Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't finished yet Finals are starting next week and I'm studying much. I'm not as much on as I used to be/I am used to

Glad you're enjoying your new computer Meryl. Hopefully email will work by tomorrow
Old 06-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Andie, I'm so glad you're back on the Hotpants love board! We were worried that maybe people are leaving because J&B went off the air.

Good luck with your finals! I used to drive myself crazy with those tests. I was so stressed out one year in high school that I came down with chicken pox the week of finals! I remember my Spanish teacher was so nice that she didn't make me come back for the final because I was doing well the rest of the year, so she just graded me based on past performance. The rest of my teachers gave me make-up exams after I was able to come back to school.

This new computer I got has a cool feature called BrightView, so the screen is really bright -- great for those late-night Hotpants Fan Club postings!

Meryl
Old 06-19-2005, 05:35 AM
Total Fan

Andie is here and Meryl has her computer now!!!!! Geez it was pretty lonely here for a while!

My summer is going pretty good but I'm still looking for an internship to do. Oh well...

I can't wait to watch the Ed episodes next week!!!!!!! The beginning of season 2 was my favorite part and I loved Carol and Dennis when they were together. I thought they were super cute!

Hey everyone! I thought I'd share a quote that someone made on the filmbug.com site about John a while ago. It is exactly how I feel!!

John Slattery Forum
Untitled (Fri Aug 8, 2003 9:32am ET) report post
by Iris
John Slattery is hot & sexy & hot & sexy.
You know I really go for very mature men..
I'm stunned by his powerful appearance and his cute smile
Too bad I'll never meet him.

Yeah too bad...

This was the one and only post on that site for him but it is sooo true!!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I feel the same way about John. It's unusual for me, though, because in real life all the guys I've dated or been attracted to have been young and boyish-looking, with dark hair and eyes. John is the first mature-looking man I've been attracted to (although I guess George Clooney has gray hair too, but he acts very boyish off-screen, so that makes him seem younger).

But with John, it's different. I was first attracted to his talent (actually amazed by it), and then I started liking the whole package!

Oh, I just noticed that my computer won't let me view all the smilie icons because it has a pop-up blocker installed, so I can only use the ones I remember.

Meryl
Old 06-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Total Fan

Can't you uninstall the pop-up blocker? I always did that b/c when it was on it never really let me view everything that was supposed to be viewed on web pages.

And I fell for John for EVERYTHING!!!

Do you have a VCR, b/c then you could just program your vcr to tape Ed while you are at work.

Aww Andie, good luck on your finals!

YAY! It's about 5:45pm here and I was just in the front room watching the golf tournament w/ my dad and grandma and guess what commercial came on the tv!!! I sat there and smiled to myself. It really made my day happier just hearing his voice!!!!!!

He should do more voiceover work.

OK we need another picture to look at! Here is a card from Stuckeyville.com. They have a thing over there where you can "Stuckeymail" someone else on the site. It's pretty cool and they have all these different cards we can use. This was the only one w/ Dennis in it.

He looks good in that shot! But as always!!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sweet! Thanks for posting that photo, Shelly. I never saw that one before.

I still haven't seen the commercial in which John is doing the voiceover.

What is the commercial about again (which company)? Can you remember any of the phrases he says? Maybe I have heard it, but I'm not recognizing his voice -- although I really think I would if I heard it.

Thanks,
Meryl
Old 06-20-2005, 07:47 AM
Total Fan

It's a commercial for General Electric (GE Transportation). John narrates the commercial and you see all these old time trains and how they have evolved into more modern trains for the company, so he says a lot. I know the very last thing he says is, "GE. Imagination at Work." That's like their motto. You can find the commercial on any NBC related channel since General Electric owns NBC. There are a couple other GE commercials out right now, but remember John's is the one w/ the trains. And w/o even looking at the tv, I'm able to recognize his voice anywhere!! I say that b/c yesterday when the commercial came on, I wasn't even looking at the tv and then all of a sudden I hear a manly/soothing voice. Then I looked up right away!

Don't forget John's first Ed episode is on tomorrow on TBS!!

And this Thursday is the last of the 3 episodes that John did for Judging Amy. Have you seen those episodes? Well I'm reminding us all for the 3rd one b/c it is a good one (and he's shirtless in the ep!!!! ).

Judging Amy
Not With a Whimper
Amy and Michael (Amy Brenneman, John Slattery) fall into each other's arms once more before their divorce; Peter and Gillian (Marcus Giamatti, Jessica Tuck) are shocked to find their adoptive child is interracial. 60 minutes- (CC), In Stereo

Thu Jun 23 01:00P on TNT

Here are some photos of John from the Homefront Yahoo group.
Ad

Poor John, every single tv show that he has been a regular on has not survived.

Promo Shot Oh Lordy he looks so good...

Screencaps

His expression is SO adorable there! (and remember he was only in his late 20's when he was on this show, and he had to play a 40 year old )

I thought I'd do something fun! A Mirror Effect if you will.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Shelly, you made my day with those pictures! I was having a crappy day at work, so I took a break and visited our thread, and then I saw those photos from Homefront and had to smile (and swoon!).

I love that portrait of him with the actress. He looks so incredibly handsome in that one!

That was cool what you did with the mirror effect. He hasn't changed much since then. He looks like such a kind, gentle person, and something in his eyes makes me think he's been through some deep sadness. He doesn't pose like he's full of himself like some other actors. I think he must be very down to earth as a person.

Thanks for the info on the GE commercial. I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open for that one!

OK, so I stopped off at BB on my way home tonight to trade in some DVDs, and I ended up coming home with my boys -- Georgie ("Intolerable Cruelty") and John ("Dirty Dancing 2"). Now that's what I call having a "Blockbuster Night"!

Meryl
Old 06-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Meryl, a huge for you because you had a crappy day at work. Enjoy the movies

He looks good on the pics as always Shel I like the promo shot best, because you can look into his beautiful eyes
Old 06-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Total Fan

HOLY CRAP!! I'm just now getting to get on the internet now b/c our internet here stopped working last night. But it's back on!!

If anyone sees this like in the next 15 minutes , Bad Company is going to be on at 4pm on the FX channel! I'm about ready to go watch it! (even though I have the DVD)

I've seen Intolerable Cruelty. It is a funny/cute movie and George is very handsome in that one.

John's eyes kill me! (in a good way!) And I love it how he used to have black hair. For some reason I have a thing for the dark/handsome Irish guys! (of course I could make an exception for Conan O'Brien )

I watched "The Stars Align" Ed episode today and I was totally swooning!!!! Man this week is definitely "Slattery Week" (of course every week for me is "Slattery Week" ) His episodes of Ed are now showing, his third Judging Amy episode is on Thursday, his GE commercial is airing more, and at 4pm Bad Company is on!!!!

Old 06-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, if you like his eyes, wait 'till you see the photo I'm mailing out to you tomorrow! Yes, that photo!

I went home for lunch so I could see the "Ed" episode. It takes me almost a half-hour to get home, but I figured it was worth it. (I have a VCR, but I don't know how to program it.) I've seen one of the "Judging Amy" episodes with John, the one where he comes for Thanksgiving dinner and it's really awkward.

Meryl
Old 06-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Total Fan

OMG then you are definitely going to want to watch the Judging Amy episode on Thursday!! Don't miss it!

I taped Ed today and I'm going to tape the other episodes that are airing. I'm so happy to be able to see them again.

Hey since you said you were going to watch DD2, make sure to watch the movie w/ the commentary if you have time b/c they say some neat things about John!

I was so happy to watch Bad Company on tv today, even though I have the DVD. He is drop dead gorgeous in that movie!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Shelly, what color are John's eyes? (I can't tell in the photo I'm sending you, because it's b/w). Sometimes they look dark, but other times they look like they could be blue. Either way, they're gorgeous, of course!

Thanks for the tip about the commentary on "DD2." Most times I don't end up watching them because I'm tired of sitting through the whole movie, but when I know there's something good on it (like anything about John!), I will definitely watch it!

I still can't believe there's no commentary with George in the "Perfect Storm" DVD. One of my friends gave the DVD to me as a gift because she knows it's my favorite movie with him, but I was soooo disappointed there's no commentary. I guess the DVD producers didn't want to pay him the megabucks for his input. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

OMG, can you imagine what the commentaries will be like on the "Jack & Bobby" DVD?

Meryl
Old 06-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Total Fan

I hope we get a J&B DVD soon!!!!

John's eyes are hazel w/ a little more green in them. Sometimes they can look dark and sometimes they look so bright. Gorgeous!
Here's a good close up of his eyes:

He's got beautiful eyes...
Old 06-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Shelly, you are like John Slattery 411, with every little tidbit of information right at your fingertips! Yeah, I'd say that's a closeup alright! Thanks a lot for clearing that up!

His eyes look totally gorgeous in that shot. They are an amazing blend of colors. One thing I've noticed about John's eyes is that they are unusually heavy-lidded, too. I think that's part of what makes him look sad to me sometimes. If he were a woman, he could model eyeshadow with those eyelids -- but I'm glad he's a man -- all man!!

We didn't chat about today's "Ed" episode. He was super sarcastic in his scene with Carol, wasn't he? I usually don't like sarcasm, but he plays it so funny you can't help but laugh! When he said, "I believe you work here, don't you?" to her as she was ranting, and he let her keep ranting and said, "Yes, I'm quite sure you work here." Then he said, "I really don't think that's a good career move for you," and she kept yelling at him. Then he completely ignored her again and said, "Yes, yes...I'm quite sure that's a bad career move." HA!!!

Meryl