Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-06-2004, 06:17 AM
Banned

Only a little while longer and we all can talk about the pilot all the time. Of course you could also talk about it now on the Spoiler thread
Old 09-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Ok, so I broke down and watched the pilot on AOL Broadband, I've seen previews for this show on TV and I really didn't think I was gonna watch it...but now I'm kinda hooked. I agree with people who say that they reveiled too much...and I don't like the outcomes of 'certain things,' and then I cried at the end. I'm a loser. Anywho...I really like the relationship between jack and bobby, that's why I'm gonna keep watching the show.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:50 AM
New Fan

From what I'm aware, there aren't many family-oriented shows on Sunday. Desperate Housewives doesn't seem like something typical twelve year olds would watch with their own desperate housewives of the house and ...um, that's actually all I'm certain is on Sundays aside from Simpsons and Arrested Development. It does seem like it's on Sunday as an alternative to TV-friendly families though.

As for the pilot, much more intriguing than I expected. It's not "best pilot" material for me, but it certainly beats watching a midget choose out a life partner. Fresh spins are taken on familiar characters and themes. I'm sure the target audience will laud over Jack more, but the mother whose name I can't recall was of most interest to me. Bobby seems to perpetuate the role of the younger brother clinging to his naivete. Self-righteous Jack goes beyond broody teen by, ironically enough, supressing the angst and mixing it with some wit. A solid character, but not appealing enough to me as a central role. The girl's amusing. And pretty. I like her. Enough said.

It won't be hard to imagine what storylines will be played out. Someone will interfere with their (Jack and... Claudia?) budding relationship. Bobby, maybe, though that thought disturbs me quite a bit. A conflict of interests will most likely rise between the mom and that guy. Yeah, that guy. Not Juan Roberto, por supuesto. The white dude.

Hee! That whole Juan Roberto thing was so farfetched. I don't see how their two kids could've turned out so white if there was some Guadalajaran blood in them.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

All these reviews are making me really anxious for the pilot. Oh how I wish I still had AOL so I could watch the pilot.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

I think this is the only new show that I am anticipating and sweating it out for the premiere. I really think and hope this will be a hit.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliya
All these reviews are making me really anxious for the pilot. Oh how I wish I still had AOL so I could watch the pilot.
Me too.

Only 11 hours and 52 minutes till the pilot over here on the east coast. But who's counting?
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Tonight's the premiere!

Finally, I'm so excited for this show.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

Only one more hour
Old 09-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm excited for it .
Old 09-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Rach*
Only 11 hours and 52 minutes till the pilot over here on the east coast. But who's counting?
Lol. You're funny. I've got nearly 3 hours left. I told my grandma to watch it, too! lol.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just want to say in tonight series primiere pilot the actor who plays the OLDER Marcus (from the future flashbacks), is DIFFERENT than the one in the old pilot (shown on AOL and ew magazine dvd's).

-Dennis
Old 09-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Total Fan

I'm watching it now I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

I am, too. And I feel so sorry for Bobby.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DeNnls
Just want to say in tonight series primiere pilot the actor who plays the OLDER Marcus (from the future flashbacks), is DIFFERENT than the one in the old pilot (shown on AOL and ew magazine dvd's).

-Dennis
seriously? how weird. that kinda stinks I thought the guy on the EW dvd did a great job. I'm sure I'll like the actor they used on the televised episode just as much, though
Old 09-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Master Fan

That was so awesome. I was pretty upset that they pretty much told the whole story that I was waiting to see in just the first episode. But I can't wait for next week I'm so excited!