Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey y'all,

I posted this information on the Bradley Cooper appreciation thread but brought it over here in case someone didn't see it who might be interested.

This article has been posted RE: Bradley's role on Jack and Bobby. Warning, for those who don't want to know--it's spoilerish information.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...932|1|,00.html

Judy

icon credit: skje
Old 10-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi everybody,

AOL has posted its next preview clip of the upcoming episode. Go to AOL Videos and Search "Jack and Bobby" (if you use the ampersand sometimes it doesn't come up). It's a Missy/Jack/Courtney clip.

Judy

Old 10-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fast National ratings for Sunday, Oct. 10, 2004.
ABC dominated the late evening with new dramas, but CBS was able to hold off the resurgent network thanks to early evening strength. That's the storyline that Sundays followed last year as well, only with CBS holding off NBC. Instead, NBC has staked its claim only to third place on the busy evening.

Overall, CBS averaged an 8.4 rating/14 share, just barely better than ABC's 8.2/13. NBC was well back in third with a 6.4/10, still at least beating FOX's 5.7/9 and the 1.9/3 for The WB.

Among adults 18-49, ABC scored an easy win, doing a 5.6 rating in the key demographic. The other three networks were in a clump with NBC's 3.3 rating in second, followed by FOX's 3.2 and the 3.0 rating for CBS. The WB trailed in the key demographic with a 1.3 rating.
CBS began the night in first with the 8.2/14 for "60 Minutes." The end of FOX's NFL coverage and the beginning of the baseball playoff game between the Dodgers and Cardinals averaged a 7.6/14 for FOX. "Dateline NBC" did a 5.2/10, comfortably beating ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" and "Steve Harvey's Big Time" on The WB.

At 8 p.m. "Cold Case" kept CBS on top with a 10.0/15. ABC grabbed second with "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" which went from a 7.4/12 in its first 30 minutes to a 9.2/14 in its second half. FOX baseball dipped to third. On NBC, "American Dreams" had a 4.5/7 for fourth, as "Charmed" was fifth with a 2.9/5 for The WB.

ABC took control at 9 p.m. as "Desperate Housewives" dipped only slightly in its second week, doing a 12.2/19, easily the night's most watched program. NBC was second with the 8.0/13 for "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." On CBS the movie "While I Was Gone" had a drooping 7.9/12 for third. FOX baseball was fourth, as The WB's "Jack & Bobby" continued to falter with a 1.6/2.

Despite losing much of the "Desperate Housewives" audience, freshman drama "Boston Legal" won the 10 p.m. hour for ABC with an 8.1/14. NBC's "Crossing Jordan" stayed second with an 8.0/14. CBS' movie was a close third.

Aaa! We need to get more fans watching
Old 10-12-2004, 04:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

What? That's it? I swear I thought more people tuned in. This sucks. At least we got the full season pickup which will give the show time to attract a wider audience.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Banned

Yeah the rating were horrible. I'm happy that the WB has given us a chance to build up the fan base though. We are thinking of ways to get new fans here.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Jay
Master Fan

yikes...that doesn't sound right....the ratings..but oh well at least WB has ordered a full season regardless of ratings
Old 10-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Pop Culture
Producer Discusses 'Jack & Bobby'
Listen [Click link below to listen]

Morning Edition, October 13, 2004 · Steve Cohen talks about the show he co-created for the WB network, Jack & Bobby. The show portrays the childhood of a made-for-TV future president and his brother. Cohen, an ex-White House staffer, came up with the idea while traveling through Hope, Ark., with former President Bill Clinton. Hear Cohen and NPR's Renee Montagne.
NPR
Old 10-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

"Jack & Bobby" (Sunday, WB, 9 p.m.) gets stronger with every episode. The series nicely weaves present with the future while slyly revealing a little bit more about President McCallister. And sure it's great to have Bradley Cooper back on prime time and, yes, Matthew Long has already proven he's much more than merely a pretty face. But this season's real discovery is the fabulous Logan Lerman. He's turning in a performance that somehow makes the viewer see in his face the man he will become while never losing the child he currently is.
Zap2It - TV Gal **take note this page DOES have spoilers on it!**
Old 10-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Chrissy, thanks for the last two news blurbs! I loved hearing J&B talked about on NPR and it's nice to hear both Matt and Logan being praised for their wonderful acting talents. It's a delight to watch them every week.

Judy

Old 10-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

At 9 p.m. "Desperate Housewives" continued its early season momentum with a 12.8/18 and the night's highest 18-49 ratings. FOX's baseball was steady with a 9.8/14. On NBC, a stunt episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" allowed viewers to choose the ending and did a 7.0/10 in its first half-hour and exploded to an 8.9/13 in its second. Going in the other direction was CBS' Rob Lowe telefilm "Perfect Strangers," which did an 8.8/13 in its first half-hour and then the botton dropped out, leaving it with a 5.5/8 in its second 30 minutes. On The WB, "Jack & Bobby" reached its lowest ratings of the young season.
Zap2It

Aww! We need to find a way to get more fans into this show! Have ideas, please visit the Attracting new fans to J&B thread
Old 10-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Banned

That's very bad news for such a great episode. I know that it is early but it might be that we will only get one season. We need to brainstorm on things that we the fans can help with. Follow Chrissy's link. Any ideas are welcome even if think that they are crazy or stupid. It's better to say something then to not have this show continue and reach it's full potential.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:49 AM
Loyal Fan

I saw this article in the WB Talk Forum for J&B:

>>Monday, October 18, 2004

Hail to the Teen!
A vote of confidence for Jack & Bobby

by Matt Roush

What's a future leader of America doing on an underdog network like WB? Struggling, that's what. Facing killer competition on Sundays, the ambitious and surprisingly moving family drama Jack & Bobby, about the not-so-sentimental education of a boy who will be president, has been trailing in the ratings. But in a surprise move of foresight, WB has given the show the vote that counts: a full-season pickup.

Now it's up to viewers to rally to the cause. It's worth it, even though Jack & Bobby does take getting used to.

Like its title characters — Jack (Matt Long), the jock who just wants to be average, and Bobby (Logan Lerman), the misfit kid brother who's destined for greatness — the show is often a collision of styles. It's partly a typical WB series of adolescent angst (the Jack part) and partly an inspirational coming-of-age drama (the Bobby part) about a kid still searching for his identity.

Each week, we get tantalizing clues about the man Bobby will grow up to be. Though raised by a defiantly activist, secular-humanist, feminist, pot-smoking professor mom, played to the hilt by the electrifying Christine Lahti, Bobby will forge his own path as a Republican and a reverend. (We're told he will be betrayed by his party, causing him to run and win as an independent.)

The boys are appealing, but it's Lahti as the pushy, maddening Grace who gives the show distinction. "It's hard to raise someone who's a better person than you are," she says, while refusing to settle for less for her children or the world she lives in.

Grace for president? Maybe on the Sci Fi Channel.

>>(found on tvguide.com)

I have to confess, the only problem I have with this article is that it doesn't give enough credit to Matt Long and Logan Lerman. I also would like to see the show balance Jack and Bobby's futures a little more, b/c it does feel like Jack is only there for the teen angle. Calling his story "typical WB" fare sounded a bit insulting, IMO. I watch the two for the balance of elements.

Is there a way/email link to thank Matt Roush for the article?

Judy

Old 10-20-2004, 02:43 AM
Loyal Fan

WB switches J&B, Mountain timeslots

Hi everyone,

I'm sure we'll hear more about it, but Variety has just reported that the WB has moved J&B to Wednesdays, pairing it with Smallville. It should start airing next week (?) on Wednesdays at 9.

Here's the excerpt from the Variety news release:

>>In other scheduling news:

As a show of support for "The Mountain," the WB has ordered four extra scripts of the Warner Bros. TV sudser.

Despite good reviews and extensive marketing, "Jack & Bobby" has steadily declined since its premiere. Its most recent seg finished eighth among adults 18-34, behind four broadcast webs and three cablers.

WB Entertainment prexy David Janollari said he's still committed to the show and cited its "consistent retention of teens and female teens out of (lead-in) 'Charmed.' "

"Patient nurturing has long presaged success for WB dramas, and by pairing 'Smallville' with 'Jack & Bobby,' we think we have two powerful shows with dual audience entry points and strong upscale appeal," he added.

Janollari said "The Mountain" should "prove more compatible with a fun show like 'Charmed.' "

Judy

Last edited by JudyC; 10-20-2004 at 04:21 AM
Old 10-20-2004, 04:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Christine Lahti on Regis & Kelly tomorrow!

Hey you guys,

The forums at TV Tome and the WB are saying that Christine Lahti will be a guest on Regis & Kelly tomorrow, Oct 20. I didn't go to the official site though, it would be a good thing to keep an eye on.

Judy

Old 10-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Banned

Jack & Bobby with Smallville is going to be an improvement. I can see The Mountain moving with Charmed too. Both of them are going for the sex appeal at least that is what I starting to feel. Back to J&B... Smallville is a better match considering that both shows are about the journey of how the characters will get to that point in the future. J&B just shows us both the present and future. Most people already know the future of Clark Kent.

Thanks Judy.