Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2004, 01:59 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm a bit concerned about the ratings as well. It's been dropping significantly from it's lead-in, Charmed (which has no compatibility with J&B anyways). So I do hope the ratings improve within the next few weeks. Although, next Sunday is the premiere of Desperate Housewives. J&B is not going to fare well against it. IMO, the best option would be timeslot change. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see.

crazyforcmm, I'm going to have to disagree with that last bit (re: Tarzan, Black Sash, BoP, etc.) *lol*
Old 09-28-2004, 02:58 AM
Loyal Fan

It would work best with Everwood.

And no offense to Charmed fans, but it frustrates me that that show has stayed on the air so long when there are other shows I've enjoyed that got the ax.

JudyC
Old 09-28-2004, 04:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

The timeslot just don't fit. When I heard it was going to be paired with Charmed, it just didn't make sense to me.

I watched both BoP and Tarzan, but I could see in both cases how they were cancelled. BoP I think had great potential, but in a lot of ways I thought it was poorly executed. Tarzan...the concept doomed it from the start, IMO.

~Kat
Old 09-28-2004, 06:18 AM
Banned

I'm starting to get concerned as well. I think that the show would be a better fit with 7th Heaven or Everwood. Charmed is family but it's too fantasy for Jack & Bobby. From my impression Sunday night time slots along with Monday would bring in more mature audiences. They could move I hate to say it but Smallville to Sundays or Charmed to Weds. Then Match up 7th Heaven with The Mountain on Sun. and Jack & Bobby with Everwood on Mon.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

I forgot about those shows - I was thinking more so OTH last year - it was awful ratings-wise for the first month, but its audience slowly increased.

I agree- it doesn't pair well with having Charmed as a lead in and it would make more sense to pair the two fantasy shows - Charmed and Smallville together while having Jack and Bobby with more of a dramatic show..,
Old 09-30-2004, 02:46 AM
New Fan

"JACK & BOBBY" RECEIVES FULL SEASON PICK-UP FROM THE WB NETWORK

THE WB STEPS UP TO REWARD THE QUALITY DRAMA FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS GREG BERLANTI, MICKEY LIDDELL AND THOMAS SCHLAMME

CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED NEW DRAMA ALSO WINS THE POPULAR VOTE IN UPSCALE HOUSEHOLDS
BURBANK, CA (September 29, 2004) - The WB has made a full-season 22-episode commitment to its highly acclaimed new drama JACK & BOBBY, making it the first new fall series from any network to be picked up for the full season. The announcement was made today by David Janollari, The WB's President, Entertainment.

"Great television doesn't come along every day, and that's why we're picking up 'Jack and Bobby,'" said Janollari. "It's a beautifully written, sophisticated show guided by Greg Berlanti, Mickey Liddell, Thomas Schlamme and Vanessa Taylor, with superb performances by an elegant cast led by the incomparable Christine Lahti and two of the most exciting young actors to come along in years, Logan Lerman and Matt Long. We are so proud to give the entire cast and crew a full-season pick-up, and the fact that it's quickly become an upscale program for advertisers is a huge positive for us."

The WB has long been synonymous with nurturing quality dramas, such as 7th HEAVEN, GILMORE GIRLS, ONE TREE HILL and BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. JACK & BOBBY, from Warner Bros. Television, has received universal acclaim from the nation's top television critics and according to Nielsen Media Research, JACK & BOBBY has attracted an overwhelming concentration of upscale viewers with incomes over $100,000, making it a big hit with advertisers.

JACK & BOBBY has proven to be an upscale property for The WB, as the show's premiere delivered viewers in homes with household incomes of $100,000+ (143 index), viewers in homes with household incomes of $75,000+ (130 index), including adults 18-34 in those households (111 index), according to data from Nielsen Media Research. The strong upscale performance of the JACK & BOBBY premiere puts it in the company of other notable fall premieres with an the upscale skew (HHI $75,000+), including the premieres of "Law & Order" (123), "C.S.I." (122 index) and "C.S.I.: Miami" (123 index).

JACK & BOBBY stars Christine Lahti ("Chicago Hope") as an eccentric college professor and single mother to two boys - Jack (newcomer Matthew Long) and Bobby (Logan Lerman, "The Butterfly Effect"), one of whom grows up to be President of the United States in the year 2040. Set in the fictional town of Hart, Missouri, the series details the relationship and the people who shape their values and personalities as Bobby grows to become one of the greatest visionary Presidents in history. The most dominant force in their lives is their mother, Grace, who drives her younger son to his date with greatness.

Created by Berlanti & Vanessa Taylor and Steve Cohen & Brad Meltzer, JACK & BOBBY is executive produced by Berlanti, Mickey Liddell and Schlamme. Taylor and Andrew Ackerman ("Everwood") serve as co-executive producers.

Credit: TheWb.com

A wise girl kisses-
but doesn't Love,
Listens- but doesn't Believe,
and Leaves-
before she is Left.

People are aways tellin you
that -change- is a good thing
but what they are really sayin
is that something you didn`t
want to happen . . just did .
Old 09-30-2004, 03:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the great news!

Judy
Old 09-30-2004, 03:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes, yes, yes! That's great news.

Though, what do household incomes have to do with ratings? Do they not want me because I'm poor? *lol*

Last edited by Terpsichore; 09-30-2004 at 03:35 AM
Old 09-30-2004, 04:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Fabulous news. I need all the tv I can get having noticed a gaping hole where hockey used to be so it's great that this renewal happened so early on. Now we can just sit back and see where the show is going to take us.

Terpsichore, to answer your question, the reason that the WB covets the high household incomes is because it allows them to market their advertising slots to those companies whose products are more upscale and costly. Because so few shows can lay claim to attracting large numbers of this socio-economic group, the WB can get more in advertising revenue because advertising during Jack and Bobby will reach the advertising company's elusive target market. I hope that helps.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the news ~*Binky*~ I'm so happy
Old 09-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the great news Binky! I'm so happy that the show got picked up for the season.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

I'm so happy! I heard the news and it's awesome! I'm very proud of the WB for letting it have time to grow.
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 10-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Banned

A full season is wonderful news. I'm glad that the Wb is allowing this show to really exlpore the depth of which it was created for. I wonder if there is any news on The Mountain yet.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the explanation, Beleafer. Makes more sense know.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Full season pickup, yeah!

Now we just need to keep posting so that this board stays around.