Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-04-2005, 07:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

Stand By Me: Episode Discussion (5/04/05)

From thewb.com:
Quote:
To protect Marcus (Edwin Hodge), Jack (Matt Long) tells the police that he was driving the car the night Missy (Keri Lynn Pratt) died. The guilt becomes too much for Marcus and he confesses to his dad, who immediately calls Grace (Christine Lahti). A surprising ally comes to Jack's aid after Grace demands that he tell the police what really happened. Meanwhile, the group's sadness turns to outrage after Reverend Belknap (guest star Ed Begley, Jr.) delivers a shocking eulogy at his daughter's funeral. Also, Bobby (Logan Lerman) feels betrayed by the fact that Warren (guest star Dean Collins) is moving to Chicago.

David Paymer directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle.
Trailer

---------------------------
I wonder if director David Paymer is the actor in Carpool with Tom Arnold? I can't believe Warren's moving!

Last edited by MissCongeniality; 05-04-2005 at 07:07 AM
Old 05-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Total Fan

New episode!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow ... it sounds like a great episode.

I cannot believe next week they are airing the season/series finale.

icon
Old 05-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Total Fan

A day after my B-Day! I will be sad though that it is the season finale.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

I can't believe it! And it seems like it only just started........
Old 05-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Total Fan

I know! We should get a second season though, I'm confident!!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

I am so excited for this episode, I've been waiting all week.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Total Fan

It's going to be a really good one!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Shelly, we'll tell you every detail!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Total Fan

I know

OK What Happened! What Happened!!!

Last edited by jsrocks; 05-04-2005 at 07:58 PM
Old 05-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh this ep was sad not as sad as last week ofcourse but still it was sad. I actually felt sorry for Missy's Dad his eulogy to Missy was beyond horrible but still you could tell he was grieving and trying so hard to hide behind his faith. i wasn't surprised when his wife left him after what he said and alot of marriages don't survive losing a child.
I actually think in regards to marcus they did the right thing. It was an accident a horrible accident and it could have ended alot worse.
Warren leaving poor Bobby I'm glad they did meet again eventually (and I loved the actor playing him BTVS's Mayor Wilkens) so Warren did end up an accountant after all Grace was right about it being his destiny
I loved how the future commentary and the current story were so connected with the tape and everything and all of future Warrens lines "How scared I was of that goth chick he use to date." and "Girls should have been nicer to us."
Pam: What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
Jim: I just needed you to know. Once.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

OHIMIGOD!

Grace - Awesome! She may have been the only one who disagreed with Jack covering for Marcus, but she was such a loving Mommy. And when she was trying to mediate between Warren and Bobby....
Peter - Finally! Some Peter! He was so quiet throughout the whole thing, and so shaken up. The scene in Grace's office was pretty wow. He looked so......lost. Poor guy. And when Courtney finally collapsed on him, crying, he looked so concerned......see? He IS a good daddy! And siding with Jack.......interesting.
Jack/Court/Marcus - So sad. They were all broken and shaken. Really good acting. Jessica surprised me.
Bobby/Warren - OMIGOD! Future Warren! Harry Groener! From Buffy! *fangirls* The storyline was sad (I DON'T WANT WARREN TO GO) but it made for a so-so future plot.
Jack/Grace - The scene with everyone debating where they yelled about secrets.... He was SO talking about his dad! Wonder if anyone else caught on......
Rev. Belknap - THE DICK! How could he do that?!?!?! I'm happy his wife left him! And, oh, great idea for future plots....

Next week - GRACE'S CURLS ARE BACK! And Juan Roberto..... And.....J/C.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Banned

It's a little hard to believe that they all got their story together before the police showed up. After everything...they had the mind to think like that. Jack must have been the one to bring it up. Like Marcus said, he's the kind of guy who steps up. I'm glad that they all choose to follow with the story. Marcus would have had his life ruined with this. Not just because of the drunk driving, I hate to say this but race would have played into it. Marcus, a young black male driving drunk, caused the death of Missy, a sweet..young Reverand's daughter white girl. The media would have ate that up not to mention a jury IMO.

It was sad for Bobby to lose his only real friend. Even if Warren didn't stick by him all that much. They were a team, now that he is gone and we knwo that they don't really keep in touch.. I wonder who will fill the void.

That's about all I'm able to get out right now....

Next week is the season finale. From the preview, Jack and Courtney will be back at least for a moment. Meeting their father... wow, big thing. I remember the first time I met my father...
Old 05-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Total Fan

What exactly did Missy's dad say????
Old 05-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Loyal Fan

He basically said Missy's death was Gods will because she strayed from her faith.
Pam: What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
Jim: I just needed you to know. Once.