Old 05-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Knew you'd do that.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Total Fan

*sigh*

Old 05-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, please, by all means add me to the list of devoted J&B/John Slattery fans. Thanks Cat! And thanks for the info on "Red Meat," JSRocks. I totally agree w/you on Sean Penn. I think he and Johnny Depp are two of the best actors today (well, aside from John, that is!). "The Interpreter" is at the top of my list of movies I want to see.

I'm so glad you guys are online now, because I just read the post about the "E online" columnist who says she received confirmation the show has been cancelled, and I'm so upset about it. I know we don't find out officially until Friday, so I'll try to be optimistic, but it's getting harder.

Let's promise to stay in touch about our John boy if the worst happens with the show, OK?
Old 05-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Total Fan

Oh I definitely will stay in touch b/c until I came here I have never came in contact w/ many John fans. I'm still a member at Stuckeyville.com, but most of the people over there hated Dennis and didn't talk much about John. I found a few John fans there, but they didn't stay in touch.

As for the other speculation articles, to me that's just what it is "speculation". I know some people might have heard some inside information but I really don't pay attention to it until I hear it from the network executives themselves. Also I think, I'm pretty sure, that we will find out on Tuesday the 17th.

Definitely go see "The Interpreter"!!
Old 05-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

TI was awesome!~ I loved it!

The board will probabley be moved to the Tv Shows: Past section, but meh, if we post a lot, we can keep it.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Total Fan

Is it May 17th yet?? (sorry I just try really hard to keep moral up here and you all are still sad) I'm not in denial b/c I know it could get cancelled but it hasn't yet.

Changing the subject:

Hotpants
Old 05-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks, JS. I'm so upset about what that columnist wrote that I typed in Friday instead of Tuesday! I'll be a basket case for sure at work that day. I should probably just take the whole week off!

Let's try to get our minds off it by talking about John! What were some of your favorite roles he's been in? (Anyone can chime in here.) Also, have you heard anything about future projects? I thought I read somewhere recently that he will be in an ensemble play in New York over the summer.

The magazine I work for has a DVD reviews section (I'm the "kidvid" writer/section editor), and that's where I received a press release that "A Death in the Family" is coming out in June. It's on Amazon.com now, too. So if Mr. Slattery has a DVD residual clause in his contract, he'll be getting a little extra income this summer: "Brooke Ellison" in May and "DITF" in June!
Old 05-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Total Fan

John's going to be in a play this summer and I won't be in New York?!?! That's awesome though!!! I'm glad he'll be doing some more theatre. Where did you hear that, I'm just curious. I haven't heard anything here about any new projects.

I really liked John's character in Cash Crop. Have you seen that one? And I also loved Dennis Martino. Granted he was an ass, but I was usually one of the few who stood up for him.

I really can't wait for the dvd's!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think I saw the item about him being in a play this summer when I "googled" his name recently. I'll go look for it now ... (homework like this can be such a drag, can't it?)

(Thanks for the tip on "Cash Crop" -- I'll add it to my list!)
Old 05-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Total Fan

Oh I my John related homework!!! It's the only kind of homework I love.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Found it!!! It's not a stage play, though, it's a radio play on Sirius Satellite Radio. Click on the link and scroll down halfway into the article to see his name in bold.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155247,00.html

Meryl, devoted John fan
Old 05-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Total Fan

That's awesome!!! So are those plays just going to be read like a Reader's Theatre type thing? Also I think John's worked with Brooke Smith before in Bad Company and he got to work with Peter Dinklage in The Station Agent. I loved that movie. Those are some pretty big name actors there.