Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #11: Breakup? What breakup? That didn't happen.

Banner by the incredibly talented Esther!

Banner thanks to the fabulous ViviLit!

Welcome to the appreciation thread for the coupling of Grace McCallister and Tom Wexler Graham. Tom entered the scene as Grace's new teaching assistant, and what started out as an appreciation for their fast friendship has grown into an obsession, er, admiration for their blossoming romance. These two share a chemistry that cannot be denied, and they are just getting started.

Previous Thread Titles:
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #11: Breakup? What breakup? That didn't happen.
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #10:The other nine came out pretty well!
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #9: He wishes she wouldn't go.
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #8: They're not going down without a fight.
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #7: She'd rather have him on the table than dinner.
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #6: The course of true love never did run smooth.
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #5: Because she's going to keep on seeing him.
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #4: They epitomize sexy and sophisticated.
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #3: They keep each other off balance.
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #2: He's not even close to done with her yet.
Tom/Grace Appreciation Thread #1: Because perfectionists rock!

Our Supporters
bellabrittany22
bluequizzer
cappuccinogirl
christine lahti fan
crazyforcmm
deathofacat
Em17sK
Forever Eden
Groovy_Chick
jsrocks
JudyC
lindab123
MissCongeniality
Mr. Brightside
*nathanhaley*
*Rach*
*~*Rach*~*
sayra90
SpikeytheNeonBlowFish
Subject
ViviLit

Honorary Supporter:
Merle Horstadt

Tom and Grace are about to shake things up in a big way, and have already made some enemies. Enemies that have become ours as well. These people threaten the awesomeness that is T/G and will suffer as a result. Now we're not violent people, but we will throw the following people off a bridge, if they mess with us again:
The Hit List
Roger Hennessy
Peter Benedict
Natalie Schultz

Our Reasons
* Because the chemistry has been there since day one.
* Because they epitomize sexy and sophisticated.
* Because they are both perfectionists.
* Because he told her that she was beautiful, and it unraveled her.
* Because he's off-balance when he's around her.
* Because on election night, they were engaged in illicit behavior in his car.
* Because he dumped Leslie for her.
* Because he's not even close to done with her yet.
* Because he's the only person who can shut her up.
* Because she can always go to him.
* Because it's hard to hold back, even when you know better.
* Because Grace McCallister-Graham has a nice ring to it.
* Because they're happy!
* Because she doesn't despise sexy, funny guys.
* Because, um, have you seen them together?!
* Because Grace finally softened up.
* Because Bradley has a crush on Christine, and thinks she's sexy as hell.
* Because she's in his head every second and he can't get her out.
* Because they're passionately in love with each other.
* Because she exceeds his imagination in every way.
* Because he sees her as more than a teacher.
* Because she has complete confidence in him.
* Because she makes up for her lack of irresponsibilty in other areas.
* Because he encouraged her not to be intimidated by Natalie.
* Because doing what is right, instead of what is practical is one thing that he loves about her.
* Because it's official: she's his girlfriend.
* Because she likes him.
* Because she's going to keep on seeing him.
* Because he wants to have dinner with her at a real restaurant and walk down the street hand-in-hand.
* Because forgiveness comes naturally to them.
* Because it's not some meaningless fling.
* Because sometimes people just fall for each other.
* Because he's crazy about her.
* Because she has developed feelings of romantic affection again.
* Because she has wagered everything.
* Because he'd risk anything for her.
* Because he didn't want her to go.

Our Songs
The Weakness In Me- Joan Armatrading
You Set Me Free- Michelle Branch
Slave to the Beauty- Mary Chapin Carpenter
Colorblind- Counting Crows
As Lovers Go- Dashboard Confessional
Follow Through- Gavin DeGraw
More Than Anyone- Gavin DeGraw
Take Me Away- Fefe Dobson
This Year's Love- David Gray
Feels Like Home- Chantal Kreviazuk
Breathing- Lifehouse
Bent- Matchbox Twenty
Love Soon- John Mayer
Come In From The Cold- Joni Mitchell
Nothing Can Be Done- Joni Mitchell
Hands Clean- Alanis Morissette
Wonderwall- Oasis
Run- Snow Patrol
Learning to Breathe- Switchfoot
Miracle Drug- U2

Our Fanart
The wedding picture by Annelies

Tom/Grace Quotes:
Time Out of Life:
Grace: I have been completely banned from the second story of my own house.
Tom: Well, with a dozen 13 year old boys there, it's almost hard to believe he doesn't want his mom around.
--------------
Tom: Don't worry about Bobby. He hasn't completely descended into adolescence. I mean, he's not the McCallister who's steaming up car windows making out with a member of the opposite sex.

Querida Grace:
Grace: I was thinking since this is our first public date that I could pour ketchup down my sweater, and then sit in your lap while you dip French fries in my bra.
Tom: That sounds great.
-----------------
Tom: I wish you wouldn't go.

Tom/Grace Eye Candy:
Querida Grace:

Thanks Esther for the gorgeous caps!

Decisions, decisions...
Future thread titles
-He sees her as more than a teacher
-Perfectionists are better in pairs
-Because he needs to 'discuss his thesis with her'
-They could still walk off into the sunset together.
-Ketchup in bras: The saga of T/G
-Remember darling, like I do...
-We don't need a shipper name, they're just T/G to us.

Post away!

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 03-18-2005 at 10:38 AM
Old 03-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

New thread!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

New thread!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Great job with the posting everyone. This is so much fun!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

I love it when we have a new thread. It's great. So, is Es continuing ep descriptions on this thread, or the other one?
Old 03-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

She probably had already started typing it up when the new thread was in motion...uh oh.

We'll we can quote it and repost here if necessary...
Old 03-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Because you can never read hers enough!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Definitely. Plus once the other thread gets closed it's going to be impossible to quote her.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

I know. Presents a dilemna.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

It'll be fine. No worries. I'm glad that we're getting through this hiatus. It really isn't fun.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Not fun at all. But we're on week two. Only, I think, five more to go. So, we need funny screencaps, T/G obsessing, etc.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Agreed. I wish I had Photoshop. I spent one whole day trying to make a decent E/M manip, and now that we have loveydovey T/G caps to use, I would be going crazy with "wedding pictures". That was the dream, and it's going to cost $100 to have it realized. Stupid expensive technology.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Ah, damn the idiot money! And just when we have pretty pics to use......
Old 03-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Episode 14 [Into the Woods] commentary :: part five

We return to find Grace in her office sorting through some books when Tom shows up. Tom wonders how Jack is doing. She tells him that he is disgusted and possibly scarred for life. "He thinks that I'm pathetic and immature and unfit to be a parent and he's right." Oh Grace. You're so hard on yourself. She says Tom was capering around in his underpants. Tom says they were briefs. All the straight girls say he was hot. Anyway...

Tom finds the whole thing a little humorous in hindsight. Jack will probably get over it in time too, he thinks. He might even tell his friends about it when they're drunk in a bar one night. Grace corrects Tom. He really doesn't know her son. Tom stills carries on in his oh so charming carefree ways. Jack can always write a book about it when he's older and expose his mother's horrible wish to be happy. Grace looks so incredibly vulnerable at this moment, and when Tom puts his arms around her it is as though the ages are reversed. She pushes him away. She can't think rationally when she's around him, and she doesn't like it. Tom assures her that she may think like a woman as well as a mother. Oh this scene just breaks my heart. And oddly enough, it's not the bit that follows, but this very part of the conversation. This is the damage that Jack and Bobby have done to her. It's so very sad.

Eventually, Grace finds her pretty smile again and they kiss once more. They pause for a moment and Grace tells him of their failed surprise yesterday. They could have done without a condom. She had a diaphram. And I love reading this scene as I do, which is that Grace actually doesn't need birth control at all and that... oh you fill in your own blanks. Tom adds his own little bombshell into the mix. It's not actually been six months since he last had sex with another woman. Young Tom has been getting it off with a few other women since his whole 'you're beautiful' thing in the car, the randy little sod. Naturally, Grace is hurt. She pushes Tom away from her. She's not surprised either. Grace shows him the door. Tom Tom Tom. You royally f***ed up this time, didn't you?

To add insult to injury, we're forced to go from a really stunning Grace scene to a stupid-ass Futurehead who's harping on about Bobby and the legislation and. Oh please let me be exempt from recapping these boring heads. Bobby gets shot at. With an electric gun. Bobby not dead. Crazy woman proves her point. it's almost noble. Wave pompoms.

After what seems like an eternity, we're back with Courtney, who's having to pay a visit to the university's own health service thing. After her little romp with Sparky sans condom, she needs the morning after pill. Sucky nine times over. One: she must be really worried. Two: She's having to go to somewhere on campus where her father works. Three: The morning after pill makes you feel like hell.

From one doe-eyed Courtney to Peter and Bobby carrying a dead deer back to the truck. Bobby's miserable and on the verge of tears. Peter tells him that it's alright, he's not disapointed with him. "You go into the woods to find out who you are." My subtext feature tells me that Peter is thinking about what Grace told him in his office. She knows her son. Peter does not. Peter pats Bobby on the shoulder and they drive off.

[insert futurehead here].

That evening, Grace is sitting on the sofa in her pjs and a robe. She's writing something on a pad of paper to keep her mind occupied. Jack hobbles in, announcing his entry loudly. Grace tells him he needn't do so every time he comes home, but Jack just stares her out before walking out of the room. Grace takes off her reading glasses and asks him to wait. She says that she forgot to say she was sorry. Jack really doesn't feel like talking to her at all, but she continues, and even goes to far as to say that she's been acting in a completely ridiculous way. Jack assures her that she's done worse things in her time, but she's not so convinced. He sighs and says "Why can't you act like a normal person? One minute you're totally into this guy, like dining room table into him and the next minute you're hating yourself for liking him. Which is it?" In yet another brilliant near-tears delivery, Grace says that she honestly doesn't know. Jack tells her that "This whole thing is totally screwed up, but you're allowed to be happy too, I guess." She gives him a sour 'thank you' in return, but offers the idea that Jack may be happy also, should he so desire. I hate Jack. Hate him. So much. This scene puts the hate at a whole new level though.

Bobby arrives home before I feel the urge to lash out irrationally. He's incredibly subdued. Jack wants him to spill, but Bobby just wants to go to bed. Jack follows him upstairs. Grace thanks him, and I wonder what for. Maybe for everything. Maybe nothing. Maybe.

Bobby doesn't want to speak with his brother either, so he goes to bed.

Futurehead tells us how the woman who shot Bobby had lost a son in a police crossfire. Bobby granted the woman clemency, but he still had to handle the fallout which resulted from his vetoing the bill.

In the only interesting/wise thing to come from Futurehead today: "Sometimes, everybdy loses."

~* fin.

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya. *sigh* I feel like I'm ready to hit the sack, at only 7 p.m. Quite sad.

Thanks for that wrap up Esther. Great job. Isn't it really late where you are?

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 03-16-2005 at 04:57 PM