Good. We need them.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Total Fan

Yeah b/c of all you downers here!
Old 05-07-2005, 06:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCongeniality
I'm going to try not to be too doomsday about all this until I hear from the WB themselves on the 17th what's going on. Janollari is the president and I think that if in his heart he thinks the show should stay, it will. What kind of company is this if the opinion of the man in charge isn't counted for anything?
Thanks for saying that, MissCongeniality! Janollari has been incredibly supportive of the show in the past, and I really hope that he decides to choose quality over quantity (of money). If you think about it, new pilots are pretty risky too and hardly a guarantee that viewership will be high. The WB is not a network that frequently gets notice by the critics and the big awards, and if nothing else, that should count for something!

I'm going throw my hat into the ring for those being optimistic and wait for the official word. As the LJ poster said, it's not official yet, and there have been times in the past when networks have changed their minds up 'til the big day or even after.

If they do renew the show (and dear god, please!), they should really consider showing reruns of the show from the pilot onwards during the summer so that new viewers will have a chance to get into the show and hopefully increase ratings next season. One of the big problems has been the long hiatuses this season since it's really hard to get into a new show if you have no idea what's been going on all this time.

I'm crossing my fingers...
Old 05-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Keepin' them crossed.

Just to veer from the depressing stuff. My affiliate posted some pretty light news for J&B.
Quote:
Kudos to Christine
Congratulations to Christine Lahti, who won a Prism award for her portrayal of Grace. The award recognizes accurate depictions of drug, alcohol and tobacco use and addiction in television, feature film, video, music and comic book entertainment.
Congrats Christine!
Quote:
Matt's New Flick
Matt Long talks to MTV about his role in the Nicholas Cage comic-book flick "Ghost Rider." "It's about this guy named Johnny Blaze, who makes a deal with the devil to save his father from terminal cancer. I play young Johnny Blaze and Nic Cage plays Johnny Blaze in his 30s. The movie starts with me, and then it flashes forward to him in his 30s, where the devil comes back to collect on his bargain." Long flies to Australia to begin filming on May 15. Read the article (you'll have to scroll down a bit)!
Quote:
The Best of TV: Christine Lahti
Chicago Tribune discuss the best of this year's television season, and Grace McCallister is near the top of their list: "It strikes me that one of the less explored virtues of this TV season is that it took a big step forward for female characters. There seem to be more women ("Desperate Housewives," "Grey's Anatomy," "Alias" and "Medium"); more older women (Christine Lahti on "Jack and Bobby," Glenn Close on "The Shield"); and a heck of a lot of take-charge women ("Jack & Bobby," "Veronica Mars," "Medium," "Desperate Housewives," "Boston Legal," "Law & Order" and "The Shield")." Read the rest of the article!
I hope this cheers someone up.

All news blurbs lifted from www.wb11.com
Old 05-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Total Fan

Old 05-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hardly surprising that J&B 99.9% certainly will be cancelled. Sucks though. Sucks just like when Boomtown was ruined and then canned three episodes into season 2. In this case, J&B is just getting canned. On the other hand, I'll try to find some good in it. The show can't go 'West Wing' on me, nor is it going to end on a low, at least I hope not (I wasn't so wild on the latest episode, i must say). This might mean that Christine will do some more directing, something which I think she does brilliantly. Also, watch the show scoop a few Emmys, or at least Emmy nominations this fall to make the WB feel really stupid for having canned it.

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It doesn't look good but nothing is official yet. I keep my fingers crossed for the show. We need good stuff on tv!!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

The WB is definitely going to look stupid come fall, if J&B is not on the air. The performances that Christine has put out since the Golden Globes and SAGs have been incredible and I'm sure she'll get nominated again.

More stuff with J&B mentions: here and here ...
Old 05-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Candy! *Chris love*
Old 05-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thx Candy Gone check the links out...
Old 05-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

GIVE CHRIS A BLOODY EMMY! There, ok, said my bit........
Old 05-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofacat
GIVE CHRIS A BLOODY EMMY! There, ok, said my bit........
... Yea, she definetly deserves one!

kenny | credit