Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

I saw the ad for The Shield last night. It sucks that I don't have FX. Michael Chiklis rules and Glenn Close will be a great addition.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

I love Glenn Close, so it kills me that I don't have FX.

As for Michael..........I'm not going to say anything. You know I'm cursing you in frustration.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Banned

The Shield is a great show! Michael is one of the best actors..I've seen on television. How you can tell that an actor is great is when they don't even need words.

One episode in the first season when he was flushing the drugs he stole before his captian was about to find out.. He looked into that mirror and everything you could see it on his face... WOW!

That is what makes me love Vic. That fact that he is a good-guy doing bad-guy things.. So, sweet the way that they blend that line of good and evil. What hooked me in the first episode of the show was the end. When Vic shot his newest team member in the head. Blamed it on the drug dealer because the new guy was a nark for Aceveda. Oh wow, never saw that coming. I never though Vic would just shoot another cop dead like that. It was powerful. The show is just so powerful.

FX shows are like HBO shows for people who can't afford HBO. Same quality different price. I'm an FX pimp!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Total Fan

I have FX but I can't get The WB on Wednesdays?!?!? Aahhh

It's ok, Easyview saves the day!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Easyview does indeed.

Hmm, The Shield sounds good. Now I REALLY wish I had it.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Total Fan

Wow page 2 already! This thread really is like the energizer Bunny.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Ironic, eh?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Total Fan

We all go stir crazy during the hiatuses!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Mad, I tell you, mad......

Old 03-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

We are getting pretty restless in here. At least we have reruns.

Academia calls, I must leave now. Goodnight all. Love ya!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
The sad thing is the car that I have now..is bad... I mean there is a huge dent in the side door. The cd face is broken thanks to my little cousins. I had to tape it on there to stay but even that is starting to fail. Let's just say that I'm not going to picking up any girls with that car...
I hear ya ... I have so many issues with my car. There's some flood damage, the sound system sucks, theres a dent, a problem with the bumper, and I have a flat.

Quote:
I wish we were back in the old days when women liked a man for who is. His morals and ethics. If he was responsible ect... Now, it all comes down to the money, car, and looks. Sad, sad era....
Ah ... the good ol' days ... and now everything is all about money.

Quote:
You can say that men only look at women who are good-looking but in truth we have always done that...
Yes, we have.

Quote:
Remember at the dance..when Ben left Ms. Young to be with Sue and that song played... I love that song. It just came on the radio.
Finger Eleven - One Thing ... Right?

Quote:
Life is more like Xander on BTVS. He always wanted to be with Buffy... never happened. She saw him only as a friend..and teased him to make Angel jealous. Oh well, at least he got Faith that one night.
Yeah ... a sad shame. But, yeah he did get Faith for a night.

Quote:
When Vic shot his newest team member in the head. Blamed it on the drug dealer because the new guy was a nark for Aceveda. Oh wow, never saw that coming. I never though Vic would just shoot another cop dead like that.
Seriously. Of the four episodes I saw ... the first episode's ending was insane! But, I only saw four episodes, and then got so far behind, and now it's in it's fourth year, I just gave up.

Quote:
FX shows are like HBO shows for people who can't afford HBO. Same quality different price.
Nicely said.

kenny | credit
Old 03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside
Finger Eleven - One Thing ... Right?
Yeah, I don't know who plays it but the song is One Thing.

Quote:
Seriously. Of the four episodes I saw ... the first episode's ending was insane! But, I only saw four episodes, and then got so far behind, and now it's in it's fourth year, I just gave up.
That's too bad that you gave up. Things were crazy..in the upcoming years. The things you would learn what happened to the characters... I mean..some wow.

For example: Dutch boy killed a cat by chocking him to death...
Aceveda teamed up with Vic for some time...
Aceveda had to do some sexual things after being a hostage by two (male) thugs...
The Decoy squad was brought in...
Vic's family left him...
Vic put someone's face on a stove...while it was on... Oh boy... I can still see that guys face...
The Strike Team is falling apart...
Shane is getting married and having a baby..with this one B****
The whole team was almost exposed after stealing this huge money train from the mob... Of course with things coming down so hard...Liam thought it best to burn the money...thus hurting the entire team...

Last season ended with Vic and Shane at each other's throats..... I don't know if the team will survive...

Quote:
Nicely said.
Both The Shield and Nip/Tuck has shown more graphic and insane scenes then the Sopranos. IMO.

I haven't seen season 5 of Sopranos yet. As I buy them on DVD since no HBO.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

IO left for maybe ten hours and there is already a new thread on the second page

Esther, good luck with your driving licences test I got mine three years ago but I don't drive very much.

I all the new smilies. The is really cute
Old 03-15-2005, 01:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

I luff The Sopranos and Nip/Tuck. I've never watched The Shield but Glen Close, huh? That's pretty cool. She's a brilliant actress. I might have to check it out then.

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Double post, I know but it's been a fair few hours. I failed my driving test again. Apparently I was going too slow around housing estates and country lanes because people supposedly love it when you mow their children over and zoom up horses' arses. What.Ever. So yes. I'm in a great mood, thanks for asking I can't remember the last time I looked forward to writing a paper this much. Oh the world for a distraction from my horrid mood!

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.