Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Total Fan

John I guess goes up to the Nantucket Film Festival a lot. He's done readings there before. I think it's awesome that he wants to keep busy not just by making money but just being an actor and loving it!

I saw that episode that John was in for the miniseries. He had dark hair in that one. LOL It's always weird to see him w/ dark hair when he has to dye it for a role.

He was very cute in Bad Company! I loved the scene at the beginning of the movie where they were sitting in that room and watching Chris Rock on the screen trying to speak the foreign language.

Here are most of the avi's that I made. I wish there wasn't a limit to how many pics you can post at a time. Oh well. Sorry, a lot of these pics are dark b/c that's the way they were on the site that I got them from.

So they only let me post 20 pics at a time but don't worry, I have more!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Help! Help! I can't decide which one to choose -- and this might be my 100th post!!!

Thanks a lot for posting so many photos, Shelly. I'll try to narrow it down by tomorrow.

You know, it breaks my heart to look at photos from J&B, especially the "Into the Woods" episode. He was so good in that. And "Chess Lessons." And "Time Out of Life" (I miss dancing Peter!)

I miss J&B soooo much!

Meryl
Old 06-15-2005, 06:18 AM
Total Fan

More avi's:

Here is a really cute picture that was on Ebay (it's been on there more than once) of John and Sela Ward from the tv movie that they made. "Catch a Falling Star"
It was a cute movie. Have you seen it?

I wish that was me he was holding!!

HA! Mr. Boston Red Sux! I'll forgive him for that!!

And yes he looks incredibly sexy in my avi!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Shelly!

Jeez, I wonder where the rest of the Hotpants Fan Club members went?
First Cat, now Andie. I hope they're OK. I miss them.

Maybe when he appears in something new, our original members and new ones will stop by!

Thanks for being so great about posting photos. Yeah, I've seen that one from "Catch a Falling Star" on eBay before. He looks so handsome in it. A real manly man! I saw the movie on Lifetime channel a couple of times. He was sweet in it, but I thought the plot was kind of corny. But, of course, as the header for this thread says, we'd pay money to see him in anything!

OK, I guess I should step up to the plate and pick an avi, huh? I will do that now. Wish me luck!

Meryl

Update: I can't seem to find the directions on how to set up an avatar. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Total Fan

Well as long as you don't leave, I will be able to live, b/c I REALLY REALLY need another John fan to talk to b/c a lot of them seem to not be around much.

Ok here is what you do to add an avatar:

-At the top of the page click on "User CP"
-On the side panel, click on "Edit Avatar"
-You can either save the avi's that I made to your computer and upload them in the box for that, or you can right click on the avi and copy & paste the url in the other box.

Does that make sense??? Ask me if it doesn't.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

It worked!! Thanks for your outstanding tech support!

I'm not sure I picked my favorite one, so I may try out some others, too.

And don't worry, Shelly dear, I will always be here to share the Hotpants love with you!

Meryl
Old 06-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Total Fan

Oh that avi is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!! I remember Cat would sometimes have a different avi every hour! Sometimes she leave it on for a whole day, but I'm just saying we have plenty of John avi's to use and not get bored with them. Well who could be bored with that face?! If there's anyone who does, I'll !
Old 06-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Shelly, my computer at home has been down since this morning. I'm posting this from work. It froze up, then when I tried to boot it up, it went on for three seconds then shut down, and that kept happening. I called Dell tech support, but the guy couldn't figure it out (even after I took out the battery), so I have to call back when I get home tonight. He thinks it's a memory problem. I hope it's nothing serious. I get so nervous when I can't get onto my computer.

I just wanted you to know in case you don't hear from me until much later tonight. I'll check in as soon as I can.

Have a good day!

Meryl
Old 06-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Total Fan

You have a Dell? So do I and I think the same thing happened to me last year. Did it make a loud beeping noise too? Mine did when I tried to restart it and then it would shut down. When I was on Microsoft Word, I tried to type something and it said I didn't have enough memory. So I tried to delete some things on my computer that I knew I didn't need and I was lucky enough for the computer to start working again. When my computer shut down like that I didn't call Dell right away b/c I somehow fixed the problem, but I'm not really a computer person so if I were you I would definitely call Dell. They're the professionals! Well good luck w/ your computer and I hope you don't have to stay off too long. If that happens I'll be talking about John to myself!! Good Luck!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, bad news on the home computer front, I'm afraid. I was on the phone last night with the Dell technician, and he's the second one who said it's the motherboard, which is as expensive to replace as getting a new computer, so this weekend I'll be going computer shopping (mine is 7 years old, so it probably doesn't pay to replace the part).

I feel lost without my home computer. Hopefully I'll have one up and running by Saturday. Of course, this will be the first site I'll post at when I get it going!

Any John sightings or news, Shelly? I'm also going to have copies made of the photo this weekend, so it'll be on its way to you very soon!

Meryl

P.S. We had a pretty scary earthquake here yesterday afternoon! This one was even stronger than the one over the weekend. I was sitting at my desk at work on a phone interview, and all of a sudden my chair bounced up and down about four times! The noise is really scary, too. You heard thuds, then it gets eerily quiet in between. Yikes!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Total Fan

Geez! I'm glad I don't live in California then! Seems like you're getting quite a bit of earthquakes out there all of a sudden, or does that regularly happen? Hope everything is ok.

I've been keeping on the lookout for John sightings but none yet. That play reading at Nantucket is supposed to be tonight so I will definitely be checking for that!

Good luck again w/ buying a new computer.

Ok so I have bad news about Ed. I've been over at the stuckeyville.com site for the past couple of days and I guess TBS is discontinuing Ed on their schedule. That makes me so mad but I'm thankful that they're going to at least show the episodes of John that I don't have on tape. I've copied and pasted the schedule from tbs.com so you all can watch out for John episodes. And don't miss them b/c he is so great in these epps! I have all the episodes on tape that John was in after "The New World" episode so I'm glad I will now have these ones too. I have all the Hotpants episodes listed in bold w/ an * in front.

Ed Upcoming Episodes
Mixed Signals Fri. June, 17 at 12:00 pm
Ed represents a golfer suing a fan who shouted out while he was making an easy putt-thus costing him the win; Warren can't decide whether to ask reliable Donna or dream-girl Jessica to the prom.

Prom Night Mon. June, 20 at 12:00 pm
Ed receives a visit and a job offer from his old collegue, Carol invites him to the Stuckeyville HS junior prom.

*Stars Align, The Tue. June, 21 at 12:00 pm
Ed and Carol's close encounter is interrupted by Bonnie Hane; Ed defends Warren on a charge of criminal negligence after Warren brings a keg of beer to a party and an underage drinker has a bicycle accident on his way home.

*Changes Wed. June, 22 at 12:00 pm
When a client changes his name and his image, Ed decides to follow his lead; Molly tries to catch the eye of a bowling alley equipment salesman; Mike takes drastic measures to find "the last straw" which will end the impasse with Dr. Jerome.

*Job Well Done, A Thu. June, 23 at 12:00 pm
Molly objects to Ed defending a sleazebag salesman, but Ed maintains that said sleaze has done nothing illegal. Carol and the new principal face off on "The Great Gatsby".

Crazy Time Fri. June, 24 at 12:00 pm
Ed's on the case after a bitter kid's show host talks a young boy into running away; Molly gives up on wooing Jim; Warren comes up with the worst idea ever on how to impress his classmates

Closure Mon. June, 27 at 12:00 pm
arol asks Ed to help her friend Sonja, whose husband Andy wants a divorce after discovering that Sonja had advertised herself in a mail-order-bride catalog before they met.

**Replacements Tue. June, 28 at 12:00 pm
Ed gets involved in the Carol-Dennis tiff by helping Carol investigate Dennis's past on the internet. They discover he is a much loved figure in New England, where he was not only a teacher, but a coach, community service coordinator, and theater/drama coach.

**New World, The Thu. June, 30 at 12:00 pm
Ed represents Dennis in a minor fender-bender case, but when the other party's lawyer asks for an exorbiant amount of money, Dennis insists they settle in order to close the case; Ed tries to resurrect the annual Thanksgiving Day parade.

Key:
one * = John episode
two **= John episode not to be missed
Old 06-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for that, Shelly.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Total Fan

Yep, no problem! You can always count on me for these things!

I'm so disappointed! The Nantucket Film Festival was this weekend (it started on Wednesday) and there's been no coverage of it at all. It really makes me mad b/c every year the festival has been on, there have been lots of photos and articles about the events. It just figures. Oh well...
Old 06-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Meryl amde up her mind She has her own John now Poor girl Earthquakes do suck... I would be scared as hell. Glad I'm not living in California Good luck on your computer shopping, hope it won't get too expensive.

Shel - thx for posting John' tv app.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Shelly and Andie! This is my very first post on my brand new computer!

What a day! My friend and I have been running around all day to the computer stores in the area, and then we had to install everything, but I'm so glad to be back here on my favorite site! I missed being here so much!

My e-mail is still down, though, but I'll get that working tomorrow.

Thanks for posting the Ed episodes. They're on during lunchtime here, so maybe I can come home for lunch some of those days.

I brought "The Photo" to Kinko's to make a copy, but it came out kind of dark, so I'm going to bring it to work and try to adjust the color myself on our copy machine, then it's off to you.

Are you enjoying your time off from school?

Meryl