Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ha, ha! They should include an oxygen tank with the purchase of every "RM" DVD!

Thanks so much for letting us know about the "Ed" episodes with John being shown next week, Shelly! For some reason it wasn't listed when I printed out the TV Now JS listing for the month. I would have missed it!

It will be interesting to see if my reaction to Dennis Martino has changed since I watched those episodes the first time around. I was a huge Ed/Carol shipper (please don't hate me!), so I wanted to see Dennis go away. I hope you won't take away my membership in the JS fan club for admitting that!

Meryl
Old 06-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Total Fan

Aww no! I always wanted Ed and Carol to be together but I didn't mind so much when Dennis was around. I knew John wasn't going to be on the show that long so while he was on the show, I was a fan of his too. He was a jerk though sometimes! Especially to Ed! John was so wonderful on that show and he made a lot of people hate his character and that means he was doing a great job. An actor isn't really doing anything if they aren't making the audience feel something for their character whether it is good or bad. I remember reading a tvguide article online and John laughed b/c people would come up to him and say he was a "" on Ed the other night. It really made him laugh! Me too!! I love him so much! Dennis was a complex character but I really didn't want him to leave b/c I wanted to keep seeing John on the show! And then he did leave!

Have you seen www.stuckeyville.com ??? I joined that site during the second season even though I was a fan of the show since the first. My screen name on that site is DMFan. (bet you can't guess what it stands for!!!) I still visit the site at least a few times each week.

Last edited by jsrocks; 06-13-2005 at 07:41 AM
Old 06-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ooh, cool site.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Total Fan

Yeah it's still my home and I post there every now and then still!

And they've got some really good pictures from the show too!!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Shelly! Guess which photo arrived in the mail today!!!!

Hints:

He's young...

He's HOT...

He's gorgeous...

He's your favorite actor...

He's ...

Meryl
Old 06-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Total Fan

Old 06-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Funny girl! Check your e-mail...

Oh, I also rented "Bad Company" to watch tonight. Guess I'll be having sweet John dreams tonight for sure!

Meryl

P.S. Better get those avatars ready -- I'm nearing the finish line!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Total Fan

Yeah I'm going to post them over here. I might have to do more than one post b/c they only let you post so many pictures in one post at a time.
Bad Company is a great movie! I loved it. I know a lot of people didn't think it was that great, but I'm kind of biased anyway! LOL
Oh and John was in my Dream last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!

I have many more to post but this is all I can post in one. So post away and I'll post the rest!

Last edited by jsrocks; 06-13-2005 at 07:48 PM
Old 06-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

More!! More!! I want to see more, pleeeze!!

Old 06-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Total Fan

And last but not least....

Wow, it's almost 5am and I'm still up!! I guess I shouldn't have taken a 4 hour nap and woken up at 10pm! I'm always wide awake after I watch Conan for some reason. Well anyways, I have some good news! Since I was an insomniac tonight, I spent my time making more Hotpants avi's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made 32 of them!!!!!!!! Ok, I think I should go to bed now! I'll post them sometime tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, thank you! Thank you!! They are all so wonderful!!!

And you made 32 more new ones? Ha! I can't wait to see them!!

I can't get the young Hotpants photo out of my head since yesterday. It's really too gorgeous for words. If he was shopping around that photo for acting jobs, I can't believe no one snapped him up for roles back then. I mean he's so hot-looking in that headshot, I can't understand how he didn't become a major movie star.

It's such a shame we don't have him on film looking like that. Not to take anything away from how incredibly handsome he is now, but it would be nice to have him looking like that, too.

Meryl
Old 06-14-2005, 08:00 AM
Total Fan

haha Yeah I got a little carried away last night! I'll post them later today, I have to unpack everything from school (I still haven't yet and I've been home for about a week) and clean my room. Oh and I have to wash my car since it's a nice day out!
Mostly the new avi's are screencaps from Ed and J&B.

John should be a big star, more than he is today, but oh well. He can only go up from here so I guess that is a good thing!

I found these pics from somewhere but my computer won't let me crop them so I'll just post them so we can look at. He looks great in a Monkey Suit!

Oh and I tried to crop this picture but w/ the 100 by 100 deminsions, I couldn't get enough in the picture so I saved it anyway. It's better to see the whole pic anyway!! I think he looks excellent in this shot, w/ the jacket and sweater and nice shirt!

He has one of the best profiles too!!

Meryl, did you get to watch Bad Company yet? How did you like it?

I wonder where Andie is???
Old 06-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

I can always count on this thread to be bumping and full of conversation. John will be on TV a lot over the next couple of days:
Quote:
Tuesday, 14 - 12:30 PM - The Station Agent - STARZ CINEMA
Tuesday, 14 - 2:15 PM - Mona Lisa Smile - ENCORE
Tuesday, 14 - 5:15 PM - Mona Lisa Smile - ENCRw
Tuesday, 14 - 10:00 PM - The Station Agent - S-CINE
Wednesday, 15 - 5:05 AM - Mona Lisa Smile - ENCORE
Wednesday, 15 - 8:05 AM - Mona Lisa Smile - ENCRw
Wednesday, 15 - 12:00 PM - Judging Amy: The Persistence of Tectonics - TNT
Friday, 17 - 8:35 AM - Mona Lisa Smile - ENCORE
Friday, 17 - 11:35 AM - Mona Lisa Smile - ENCRw
Friday, 17 - 12:00 PM - Judging Amy: Zero to Sixty - TNT
Saturday, 18 - 2:00 PM - The Station Agent - S-CINE
Sunday, 19 - 12:20 AM - The Station Agent - S-CINE
Tuesday, 21 - 12:00 PM - Ed: The Stars Align - TBS
I think this may be more for my benefit considering you ghuys have probably seen all this already. Looking forward to seeing him on Ed. I'll be at work so I may have to tape it.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Total Fan

Oh man, yeah I've already seen all this before but it's never bad to see it again!

I won't be able to view The Station Agent or Mona Lisa Smile b/c I don't get those channels. But I have those on DVD so I can watch them anytime.

I found a link to an article about the Nantucket Film Festival. John has a part in it!
http://www.indiewire.com/onthescene/...50614nant.html

Here is the schedule of the film festival:
Click on "Spectacle" Friday, June 17
Old 06-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'll bet John will really enjoy doing the readings at the Nantucket Film Festival, being that it's not far from his hometown of Boston. It also sounds like it's up his alley, with its emphasis on the written word, which he clearly loves, judging from all the audiotapes he's done and, most recently, the radio play. He probably takes part in the film festival there every year, Mr. Boston Red Sox!

Well, I'm glad to hear he's keeping himself busy these post-J&B days! Now we just need him to perform in something where we can all see him!

Oh, there's another TV DVD with John coming out soon! The TV miniseries "From the Earth to the Moon," starring Tom Hanks, is being released in September. He plays a politician in it (another one!), Sen. Walter Mondale. I thought I had rented it on DVD already, but I guess it was either a VHS or maybe this is a special collector's edition DVD that's coming out in September.

Yes, I watched "Bad Company" last night. Not too bad; the pace picked up for me in the second half. Our John looked cool as a cucumber in it. I liked that he played the head honcho in the CIA. Nice!

Meryl

P.S. Thanks for posting the John TV skeds, Candace. I wish I could see them, but I don't get most of those channels.

Shelly, I just noticed you changed your avi -- that's such a great photo of John. He really looks like a movie star with those sexy shades on! He kind of reminds me of Paul Newman the way he looks there.