Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Total Fan

That picture I posted was right after Grace refused to kiss him. No one does that!

I didn't like Eraser. The only part of the movie I liked was the very beginning and yeah we all know why. His hair was more salt and pepperish. After his scenes are over the movie starts to suck.

We're almost to 300 posts on this thread!!!!! We need to decide on a new thread title!!!

If you can think of any good ones go ahead and post them. We'll decide when we have them all. Here are the ones that we've had for a while:

We'll play "chess" with him anytime!
He's a Republican, not a Communist

Here are my own:

He's not a Republican, he just plays one on tv!
Don't let the gray hair confuse you. He's only 42!
#2 Don't be fooled by the gray hair. He's only 42!
#3 Don't let the hair fool you. He's only 42!
What in the world will John do next?

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I like the idea of keeping the thread title to something about John rather than Peter, since it kind of makes me sad to think of "J&B" characters because we won't be seeing them anymore.

I'm not very creative first thing in the morning, so I'll have to give it some more thought during the day and post some suggestions later.

Meryl
Old 08-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Total Fan

Yeah I never really wanted to use the first two but I think the ones I came up w/ we might be able to use. That's ok if you can't think of any right now.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

How about something like what you wrote:

or

Where in the world is John Slattery?

or

John Love #6: Hotpants Headquarters

Meryl
Old 08-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Total Fan

Aww those are all so great!! How ever will we choose??????

Here's the list:

Don't let the gray hair confuse you. He's only 42!

#2 Don't be fooled by the gray hair. He's only 42!
#3 Don't let the hair fool you. He's only 42!
Where in the world is John Slattery?
(he's in NY )
Hotpants Headquarters

We'll probably have to keep the "Peter" name in the title since this is still on the J&B board. There is a board for male celebrities but I like keeping it here until John signs on for a new project and unless "that new project" gets a board.
I like having it here anyways b/c everyone here is sweet!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ooh, I just found something new about the radio play John was in. It gives the dates and times it will be broadcast on Sirius...plus a link to click on to hear it live!

I wonder if we will be able to hear it with just the link to Sirius they provide in the story?

Here's the link:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/94508.html

UPDATE: I think we WILL be able to hear it! I went to the link in the story, and on the home page, there's an icon in the top right of the screen that says "LISTEN." If you click on that icon, a screen pops up that says you can have a "3-DAY FREE TRIAL" to listen to the station...So we can just schedule our free trial for those three days of John's radio play!!!!

Meryl
Old 08-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Total Fan

OMG I HOPE WE GET TO LISTEN TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to you for finding that!

I don't know if you actually saw this but I found the direct link on the Sirius site. Pisses me off that they didn't have any pictures of John! But anyways:

Theatre of the New Ear

Maybe we could sign up for a free trial just to hear the play!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oops, Shelly -- we posted at the same time again!

Please read my update above!

Meryl
Old 08-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Total Fan

I'M SO FREAKIN' HAPPY!!!!!

Wait, can you schedule ahead of time for those 3 days or do you just have to apply for the free trial when the time comes?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey S2. I went to the Sirius Web site again just now. Try this:

Click on "LISTEN" in the top right corner, then click on the red "FREE 3-DAY TRIAL" logo that pops up.

A screen opens where you have to fill in some info (I didn't do that yet), but it says on that screen that once you've received a confirmation e-mail, you can log on and have three days of uninterrupted listening.

So, I think we should wait until maybe the night before his play starts to log in. What do you think?

Meryl
Old 08-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Total Fan

That's what I thought we would have to do. OMG I can't wait to be able to listen to this!! From all the reviews and summaries of the show, it sounds like it's going to be histerical! And remember John plays the door-to-door salesman (his character has no name) in the "Sawbones" play. Oh I can't wait. We need to keep reminding each other b/c I don't want to forget to sign up and miss hearing this!

We need to pick a new title. I'm not sure which one to pick. Maybe this one.

I don't know. Too bad we don't have more people to pick a title.

Well I can't really sleep right now so I'm searching for John stuff. I posted this site before (it should be on the first page) but it's been updated. They are going to do the plays in LA at UCLA BUT Badnews: They aren't doing the "Sawbones" play so John and the rest of that cast will not be in LA. They're still doing the "Hope Leaves the Theater" play and a new one.

http://www.beingcharliekaufman.com/index.htm?news.htm&2

This is old Emmy news but it's related. This site listed a lot of shows/actors/actresses that were considered for Emmy nominations. I don't think it was anything official but It was neat to see John's name on the list. He was considered for The Brooke Ellison Story in the "Supporting Actor in a Movie/Mini Series" Category. I would have thought at least he would be put in the "Best Actor in a Mini Series" but oh well, he didn't get nominated anyway. I'll post the pictures and list if I can b/c I don't think I can link to it since it's sort of a message board. (I think I'm just going to put the stuff related to us so I don't have to have a huge long list on here)

MOVIE/MINI SUPPORTING ACTOR
Brooke Ellison Story (John Slattery)

MADE FOR TELEVISION MOVIE
Brooke Ellison Story

MOVIE/MINI LEAD ACTRESS
Brooke Ellison Story (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio)

MOVIE/MINI SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Brooke Ellison Story (Lacey Chabert)
Brooke Ellison Story (Vanessa Marano)

DRAMA WRITING
Jack & Bobby (Pilot)
Jack & Bobby (Into the Woods)
Jack & Bobby (A Man of Faith)
Jack & Bobby (Lost Boys)
Jack & Bobby (A Child of God)
Jack & Bobby (Legacy)

DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR
Jack and Bobby (Logan Lerman)
Jack and Bobby (Matt Long)

DRAMA LEAD ACTRESS
Jack and Bobby (Christine Lahti)

DRAMA SERIES
Jack and Bobby ("Better Days", "A Man of Faith")

I know I will not be watching the Awards this year b/c there are so many other shows and actors besides John and the J&B cast and the show that should have been nominated. They've turned that show into a popularity contest. The same people and shows are nominated year after year. I watch Desperate Housewives but just b/c the show has been so popular, I don't think it should have been nominated so much. Just venting. We know John doesn't physically need an award in his hand to know that he's one of the best!

I don't know if you've ever seen this but it's an old article from TV guide online. It's from "Ed" when John was on the show. It's a really cool article and John talks a little bit about Dennis Martino. (I had to get it off the Stuckeyville.com site b/c the regular link wouldn't work)

http://www.stuckeyville.com/s/show/news.asp?ID=57

Cute Ellison Story article. And a small but great mention of John.

http://pasadenastarnews.com/Stories/...486119,00.html

Ok that's all I have for now. I'm getting tired again so I think I'll go back to sleep...
Old 08-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Speaking of awards, if they ever had a category for "Most Resourceful Internet Researcher," you would win that one hands down! When you post stuff like you did above, it really makes me wonder how you find it! All I can say is, thanks -- and keep up the good work!

As far as the next thread title, "He's not a Republican, he just plays one on TV" is really cute, but unfortunately he doesn't really play one on TV anymore. I thought that doesn't fit where he is in his career right now as well as some of the others, like "Where in the world is John Slattery?" or "What in the world will John do next?"

Another option is to change it to "He's not a Republican, he just played one on TV."

Meryl
Old 08-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Total Fan

I do scare myself too sometimes!!

But hey, it's all for John so

I did say I couldn't sleep at the time so at least I had something to do.

We could do the Republican one w/ "played" or we could do the "What in the world will John do next?"
Well we kind of know where he is since he lives on New York so I don't know about the other one. We're getting close so, hmm...

Ok you go ahead and list whatever title you want to use. It doesn't have to be any that I listed or it can be, just pick one out and then I'll start the new thread.

A new Hotpants thread is coming!!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

I like the idea of looking ahead rather than back, so how about this one:

Do you like that one, too, or would you prefer something else?

Meryl
Old 08-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Total Fan

New Thread