Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Into the Woods Episode Dicussion (02/09/05)

Jack (Matt Long) walks in on Grace (Christine Lahti) and Tom (Bradley Cooper) in a compromising situation and tells Grace he disapproves of her romance. Meanwhile, Bobby (Logan Lerman) convinces Grace to allow him to attend an overnight hunting trip with Peter (John Slattery), which proves to be an eye-opening experience for Bobby.

Jessica Pare, Edwin Hodge and Keri Lynn Pratt also star. Perry Lang directed the episode written by Michael Green and Jonathan Lisco.

Miss this episode? Don't worry - check out KTLA's episode summary!

Last edited by crazyforcmm; 03-04-2005 at 01:30 PM
Old 02-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Crossing my fingers for T/G, and counting down the hours.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

This episode seems great - it should be interesting to see how Peter/ Bobby interact and how Jack reacts to finding out about T/G. I'm keeping an opened mind to the whole episode because until I've seen it, I don't think I should assume certain things
Old 02-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

I'm looking forward to Bobby/Peter. We barely get to see any Peter, so this should be good. Although, the poor deer! OK, I'm assuming again.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

OK, this episode officially made J&B a candidate for HBO viewing. Damn, the most graphic thing I have ever watched on this network. Thi one was loaded with sex, drugs, and a little bit of rock n roll (with Katie's band). And of course the deer hunting.

It was well done with the intermittent hunting scenes. Mind-bogglingly cool. I couldn't tell which day was which. Also happy the have the flashforwards in there.

The Nate/Courtney scenes. Wow. Yeah, those tied with T/G for blush factor. I'm really surprised at Courtney though. OK, I thought the Tom/Grace stuff was hilarious in the beginning, but then I wanted to wring Tom's neck when they revealed that he slept with someone else after he and Grace first hooked up. The icing on that horrible-tasting cake would have been that he was with Natalie or even Leslie. He's in the promo so I don't really know how that works out.

Peter/Bobby was cute, and I liked that Bobby's reaction to the whole thing was portrayed in a real way. I was pretty shake up myself just watching it. And this goes for the whole episode.

Jack/Katie. Well, I never thought that Jack would try pot. He was alot calmer about T/G than I thought he would be, but he ripped into Grace just as bad. I think everybody in this episode was sad or close to it by the end. Trust me, I was too.

Heavy stuff.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Oh god, T/G!!!!!!!!!!! Please, guys, make up so I don't have to die.

As for G/P..........NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They can't do THAT!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Just wondering, are the future scenes back?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Yep, and they're pretty good. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed them.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Banned

I really loved the future scenes in tonights episode. I guess they just couldn't think of something to relate to for future scenes in the last episode.

Nate and Courtney are moving way to fast. I wonder if Peter is going to find out. I didn't think that Courtney or Nate would rush into their relationship like that. Especially not from Courtney.

Jack and Katie were great tonight. They had some special moments that I'm sure will live in shipper history. I didn't like that she is kind of bringing Jack towards this dark side of things. Seeing as she isn't that popular, not a perfect little blonde like Missy. I think the writers may be getting unfair with having Katie be the poor, druggie, less popular girl whom we first thought was sweet. Compared to Missy whom..has money, popular, blonde, happy, little peach. That can get on our nerves sometimes. However, we still consider her sweet and pure, for the most part...

Bobby should have never went hunting. They had to put him with Warren playing video games talking about like it was no big thing, something cool. When the time came Bobby couldn't really do it. Sure, he shot the animal but he couldn't deal with the real knowledge that he caused something as, another life to be put in that kind of pain or risk of death. That's some real emotion and the last scene with Bobby and Jack was great. Most of their scenes leave me thinking of Matt's acting skills. However, I have to give Logan some credit for that scene.

All in all, it was a good episode. I'm glad Marcus is there even if only in the background. He still wants Jack to be a part of his life. Nothing has to change just because he can not run anymore. He can still have his old friends. Marcus is trying to be there for him and I hope Jack sees that.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

TVGuide.com's Watercooler review:
Quote:
Jack & Bobby
Truth? So falling for this show. Sure, Grace is a pill, with her pious political stance on Bobby and Peter's hunting trip, but that's what makes it work. She needs to be a buzz kill to justify the boys' well-deserved irritation with her. And can I get an "Amen" on Jack's tirade after crashing her and Tom's afternoon delight? Even if Brad Cooper is yum, as my roomie would — and does — say, you just don't do it on the dining room table when school's letting out. And you definitely don't go "au naturel" with your apparently very sexually active teaching assistant. That's just wrong. Same with Courtney and Nate. "Pulling out" is never a good idea, especially when your life is literally a drama. Don't these people watch the WB?_Damian Holbrook
I'm glad that he's getting into the show now, and that he pretty much said stuff that I think alot of other poeple were thinking. I'm looking forward to seeing how the ratings were for this one.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:37 AM
New Fan

so how was the episode?
Old 02-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm guessing that the ratings were bad, because it was going up against American Idol as well...

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:33 AM
New Fan

what happened with peter and grace!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ratings are up on the news thread

I really liked this episode and I'm glad how the writers dealed with the content.

Hmm...while I like Nate/ Courtney, I just think that the sex was too soon - through what the viewer's shown, they've only known each other a couple weeks to maybe a month - I just think that's too soon - you barely know that person.

I liked the Peter/ Bobby interaction - that peanut m&m/ deer poop line was funny I was gagging just watching it

Um, I liked the developing relationship of Katie/ Jack - I like that she's giving Jack a different image than Missy.

I think all in all that Jack's main reason why he was upset with the realization of T/G was just protecting his mom - I liked how you got his original option, then realizing he may have been too harsh, told his mom his second or adapted opinion.

I was kind of confused with the future scenes - Bobby was shot, but it wasn't a gun that was included in the gun bill? Someone help! Thanks
Old 02-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

I was kind of glad to see J&B prove that it could have sexuality in it. I don't want it to always be like that, but sometimes it can be better.

As for N/C, do we know how much time has passed between now and ANF? It could be a while. Maybe. I don't know.

As far as Jack goes, he may just be protective of his mom. But really, was it necessary to call her lonely and pathetic again?!