Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just checked my on-screen TV listing, and it looks like "Legacy" will be the "J&B" episode they are showing today. It's scheduled to start at 6 p.m. here as well. At least Hotpants was in it for a couple of times, and as you said he did a great job in those scenes.

I still plan on finding an address for TVLand and writing to them to thank them for showing the episode and to suggest they add the entire series to their lineup.

After all, their format consists of repeats of shows that are no longer on the air. And since someone there felt that "Jack & Bobby" qualifies for at least one episode to be shown on their channel, why not take on the whole series?

Meryl
Old 06-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Total Fan

Yeah that's a good idea. Hopefully they agree. I just hate The WB! They don't know a good show when they see one. They never gave J&B a chance b/c I bet it would have picked up in ratings after a second season. Oh well.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just posted TV Land's mailing address and e-mail comment form on the HartBeat News thread.

Maybe if they get enough requests, they will consider televising the entire season!

Meryl
Old 06-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Total Fan

Yeah I saw that. Hopefully it will work. I don't have enough patience to wait for a DVD.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aw, wasn't Hotpants sweet in the "Legacy" episode, Shel?

In his first scene, I loved when he ~tenderly~ leaned forward to kiss Grace on the cheek.

And in the second scene, I loved the gentle and respectful way he interacted with Bobby. What a guy ...

I John Slattery sooooo much!

Meryl
Old 06-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Total Fan

Well that makes 2 of us!!!!!!!!!!

John did an amazing job (as always) in the 2 scenes that he had. I loved it when he told Grace that as much as he would like to join in on a fruitful debate about "the building of a building that has already been built," he'll have to refrain. The way John delivered that line made me want to kiss him!
He says his lines so perfect and I meant it when "he makes complex dialogues sound natural." John is extremely talented and has a great sense of humor! And when he kissed Grace lightly on her cheek, I wished it was me!

I loved it in the scene w/ Bobby and Bobby says that he just dropped by to say "hi." And Peter turns his head to the left and looks back at Bobby and says "hi." It was so cute how John said it! Bobby then said something else and Peter says, "You know you're a little wierd...Bobby." He says "Bobby" really quietly, it's just so adorable how he says it. And when he's sitting in the chair...Hotpants!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have time to watch it today but I have this episode on tape so it wasn't a big deal. I'll just have to watch it another day.

Hotpants Slattery

JohnDreams... Nighty Night!

Last edited by jsrocks; 06-11-2005 at 09:27 PM
Old 06-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, we just had an earthquake here this morning!

It was a 5.6 magnitude -- this one shook me up a little! I'm still a newbie to earthquakes, having moved to California about four years ago. With this one, I even ran to the doorway for cover.

Thanks for posting the photos from "Legacy." He's such an !

Shelly, I have a Hotpants question for you: How big is his role in "Bad Company"? Is he just in it for a couple of minutes, or is it worth renting for my John fix? I think that and "Eraser" are the only two available at BB that I haven't rented yet. Thanks.

I'm still deciding whether to buy "Red Meat" on eBay, mainly because I probably won't like the sleazy character he plays in it. There's another film he did called "Lily Dale," which sounds like the kind of part I'd rather see him in (tender John!), but that's only available on VHS at this point. Have you seen that one? I wonder if it's worth getting the VHS.

Meryl
Old 06-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Just popping in to say that I just saw one of John's Will & Grace episodes. I remember watching the season one DVD over a year ago, but it just didn't click that it was the same guy playing Will's brother.

Meryl, I'm glad that you're OK.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Total Fan

Aww I hope everything is ok w/ the earthquake and all!

OMG Meryl you have to buy RM even though his character is crappy b/c I'm not going to lie, a NUDE Hotpants is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must rent Bad Company or even buy it b/c he is in it quite a bit. John has scenes throughout the movie and in one scene he and Chris Rock's character almost get into a fight. He plays the head of the CIA so he is Anthony Hopkins' boss in the movie. AND he is very Gorgeous in it, but he always is but in this one he really is!
John is only in the beginning of Eraser but I'd still get it b/c he sort of has a Bostonian accent and it's really cute.
I haven't seen Lily Dale. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

hahaha John on W&G! I remember when those episodes first aired. I was so excited to hear that John was going to be playing Will's older brother!! It was so funny when Sam and Will were arguing in Will's bedroom during Jack's b-day party and Jack opened the door real quick to yell "Shut Up!" And when Grace was playing Mediator b/w Will and Sam after the party!

Meryl only 9 more posts! You can have a John avi by the end of the night!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for your concern, Candace and Shelly. I'm fine after surviving our little earthquake this morning.

Hotpants is nude in "RM"???

That's all I need to know!!! I'm off to eBay!

Meryl
Old 06-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Total Fan

OMG I thought you knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know when you get to watch it!
Old 06-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm back
Old 06-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Total Fan

Hey What's up?!

I think today, I'm going to watch some of John's episodes on Ed. I have most of them on tape. TBS is going to start airing the 2nd season of Ed starting June 21st so everyone watch out for that b/c John is in those episodes!!! Dennis Martino
Old 06-13-2005, 06:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Welcome back, Andie! We missed you at the John Slattery fan club meetings!

Did you get to see the "Legacy" episode on TV Land? It was a nice little John fix for us until his next starring role!

Just to update y'all, Shelly successfully twisted my arm yesterday by saying the magic words (Hotpants nude!), so I had no choice but to purchase a copy of "Red Meat" on eBay last night.

I'll give you a full report after I see it.

Good day everyone!
Meryl
Old 06-13-2005, 06:53 AM
Total Fan

I'm warning you to have an Oxygen tank ready by your side when you watch it!!!!