Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-16-2004, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, but I think it scored high with young females, and that wasn't the direction they were going in. I think that was the direction they were trying to avoid. I think they are aiming for an adult audience. Oh, well. A hit is a hit.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand them wanting to have an adult fanbase also, but I think a solid fanbase is what you're looking for when you want a show to be successful, whether it be more of adults or teens. JMO.

And you guys are welcome for the ratings article.

Old 09-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm guessing this is where I should post this question... Does anybody know if there are any Jack & Bobby fansites up yet?

icon credit
Old 09-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been checking for websites for a few days now, and I haven't found any yet.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

I want to know when does this show air? And how many episodes have been shown?

Thank You.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sunday nights at 8 Central, and two episodes have aired so far.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Does anyone have the ratings for the second episode?

~Kat
Old 09-23-2004, 08:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Here's the daily rating from Zap2It:

Emmys Can't Push ABC Ahead of CBS on Sunday
(Monday, September 20 08:07 AM)
Fast National ratings for Sunday, Sept. 19, 2004.
The 56th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards aired on ABC, but the television kudosfest didn't exactly smile on ABC's programming. Just as the network had to be satisfied with scattered trophies like James Spader's win for "The Practice," ABC had to be satisfied with a second place finish from the Emmy telecast, as CBS won yet another Sunday night.

In a large upset, CBS won the night with a 9.2 rating/15 share, beating ABC's 8.2/14. NBC rode a strong performance from "Titanic" to a 5.8/10, while FOX had a 3.0/5 for fourth. The WB trailed with a 2.0/3.

Among adults 18-49, CBS had a 4.2 rating, leaving ABC in second in the key demographic with a 3.9 rating. NBC was third with a 3.3 rating, topping FOX's 2.2 and the 1.3 rating for NBC.
CBS began the night in first with the evening's highest rated show, "60 Minutes," which did a 12.4/23. The first hour of "Titanic" on NBC did a 4.5/8 for second, as viewers shunned ABC's "Countdown to the Emmys," which was third. On FOX, "King of the Hill" and the first hour of "Speed" averaged a 2.7/5, still an improvement over "Steve Harvey's Big Time" on The WB.

"Cold Case" did a 9.1/15 for CBS, helping the network beat the 9.0/15 first hour of the Emmys on ABC. NBC's movie sunk to third for the hour. FOX had a 2.9/5 for "Speed," while "Charmed" was right behind with a 2.8/4 for The WB.

Finally at 9 p.m. the Emmys moved ABC into first, doing a 10.0/15, though CBS was still a respectable second with "CSI: Miami." On NBC, "Titanic" continued to rise, taking a 6.1/9 for the hour, while FOX's movie also maintained its position. On The WB, the second week of "Jack & Bobby" took a large hit, falling to a 2.0/3.

ABC closed the night with another hourly win as the Emmys ended with a 9.7/16. CBS' "Without a Trace" did a 7.3/12 for second, edging the climax of "Titanic" on NBC.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Aww..that sucks...but it's understandable since the Emmys were on...I'm sure it will do much better next week
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 09-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby Belle
Sunday nights at 8 Central, and two episodes have aired so far.
Thank you sooo much!
Old 09-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

I was worried about the ratings decline, but I realized that the Emmys were on and that's probably why the J&B ratings were so crappy. Hopefully it'll do better tonight.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 09-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

ABC Soars With 'Extreme' Sunday Premieres
(Sunday, September 26 11:54 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fast National Ratings for Sunday, Sept. 26, 2004.
Although CBS will claim an overall ratings win for Sunday night, ABC scored a large hit with the season premiere of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and a solid success with the series launch of "Wife Swap" to win among viewers and in a rout in the key demographic.

Overall, CBS averaged an 8.2 rating/13 share, beating ABC's 7.6/12, however, ABC pulled in 12.56 million viewers on average, better than the 11.87 million for CBS. NBC was third with a 6.9/11, beating FOX's football-aided 5.3/9. The WB had a 2.3/4 for the evening.

ABC did a 5.2 rating among adults 18-49 to trounce the competition. NBC was second with a 3.6 rating and FOX was third with a 3.5. CBS was a distant fourth with a 2.5 rating, still better than The WB's 1.6 rating.
FOX's NFL overrun put the network in first with a 10.3/18 for the 7 p.m. hour. CBS was second with an unimpressive 7.2/13 for "60 Minutes." NBC aired "Dateline" for a 5.7/10 and third place. ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" was fourth, beating "Steve Harvey's Big Time" on The WB.

ABC grabbed first at 8 p.m. with the 8.4/13 for the first hour of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." CBS was second for the hour with the tepid 6.1/10 premiere of the baseball drama "Clubhouse," which actually finished in fifth for the hour in the 18-49 demographic. The season premiere of "American Dreams" had a 5.6/9 on NBC. FOX was fourth with the "Fashion Rocks" special and The WB had a 3.0/5 for "Charmed."

The second hour of "Extreme Makeover" improved to a 10.9/16, holding off the first hour of CBS' Christine Lahti movie "Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman." NBC finished third with the 8.0/12 premiere for "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." FOX's special was fourth, barely holding off Lahti's other project, The WB's "Jack & Bobby," which was at a 2.0/3.

CBS moved into first to close the night with the 10.3/17 for "Middle-Aged Woman." NBC's "Crossing Jordan" premiere improved slightly on its lead-in and went to second. On ABC, "Wife Swap" won the hour among adults 18-49 and did a 7.3/12 overall.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm getting concerned about the ratings....but it's still early, right?

Judy (trying not to worry)
Old 09-27-2004, 09:36 PM
New Fan

I would love not to worry about ratings, but unfortunately they are likely going to be a fact of life for fans for the first year at least -- and that's if we get a full year. Suffice it to say that if ratings don't improve by the end of November the show is done.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbesian
I would love not to worry about ratings, but unfortunately they are likely going to be a fact of life for fans for the first year at least -- and that's if we get a full year. Suffice it to say that if ratings don't improve by the end of November the show is done.
I wouldn't really worry about ratings with the WB - they tend to keep shows longer than other networks might, thus giving them more of a chance to find an audience and expand upon it