Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Lost Boys: Episode Discussion (11/17/04)

Grace's (Christine Lahti) warm, intelligent, gay younger brother (guest-star Tom Cavanaugh, Ed) makes a surprise visit to the McCallister home for Thanksgiving. Grace is thrilled that he has returned but her feelings change after he lands in jail on drug charges. Meanwhile, Jack (Matt Long) feels responsible for a friend's suicide.

Bryan Gordon directed the episode written by Barbie Klingman.

Miss this episode? Don't worry - check out KTLA's episode summary!

Last edited by crazyforcmm; 03-04-2005 at 01:27 PM
Old 11-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

This episode sounds like it's going to be great, I'm really excited to see it.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

Liliya - I agree! From what I've read about the upcoming episode, it looks to be fantastic There was a lot of press about the content of tonight's episode, so it should be interesting to see how that impacts the ratings.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:58 AM
Absolute Fan

Tonight was a really great epi. I actually started crying when Jack started crying. That was so sad.

What did that lady mean when she said that Bobby was talking about when he lost his brother Jack?

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What did that lady mean when she said that Bobby was talking about when he lost his brother Jack?
It was revealed that Jack died before Bobby became president. I think it was in the pilot.

I'll add some more comments on the episode later, but all I can say now is that this was a great and a sad episode. Matt was fantastic in his scenes, I got teary eyed when Jack started crying.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:10 AM
Banned

I'll be posting what I thought about the episode in general later. I just wanted to bring something up that had me thinking.

With this story of suicide along with the future story of losing a son in battle didn't fit all that great. Sure it had thanksgiving but...

What if it was pushing the idea that Jack in the future takes his own life?
Old 11-18-2004, 07:27 AM
Banned

Matt gave an outstanding performance in the episode. Especially the last scene with his breakdown. You could feel everything he was feeling. It really hit a cord.

The locker room scene was great. I was so with Jack on everything. He was pulling away from the shock that his friend was gay and liked him. The liked him part had to be the biggest shock. He didn't know how to approach things. All he did know is that his friend was in pain and he had to say something to try and help him.

It seems that Marcus has forgiven Courtney. I didn't like that we didn't see this on screen but it's not really that shocking. It was a small fight and Marcus could easily forgive her and just try to be there again as a friend. They are putting Marcus in more and more.

Grace's brother was great. I'm really liking him. With him around it gives Grace the chance to show us more into how she feels. Which is easier to do with a sibling who has known her forever.

It was great to hear that Bobby is wanting to know more about his father. I'm glad that his uncle could provide some insight into who he was.

Preview -Next week looks great! Aside from everything that was shown in the previews.. I know that what is on everyone's mind is seeing Jack getting jumped by those 3 hooded guys. Also, we might be seeing something on the Unspoken Love part. hmm...
Old 11-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

ok, i almost never post at all, mostly just lurk, but just wanted to say this was succcccch a great episode. matt long was so terrific. im sad they reminded me that jack dies prematurely though. i mean, i know it, but i had pushed it to the back of my mind for awhile at least. another really great episode, i have yet to be disappointed. oh and to whoever suggested they might be hinting that jack commits suicide later on, oh my gosh, im going to cry at that thought.

Avi by Starsprite
Old 11-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Michael - You make an intersting point - it would be a different twist on what some might have perceived as how Jack dies. This is completely nonsequitor - but did anyone notice how the episode with VP at the end still hasn't been answered?

iluvspike - Welcome Don't lurk - we're friendly people and won't bite We love talking about Jack and Bobby I agree - none of the episodes disappoint you - they're all terrific

I really enjoyed the interaction between Grace and her younger brother - their first scene together was funny I liked how more things about her brother came about after we got to know - most shows bombard you with facts about a new character, but I like how the writers left hints and clues in some scenes, so that by the end, you got to know more about him.

I admit, I jumped to conclusions, too, when Tom was holding that girl's hands; but, it was funny to see Grace get jealous of him

Now on to the whole story on suicide. I just learned about suicide in psychology and we had to "rate" of how prevalent a set of examples of suicide - some didn't seem as worse as others, but at the end, our teacher revealed that the examples were actual cases of suicide - pretty scary, huh? I was very upset with Matt (Jack's friend)'s parents - especially the mom. If she knew her son was gay, why wouldn't she accept it and realize that he needs to talk with someone about it?

I think that Matt did a wonderful job - especially the last scene. I also liked to hear Jack say that although he may not always like his mom, he could always talk with her if something were wrong - it was sweet. I also liked that Jack told Bobby if he ever needed to talk, he'd be there for him - I think that's extremely important.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by iluvspike
ok, i almost never post at all, mostly just lurk,
Please, feel free to post anytime.

Quote:
oh and to whoever suggested they might be hinting that jack commits suicide later on, oh my gosh, im going to cry at that thought.
I'm sorry. I'm just trying to put clues together to figure things out.

Quote:
did anyone notice how the episode with VP at the end still hasn't been answered?
Yes!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

As always, don't feel like rambling on but it was a good episode last night. The whole suicide thing was sad but interesting. Grace's brother was funny too. There was lots of excellent acting in last night's episode.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I am really concerned about the home life that Grace and her brother (forgot his name already) had. I mean, they are both addicts and run away from problems. I really feel badly for them, but on the other hand Grace has children and she needs to pull herself together!

I am disappointed that this show has decided to tell us that Bobby is the future President. Regardless of how much those future people tell us, I just don't see it. I still see Jack as a much better president. I still think they should've kept it a secret and let the audience see the characteristics in each boy/young man. That would've made it much more interesting.

However, we know and I am not that inspired that Bobby is the future president. The only reason I watch this show is for Jack and for Bradley Cooper's guest appearances. Oh, and I like Courtney too.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey,
That kid that killed himself, have they shown his character before? Thanks!
"You said we were destined to be together."
avie: thanks Paul!
Old 11-19-2004, 02:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ok, i almost never post at all, mostly just lurk, but just wanted to say this was succcccch a great episode. matt long was so terrific. im sad they reminded me that jack dies .
DITTO and DITTO.

This episode was awesome! I love Grace's character. Also, her brother is terrific.

Knowing Jack dies makes his "life" seem surreal. Almost like magic. This show has some nice plot lines.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Hi! I just wanted to come over and post - I've never watched the show before but I downloaded it to see Tom Cavanagh, who I adore, and I found myself completely hooked! I'm definitely going to keep watching I'm still figuring out who everyone is, but Matt Long really was awesome and the scene where Jack broke down had me sniffling away to myself! I just ... I loved the whole show