Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Total Fan

Just wondering, but what got you so interested in this sport?
Old 07-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

My English teacher freshman year, who's my XC coach, who I'm also really close to now, is really into it. And, she loves Lance. She told me to read his biographies, and I just really liked him. So, the whole "Lance Effect" and just naturally, being around her, I picked it up.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Total Fan

That's cool! It's not a sport that many people get into unless you ride yourself or know someone who does or are around it like you, so I was just wondering.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, she rides. I don't think I even knew that riding a bike was an actual sport until I met her.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Total Fan

I guess it's more like a competition than a sport since in sports you have to be able to score somehow. But it is an athletic experience.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

No, there's scores. At least in stage races. If it's one of the three Grand Tours (Tour of France, Tour of Spain, Tour of Italy), you have four different jersey's (i.e. four different categories to "score" in). But if it's just a day race, then yeah, it's just whoever crosses the line first.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Total Fan

Yeah I meant they don't score against another team like in baseball, soccer and other sports like that.

But I just group them all in the sports category b/c they're all althletic activities.

I've been paying close attention to the World Cup since I used to play soccer and just enjoy watching and playing it.

I wish USA was more of a soccer nation but we suck since this country doesn't pay close attention to that sport. We're not as good as people in other countries.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad France won today. Zidane is amazing. I think I'd like France to win against Italy because Zidane's retiring after the game.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Total Fan

I don't care who really wins but I do enjoy watching the games.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I don't really have a favourite when I start watching the games, but like, half way through I decide on someone I want to win.

Emmy nominations came out today. Patrick Dempsey should've been nominated, but at least Grey's got like, 11 nominations.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Total Fan

They made the races tighter this year for nominations. I like watching Desperate Housewives, but I am SOOO happy it wasn't nominated b/c it Sucked Bad this year!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

I know, I was happy about DH and Lost not getting nominated.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Total Fan

I love Lost but I get so tired of people getting nominated year after year just b/c they're popular.

Conan's nominated for his show. If he loses he might make a joke about it or something. That would be funny! I want him to win though. If he wasn't hosting the Emmys I probably wouldn't watch. I'm just not that interested in it much any more.

I want Chandra from Grey's to win! She's really been able to do a lot with her character this season and it's great.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

I didn't like seeing Martin Sheen being nominated for Best Actor in Drama. The show gets nominated for something like, every year.

Yeah, I hope Chandra wins as well.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Total Fan

I actually think Bradley Whitford should have gotten the nomination for The West Wing instead of Martin but oh well. I don't think anyone was nominated for the show last year but I know what you mean. I definitely don't think Martin should have been nominated at all. He wasn't even in that many scenes this year. I think Patrick could have been in his place.

I really like Sandra Oh, but she gets all the attention for the show and her character is great but I really want Chandra to win b/c she's worked her @$$ off on this show!