM me or whatever.
The list was fun to make. If you have anything to add, you know what to do.

New page!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Candace, I love those reasons. I can't wait to read the introductory paragraph, I'm sure it will be great.

Quote:
These cannot be coincidences, people.
There's no such thing as a coincidence.
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

"Tom thinks Grace is sexy.
Bradley thinks Christine is sexy.

Christine's husband's name is Tom.
Grace's future husband's name is Tom. (at least here he is...)"

HAPPY!!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

* Because the chemistry has been there since day one.
* Because they epitomize sexy and sophisticated.
* Because they are both perfectionists.
* Because he told her that she was beautiful, and it unraveled her.
* Because he's off-balance when he's around her.
* Because on election night, they were engaged in illicit behavior in his car.
* Because he dumped Leslie for her.
* Because he's not even close to done with her yet.
* Because he's the only person who can shut her up.
* Because she can always go to him.
* Because it's hard to hold back, even when you know better.
* Because Grace McCallister-Graham has a nice ring to it.
* Because they're happy!
* Because she doesn't despise sexy, funny guys.
* Because, um, have you seen them together?!
* Because Grace finally softened up.
* Because Bradley has a crush on Christine, and thinks she's sexy as hell.

I love all of these. The Acadamics (spelling?) is good. I like it. But then, I like all the ones we come up with for them.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

I was hoping to see the promo tonight because I saw the ones for GG (Wowsa!)and Smallville. No luck though.
I'll be out for most of tomorrow, so I just wanted to check in now.. I felt like I was in here all day myself. Also, we are totally ahead of Jack's thread right now. We rock. Tra la la la la.
Love ya!

ETA: Elisabeth, I added your reason. Thanks!

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 01-11-2005 at 10:01 PM
Old 01-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

They had better show it again soon....
Old 01-12-2005, 06:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

I just couldn't stay away...and got an early start today. I'm hoping that they will tonight since next week's supposed to be the last BMOC episode on. The GG promo last night gave me hope for today.

Oh, I noticed another thing...As great as I always thought Tom looked, he only recently started "dressing up". I mean, he always dresses nice for class I suppose, but I kind of sensed a change after Election Night in his motivation to look a certain way. Bradley said that Tom was trying to change his identity to get out of his family's shadow, and I saw his dress-down in the earlier episodes as an indicator of that. Even in the promo, he looked alot more dressed up than Grace did. Of course, we know Grace has a penchant for dressing up for Tom already. "Isn't that your fifth outfit?"

As much as they might try to avoid it in the beginning, the families are going to factor into the relationship and their differences highlighted. It has been really cool to see how similar these two ended up being, even after their rocky first meeting. I am looking forward to another 'The First Lady'-type situation that will involve his parents doing something else at the university and reveal a small part of a somewhat society-driven Tom. I know he hates that whole thing and wants to get away from that association, but it would be a reality check to see him comfortable in that setting.

It'll be more funny than uncomfortable to see Grace dodge bullets about her and Tom with her sons. From the sound of this new promo, the hilarity will ensue on the 26th. I can see Grace giggling and smiling to herself already. I know Bobby's going to be bratty about it, because I know that it's going to be weird for him to see his mom with someone. It would be for me too. Plus, he's probably still angry that she kicked Jimmy out...Anyway, all I would say to him is, "Dude, your wife is going to be three years older than you, so can it, alright?"

OK, that's all for now...I had to get that out though. I hope you all have a great day. Talk to you later!

ETA: Cat, I just added you reason. Thanks again.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Candace- wow, good post!
About the dressing up, I guess I agree, although I don't pay too much attention to their clothing. But yeah, they are gonna try to impress each other a lot now, especially by apperance..
About Tom's family thing, I do hope it plays a small role, just to see him vunerable about that. It was funny in the First Lady when his dad asked Grace on a date, he was mortified..
And finally, I think Jack & Bobby when/if they find out about her and Tom it will be funny.. They are gonna know something is up because Grace will be all happy and stuff..
I hope they show the new promo again so you can see it..
About 14ish more days..!
Old 01-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm back, and the T/G shipper name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
Rach -Tell Judy I can't wait until she's back on the board. Even if she is a Dreamer
Hehehehe. Hi Michael, Miss Congeniality, Chrissy and all!

I missed everyone and this board. Special special thanks to Rach for getting a message to you guys for me. You're wonderful! .

YAY, I'm finally able to post again. I went on holiday vacation and then had difficulty accessing the site/resetting my password this week. Then I realized that my e-mail service was blocking all my messages from Fan Forum and putting them in my Spam folder.

But I think things are back to normal. *crosses fingers.* It'll take a little while to get caught up on the conversation. Welcome to the newer posters I haven't met yet, either.

I will say, though, in Re: to a shipper name, I loved all the suggestions but am partial to the Academics b/c I think it identifies and defines them more closely than the others. It is what brought them together originally, reflects their collective intelligence and sophistication, their passion for intellectual pursuits and the banter that ensues from it. And that's what appeals to me about them. They simply get off on that kind of stuff. LOL.

Anyway....glad to be back.

Judy

icon credit: skje
Old 01-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Hi Judy, welcome back!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em17sK
Hi Judy, welcome back!
Thanks, Em17sK! Btw, welcome to the board. .

Judy

Old 01-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Loyal Fan

You know, Michael, I should add:

It's a good thing that the J&B board brought everyone together, b/c otherwise I don't think we would have become friends. I mean, I just never associated with *gasp* Rebels.

Judy

Old 01-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Welcome back Judy

This is blasphemy! I still haven't seen the new promo I really want to see it, but I'm hoping soon, soon!!