Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

I see her face.........
Old 04-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Total Fan

Ok I'm tired of school and I still have almost 8 weeks left. Warm weather makes me not want to study.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know that feeling...
Old 04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay. I stopped myself from going off on a tangent on the Grace thread. But I'm going to have to vent it anyway... and this is at least the OT thread, so I think it's allowed.

Somebody sent me HQ pics from the Sydney premiere of the film The Interpreter. I've been waiting for this movie forever. It's got the potential to make knowing foreign languages cool and that is one of my biggest biggest personal 'issues', so it's a much anticipated film for me for many reasons. The other one being Nicole Kidman whom I love. I love her choice of films, her bravery as an actress and her range. Sure, she's made a few duds but everyone has and no matter how big of a dud the film may be, she still brings out the most of the material she is presented with. I also think that she's stunningly beautiful. But then these pictures in my inbox. What on earth has happened to her. Attack of the overbotox. *sigh* expressions are so beautiful. This is so... not.

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Poor Es. I love NK too. I haven't seen any pics of the premiere yet. I'm worried now......
Old 04-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

here you go.

one.
two.
three.

... and now let's consider the significantly older, interesting, gorgeous, and non-attackofthebotox actresses.

charlotte rampling.
jodie foster.
kristin scott thomas.
dianne keaton

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

That's devestating. Nicole's always been so lovely.......and now.......

I mean, she still looks fine, but.....Jodie, Kristen, Charlotte and Diane (My Queen Quirky ) all manage to seem radiant in a way that doesn't really show up in Nicole. Great, now I'm uber-depressed.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aw, that's really unfortunate about Nicole. That first pic really was a surprise. I love the pics of the other actresses. Keepin' it real, baby!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

There are other older actresses who also look horrendous and I just don't understand it. WHY?!!! it's not even atractive. I mean, Melanie Griffith these days *shudder* And then there are others who will do films with the WORST lighting in some scenes and practically no makeup and it's so refreshing and genuine and... pretty. because of all these things. Oddly enough they're all from the we-don't-do cosmetic surgery crowd. Hmmm...

Old 04-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Melanie Griffith is definitely the best example. Working Girl was on TV last weekend, and I found myself missing that look. No one's getting me to botox a thing when I get older. Forget that!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think it's perfectly fine. Whatever people want to do to feel better about themselves. But as with everything, when you over do it that's when it becomes a 'problem' and ends up having an almost reverse effect.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

True.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Melanie Griffith still freaks me the hell out.

Riiight. topic change. Only not really. The cast of Desperate Housewives are on the cover of Vanity Fair next month. The pic is really hot (retro swimsuits). Mmmmmmarcia.

Old 04-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

That sounds great. Marcia Cross really is gorgeous. All the ladies are, but it's like I look at the subdued Marcia on Everwood, and then look at her now as Bree and I'm blown away.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

She is an amazing actress. I have been a fan of hers since her Melrose Place days (and it's because of her that i watch Everwood and DH). Anyone who saw the episodes where Kimberly went completely insane just after she blew up the building when she was put in a mental assylum knows of Marcia's astonishing range (even when presented with relatively poorly written material). I'm so pleased that she's found herself a role that is worthy of her talents with Desperate Housewives.