Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quotes from TV Tome:

Grace: "Somewhere Abby Hoffman is weeping."
Bobby: "Who's Abby Hoffman?"

Grace (About pot): "Okay, does anbody have a lighter?"

Grace (to Jack): "Their college kids for God's sake, When I was in college we were dropping acid and taking our shirts off. These guys, the world is blowing up around them and they're just, I don't know, so mechanical and cold. I was just trying to grease to wheels a bit."

Adult Marcus Ride: "There's nothing Grace loath so much than a Republican. She just kept saying it was so wrong. At the time I thought she meant the party itself was wrong, but looking back I think her point was more that it was wrong for him."-(Bobby)

Jack: "Where are you going?"
Grace: "Mini-meeting."
Jack: "Dressed like that?"
Grace: "Hah, where are you going?"
Jack: "Bowling."
Grace (sarcastically): "Dressed like that?"

Bobby: "Look, I don't wanna talk to you when you're like this, mom?" (Grace is stoned)
Grace: Why? I'm fine. See? I'm still me."
Bobby: You know what, I wish you were someone else."

Jack (about Bobby): He's so irratating, but he's so..."
Grace: So good.
Grace: "It's hard to raise someone who's a better person than you are. Thank your lucky stars you only had to learn that once, I had to learn it twice."
Old 09-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Addicted Fan

OMG reading these quotes only reminds how wonderful this show is.

I'm not sure of the exact words but my two favorite quotes from the past episode were:

Jack: Other kids could talk about TV shows ... All I could talk about was the plght of the Sadinistas (This one had me and my friends laughing for days)

Grace: Sisterhood is global (This quote had me convinced that Grace is my friend Kira with 2 PhDs)
Old 09-28-2004, 11:41 PM
New Fan

"It was like coming out of the closet....as an axe murder"
-- Marcus's belief of what Grace thought of Bobby being a Republican.

And

"You will fail."
-- Grace to students in the midnight speech.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Not for its dialogue eloquence, but I LOVE the running scene at the end of the pilot.

I love the line delivery of Logan and Matt. First, Bobby telling Jack he should tell Courtney that he likes her, and then Jack telling Bobby he gets too excited about things. I love the way Jack says, "Because it's not cool."

Judy
Old 10-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh you guys thank you so much for the quotes as you can see those quotes or better yet those lines that capture the entire character in that moment is just one of the many reasons why I love this show.
LUCIUS: "Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night."
Old 10-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks to TVTome:

From "A Man of Faith":
Tom: "Impressive."
Grace: "What? Her cult-like religious conditioning?"
Tom: "No, you're willingness to hear her point of view." (About Hebba)
Grace: "I swear, you could sub in anything for the word 'God' and all these people would be in the funny farm."
Old 10-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Loyal Fan

What is the line from the pilot about Warren not being special, and ending up as an accountant?

Mean sentiment but for some reason, I liked it.

Judy

icon credit: skje
Old 10-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks to TVTome!
From The First Lady:
Madison Skutcher: "It was a national crisis of spirit. McCallister lifted us from that darkness."
Jack: "Unacceptable. How's that?"
Grace: "Forceful. Articulate. But moot."

Grace: "Is sarcasm your only mode now, Jack? I mean, I know your only a teenager but it might be time to mix things up a bit."

Jack: "That was heartwarming. When's the last time you made us sandwiches?"
Grace: "When's the last time you ate cat food?"

Grace: "Bobby, how do I look?"
Bobby: "Hot."
Jack: (disgusted look) "Bobby?!?"
Bobby: "What?"
(Jack grunts and walks away.)

Bobby: "Just being different to be different, isn't that kind of fake?"

Madison Skutcher: "It [the poem] seemed like total gibberish to me. I asked him what he like about it? He replied, 'The title.' It was called 'The Great Believer.' So that's what I titled my article. Anyway, the nickname stuck."
Old 10-12-2004, 07:25 PM
New Fan

awesome quotes!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:59 AM
Banned

Thanks for those quotes from First Lady Chrissy. I'm starting to feel like I saw the episode more and more each day.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

You're welcome I love the quotes from this show - they're great We really need a huge J&B site that has transcripts, screencaps, etc I'd be on cloud nine then
Old 10-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Are any posters on this board able to make screencaps? That would be fantastic. Then we could have funny caption games/contests. .

Judy

icon credit: skje
Old 10-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

Judy - Sorry - I can't make screencaps - I tried doing that once - I taped a show, then took photos from my digital camera - that didn't work at all By the end, I could barely see straight
Old 10-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

I love this quote:

Bobby: "Just being different to be different, isn't that kind of fake?"

I just feel it's so true...I loved when Bobby said that..
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 10-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hebba's comments to Grace
from the Jack & Bobby episode, "A Man of Faith"
http://www.thewb.com/Shows/WithForma...195280,00.html

I still believe you were unfair to me that day. You judged me superficially. You look at me, and you see an oppressed Muslim woman, forced to cover her head by a misogynistic and backwards culture. That's what you meant; you see me as a victim. I don't think you see my choice in all of this...

You know, there are two girls in my hall who are anorexic, one has breast implants, and two others are considering surgery either to their body or their face. All of them obsess over their weight and their clothes and their looks. This is what your culture does to women. It suggests ideals they'll never attain, and when they fail to attain them, tells them they're worthless. You talk about my conditioning, but what you don't understand is that I am a feminist, just like you, and this is part of that. This is me saying "no" to all of the ways your culture tries to exploit me. This is me saying "yes" to my religion, and my god, not "no" to being liberated. I am liberated.