Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd15mK
Shelly,

Ratings=Money and popularity for producers and whatnot - most of the time
I know, but it still sucks.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:32 PM
New Fan

This is truly heartbreaking. I have to say, up until the livejournal post surfaced about a week ago, I honestly thought that we had a chance. I thought that, in the end, the WB would come to its senses and realize what a gem it had of a show. The WB, of all places, the network that gives meager ratings another shot, would allow Jack and Bobby another season and the chance to prosper.

Boy, was I wrong. Turns out that the WB is the only network not to save its critically-acclaimed but low-rated show. Arrested Development is going into its third season, Veronica Mars, which has had similar (if not even lower) ratings, is getting a second. The only other quality show that was cancelled was American Dreams, and that was given three seasons by NBC.

What I can't understand is why the WB decided to renew Charmed over Jack and Bobby. If they were to pick from two low-rated shows, you'd think they would pick the one with the greatest potential, the one with the superb writing, acting, directing. Instead, they pick the one that has already been on the air for 7 years and is grasping at straws for new stories to tell.

Well...while I can't bring myself to say anything good about the WB at this point, I do want to thank everyone who was involved in the production of this show. Their efforts (and valiant ones at that) were truly appreciated and shall not be forgotten. This show and its characters showed such depth that, to me, they felt real...and I cared for them as if they were actually real. I seriously hope I never become this emotionally attached to a tv show ever again.

I'm truly truly disappointed. While I'm holding out that tiny flicker of hope for a miracle while bracing myself for the news that I know will inevitably come tomorrow, it still won't make it any easier once it's completely official. I guess all I can say now is...it's been an honor to have watched and enjoyed this show all season.

Last edited by arabesque; 05-16-2005 at 07:48 PM
Old 05-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Well this is just depressing news. First American Dreams and now Jack and Bobby , I think that WB is making a huge mistake with this. The timelsot they gave this show was horrible, and it being so critically acclaimed I would have thought that maybe they would give it another try. Apparently not, it's their loss.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so sad about this. It hurts to even look at the title of this thread.

Meryl
Old 05-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Total Fan

I know, I can't believe they expected it to do well up against American Idol, The West Wing, and Alias!! Are you kidding me?!?!?! They should have thought that through better.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

It was like putting David up against three Goliaths! It never had a chance.

When I think about all the stupid, trashy shows on TV and this gets cancelled, it makes me soooo mad!!!

Meryl
Old 05-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Total Fan

*coughJoeycough*

And I'm not a fan of The OC either. I just can't and don't want to get into that show. I was more into 90210 when it was on.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ditto for me on those. Same goes for "Desperate Housewives."

I thought maybe with Christine's husband being the exec producer he could have convinced them to give it a second season, but I guess not.

Meryl
Old 05-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thomas Schlamme produced and directed most of Sports Night if you remember. A genius show that died far too soon. All the good ones go. The viewers have to switch their brains on. You can be high as a kite and still follow American Idol.

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

MORE UPFRONT NEWS: WB also unveils its fall sked today, and it's not expected to include "bubble" dramas Jack & Bobby and Summerland. But in a surprise move, Charmed will return for an eighth, and presumably final, season. Among the new shows on deck are X-Files-esque thriller Supernatural, starring Gilmore Girls' Jared Padalecki and Smallville's Jensen Ackles; the Don Johnson drama, Just Legal, and Twins, a comedy about fraternal twin sisters starring Sara Gilbert.

A couple more hours until official "official" news comes out from The WB, itself.

the link is here: http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/
Old 05-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Total Fan

I won't be watching The WB anymore. J&B was the only show I cared about.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's OFFICIAL OFFICIAL. Jack & Bobby is NOT on the 2005-2006 schedule.
For a complete NEW list of shows and the NEW schedule, take a look at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr...d=20050517wb01
OR
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|95364|1|,00.html

SMALLVILLE and EVERWOOD move to Thursdays; RELATED takes Jack & Bobby's time-slot.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|95364|1|,00.html

The official schedule. No Jack & Bobby. Expected, but truly depressing. Especially when David Janollari calls One Tree Hill a "first-rate drama".

The WB is really stupid. They're moving Everwood and they didn't put Jack & Bobby with it? Crazy. Instead it's with Smallville? On Thursdays no less? Not compatable at all. Gilmore Girls with Supernatural? Not compatable at all, even with the guy who plays Dean on the new show; it's still scifi.

They don't even have common sense anymore.

Wow, almost right at the same time, DeNnls.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 05-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

Since the show has been cancelled expect the board to move into the Past Shows category. It will not happen right away but it will happen. So if you don't see the board listed under current it is not because the board was closed.

I'm topping this and editing. Adding "Offical News" into the title. So everyone knows the information but posters and lurkers.

-Michael
Old 05-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Total Fan

We've been pretty quiet here for a few days now. I hope everyone comes back soon.