Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-28-2004, 02:34 AM
Extreme Fan

wait, what? does EW have a dvd included w/it or something? what do you mean you saw the pilot from EW?
Old 08-28-2004, 03:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, if you buy the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly (with Donald Trump on the cover), they give you a free DVD that has the pilot episode in it.

I just saw it today and I have to say, I love it. Shlee, I didn't think they'd tell who became president in the pilot either. I actually already knew who he would be when I saw the promos for it though, I'm not sure why, it just seemed like that's how the writers would play it out. I really like it so far and the show's very witty and smart. It gives me that nice warm feeling I get when I watch shows like Everwood and Gilmore Girls, etc. I think it has a lot of potential and with such an original and unique concept, it could really become amazing.

I love the relationship between Jack and his mother the most. There's so much boiling beneath the surface and I'm just so interested in seeing how it was possible for Jack to have escaped from his mother's controlling nature all by himself while Bobby, who has Jack to constantly steer him away, still succumbs to his mom's pressures.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:02 AM
Extreme Fan

awesome! i'm glad you liked it, and thanks for posting about it, you guys! now i'm totally going to go out and buy it! i hope it's still going to be on stands tomorrow, you said it's the new one, right?

is it just jack and bobby? or is there other shows on there, too?
Old 08-28-2004, 03:08 AM
Banned

just jack and bobby but it has a preview of the mountian
Old 08-28-2004, 03:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yup, newest one, issue #781. Don't worry, it'll still be on newsstands tomorow, it just came out today. And no, there aren't any other shows on it, just Jack & Bobby. You should totally buy it, it's worth the 3 bucks.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks, you guys. I appreciate the info. This makes me so happy, I'm really looking forward to The Mountain, also. I can't wait to see the pilot and see a preview for the mountain I love promotional stuff
Old 08-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Extreme Fan

awww. they didn't have the dvd in the EWs at the store. are you guys subscribers? i think that may be why you got it. oh well *sigh*

thanks for posting it over here anyways
Old 08-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I'm a subscriber. I didn't realize only subscribers got the DVD. Well, the premiere isn't that far off.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I really wanted to cap it, though. Oh well. I guess that's just life
Old 08-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Ever since I've seen the promo's for Jack and Bobby I've been really excited for the show to premiere. The future president angle really interests me, and it's good to hear that people who have already seen the first episode liked it.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

The acting (from the promos) looks really good from the cast. I have a feeling this series will give the WB some more respect as a network.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Extreme Fan

While this show isn't about the Kennedy's, the names aren't an accident. They've chosen those two names (and really, John and Robert aren't that common for this time) on purpose.

From what I've read, it dosen't even seem like its based on the real Jack and Bobby's relationship, if anything its on Joe Jr. and Jack. (Joe Jr. was JFKs older brother, who died in World War II) There's a 10 year age difference between JFK and Robert Kennedy, where there was only two years between Joe Jr. and JFK.

This show looks really intresting though. I hope it does well, so we can get it in Australia.

After reading the previews I could have told you who would be President. It would have been too obvious to have Jack be the future president.

Anyone guess why the presidency only goes to 2046? Assinatation?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Okay, I subscribe to EW, too, but no DVD. So I don't know what's going on, but I'm more than a little upset. Especially since I really really want to see the pilot now that I've seen the promo about 50 times and it's getting very good reviews.

Here's what Mike McDaniel (TV critic for the Houston Chronicle) had to say about it:
Quote:
Jack and Bobby. Boasting one of the best pilots I have ever seen, this series chronicles the young lives of a mother (Christine Lahti) and her two boys, one of whom will become president of the United States. Told in flashback from the mid-21st century, the series comes from Greg Berlanti (Everwood) and Thomas Schlamme (The West Wing) (Sept. 12, WB/Channel 39)
Personally, I wish he'd stated more of his opinion rather than rewrite the premise, but oh well. He said it was one of the best pilots he'd ever seen, which I take is great coming from a TV critic who has probably had to watch quite a number of pilots.

And I completely agree that it'll get people to take the WB more seriously. At least, I hope so.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 09-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I just got done watching the pilot! Thanks to AOL. Wow, I'm very impressed. I was looking forward to watching this show, but I really wasn't expecting too much. But, I gotta say, I love it.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:48 AM
Loyal Fan

For those of you who have AOL only here is the link to the Pilot episode:

http://aolsvc.aol.com/entertainment/.../a/archive.adp

I'm off to watch it now My Mother said it was amazing though. I think she's going to be posting here now LMAO!

My kids, My life, My world!!
17, 9,7,4 and one in the oven baking <3