Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

This 'Mad Men' news is making me one Mad Meryl!

I wish you had gotten his phone number when you met him so we could verify these things...

Meryl
Old 08-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Total Fan

Lol, my mistake!

I'm hoping for the best and if it turns out that he's only in the pilot episode then we'll take what we can get.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't even remember the last time I saw him act in something new! I guess it was the last episode of Jack & Bobby, which must have been more than a year ago!!

So yeah... I'll take what I can get!

Meryl
Old 08-18-2006, 06:25 AM
Total Fan

He was SOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing in Rabbit Hole!

So I think after being able to see him act in person, that's enough to hold me off for a LLOOOONG time!!

It was a big enough treat to be able to talk to him before and after the play, but to also sit there for 2 hours and watch him act... It was just amazing!

The whole cast made it amazing!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

You saw him in Rabbit Hole? Cool!

Meryl
Old 08-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Total Fan

I thought I told you...

Anyways... YEAH HE WAS SO AWESOME IN THE PLAY!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh yeah ... I think you mentioned something about it in passing.

In case you need a reminder of how he looked in it, here's a scene from Rabbit Hole:

Meryl
Old 08-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Total Fan

That scene was so great b/c it was at the very end and it had a lot of humor in it and then you felt like crying. Cynthia (or Becca as I should say) was standing in the kitchen at the sink and John/Howie walked in. He had just come home from work and someone he knew gave him a loaf of bread to take to Cynthia. That's what's sitting in front of Cynthia on the table. John sat down in the chair and started drinking from that bottle then Cynthia walked over and sat down in her chair and unwrapped the bread and started to cut it. The dog had been barking a lot in another scene (there wasn't a real dog but anyways...lol) and it was quiet and John asks Cynthia why the dog isn't barking and she said in a cool tone that she slipped him some Ambien or something like that and right away John started laughing at that. It was so funny and cute! And Cynthia says in a dry tone, "Oh you think I'm kidding!" And John laughes a little harder. It was so cute!! The whole audience was laughing at that point. Then things got serious b/c Cynthia brings up that a couple they know is having a party and their kids will be there so they run through what they can expect to happen at the party. They'll play with the kids and prepare for Danny to be brought up by the couple and be ready if it happens. Then they grab hands like in the picture and say that they'll get through it alright. And that's the end of the play. The curtain soon drops after that.

Last edited by jsrocks; 08-19-2006 at 10:27 AM
Old 08-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Caption time!!!!

"Hi Shelly. We all just wanted to give you moral support for your last week of summer classes.
It was John's idea to post this photo of us. Good luck!"

Meryl
Old 08-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Total Fan

Short study break.

Here are two pictures of the cast from that seminar they were at. I posted these a while back so I'll post them again.

And John from the seminar.

Watermarks are the Devil!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, watermarks are like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa... but John's handsomeness still comes through! They all look really good in that photo. I miss them.

Meryl
Old 08-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Total Fan

I'm so mad right now and I need to get back to sleep. I'll post some pictures to cheer me up and hopefully I'll feel better.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, there's no way you can stay mad when you look at that last picture you posted of you and John!

I remember how exciting it was for me to see those photos when you came back from your trip. I did a little dance in my chair every time I opened one of your e-mails.

Exciting times!!!

Meryl
Old 08-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Total Fan

It really is!! And he's holding the collage in that picture!

I was excited to show you!!! I know while we were still in New York I'd take my camera out and just smile so big when I was looking at all the pictures on it.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

John Slattery, where are you?

He's keeping a low profile again. I'm surprised that there are never any photos of him on WireImage attending a Broadway show.

Meryl