Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-29-2004, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks again Dennis! I believe that only random subscribers were sent the DVD in their magazine- you can't purchase it at newsstands.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

i did not know that, thank you.
yes i am a suscriber.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
from tvtome.com

August 31, 2004

Jack and Bobby on E! Columnist Top List

E! Online Columnist Kirstin Veitch (who's a regular TV spoiler) dishes out on what she thinks are the top 5 best new shows coming out this fall on network television. She chose Jack and bobby at #3...

3. Jack & Bobby (WB)
Sun.; premieres Sept. 12

What It's About: Two high school brothers, Jack and Bobby (played by newcomers Matt Long and Logan Lerman) grow up with a controlling single mother (Christine Lahti). One of the boys ultimately becomes the President of the United States, and the show flashes forward to the year 2049 in interstitials.

What You Need to Know: Break out the Kleenex. This heart-tugging, sentimental little gem comes from Tommy Schlamme of The West Wing (who also happens to be Christine Lahti's hubby) and one of my very favorite TV producers--Greg Berlanti, who gave us the goodness that is Everwood.

Here's how Greg explains the setup of J&B: "The interstitials we use tell you something about the mythology of the show, the future, what's happening in 2049. They are very suspenseful, because they set up a story about what happened that week in the administration. It's like having a mystery that pays off every single time."

And it doesn't hurt that Jack and Bobb-o are adorable.

Bottom Line: Vote for Jack & Bobby.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
from news.yahoo.com

Entertainment - Variety

'Jack & Bobby' (WB) vs. 'Desperate Housewives' (ABC), 9 p.m.

Sun Aug 29, 9:22 PM ET

Rick Kissell, STAFF

What's at stake: A pair of intriguing new dramas butt heads in an hour that also includes NBC's tough "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (but at least they don't have HBO's "The Sopranos" to worry about). Neither net has had great success in this timeslot, so both shows may get the time needed to build an audience.

ABC perspective: The Alphabet's drama woes in recent years have been well chronicled, but no skein appears to have a better chance at reversing that trend than this sexy soap about a group of female friends who live in the same suburban cul de sac. While the family-friendly "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" wouldn't seem the ideal lead-in, it's ABC's hottest show among young adults.

WB perspective: This drama, the tale of a pair of teenage brothers in the Heartland -- one of whom eventually will become president -- is one of the most ambitious efforts from the Frog in recent years and could connect with a broader aud than typically watches the net. First, though, it must overcome a title that just doesn't work (it's not about the Kennedys!) and a challenging sked situation: fantasy hour "Charmed" is far from the ideal lead-in.

Bottom line: There might be some overlap between these two dramas, so the WB's early preem date for "Jack & Bobby" could give it the extra boost it needs to attract viewers early. "Desperate Housewives" looks to be one of the best bets of the fall season, and could be the show to put ABC on the road to a ratings recovery
Old 09-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for posting that,Subject. I didn't even realize they'd be on at the same time. Of course, J&B will be my priority. I think they wrote that J&B paragraph very well. It is incredibly ambitious of the WB and I'm very proud I hope they get a large, broad audience.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

From ew.com:

Jack & Bobby
WB Sundays, 9 p.m. Premieres Sept. 12

THE DEAL Brothers Jack (Matt Long, right) and Bobby (Logan Lerman, left) are two present-day teenagers destined for a great future in politics -- one of them will become President. But for now, they're just trying to survive high school and their demanding professor mom (''Chicago Hope'' star Christine Lahti).

WHAT IT'S LIKE ''Smallville'' with a futuristic political edge

FUN FACT In real life, Matt Long is perfect presidential material -- the newbie actor was a dedicated Boy Scout. Really.

WHY YOU NEED TO KNOW IT Following in the footsteps of other smart, original WB shows like ''Buffy'' and ''Everwood,'' ''Jack & Bobby'' could be a favorite with both teens and grown-ups.

WILL WE WATCH? The real-life election is months away, but this fresh-sounding drama already seems worthy of our vote.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

I was listening to my fav radio show this morning on my way to work and the author {Brad Meltzer) of a book called One Zero...or something like that...was on. I didn't know that he and a friend were the ones that pitched the story to the WB. He talked about their experience and the thought process behind the show. I'll look for a recap of it.

I thought I'd post tt here if anyone was interested.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

So whats the full cast?
Old 09-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by PuReDrEaMeR05
So whats the full cast?
from tvtome.com

Edwin Hodge - Marcus French
Christine Lahti - Grace McCallister
Logan Lerman - Bobby McCallister
Matthew Long (II) - Jack McCallister
Jessica Pare - Courtney Benedict
John Slattery - Peter Benedict

Mariael311 I would love to hear the interview.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I found this at ET.com

"Jack & Bobby" tells the story of the McCallister brothers, one of whom becomes the president of the United States in the year 2040. The series follows their challenging childhoods, beginning with their eccentric and neurotic mother (Lahti), who wants the best for her boys, which is why she named them after the Kennedys.

"Grace, my character, was definitely looking to link her sons to those great men when she named them Jack and Bobby," Christine tells ET. "She has high hopes for them. She wants people to think of those great men when they think of her sons, and she wants her boys to aspire to greatness."

The end result of having an overprotective mother is that Bobby (Lerman) winds up an asthmatic child with very few friends, whose intellectual interests make him a social misfit. Jack, on the other hand, is the big brother everyone wishes they had. He is charming, bright and athletic, and at odds with his eccentric mother.

"Jack is the kid that everybody wants to be in high school, and I was not that kid," Matt tells ET. "I wasn't nearly as athletic as Jack was. People knew who I was because I did a lot of theater and they knew my face. As far as how I relate to Jack, I remember what it is like to be in high school. It wasn't that far off for me. I remember the anger I had toward my parents when they would put limitations on me. When you are a kid you get really upset, but Jack's anger is more elevated than that of regular kids."

For his part, Logan says, "Bobby is more interested in educational stuff than into fun sports stuff. He is more intelligent and naive than most people my age. [But as the series begins], he is starting high school and needs to figure out the reality. Thank God, I am not like Bobby. Hopefully, I am as intelligent as him, and very wiling to do stuff if I think it is right. I have a lot of courage. I think that is our only similarity."

Old 09-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mariael311
I was listening to my fav radio show this morning on my way to work and the author {Brad Meltzer) of a book called One Zero...or something like that...was on. I didn't know that he and a friend were the ones that pitched the story to the WB. He talked about their experience and the thought process behind the show. I'll look for a recap of it.

I thought I'd post tt here if anyone was interested.
That sounds really interesting. If you do find a recap, I'd love to read it!
Old 09-16-2004, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I found the ratings information for the pilot on the WB.com and thought I would post it.

JACK & BOBBY scored a Presidential-sized victory among young women in its premiere. The critically acclaimed drama achieved a NEW ALL-TIME RECORD for a fall premiere on The WB in its time period (Sunday 9:00 pm) among women 12-34 (3.3/9) and women 18-34 (2.6/7). Additionally, JACK & BOBBY achieved The WB's BEST RATINGS EVER for a Sunday fall series debut in any time period among women 12-34 (3.3/9), women 18-34 (2.6/7) and women 18-49 (2.6/6) and the second highest ever in female teens (5.2/17).[/B]

I'm so glad the show did really well.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by funniehunnie88
I found the ratings information for the pilot on the WB.com and thought I would post it.

JACK & BOBBY scored a Presidential-sized victory among young women in its premiere. The critically acclaimed drama achieved a NEW ALL-TIME RECORD for a fall premiere on The WB in its time period (Sunday 9:00 pm) among women 12-34 (3.3/9) and women 18-34 (2.6/7). Additionally, JACK & BOBBY achieved The WB's BEST RATINGS EVER for a Sunday fall series debut in any time period among women 12-34 (3.3/9), women 18-34 (2.6/7) and women 18-49 (2.6/6) and the second highest ever in female teens (5.2/17).

I'm so glad the show did really well. [/B]

wow. how awesome. thank you for posting that I'm so happy for them! I hope the cast went out to celebrate, because I know there must be a lot of pressure on them for the show to succeed (since it would be their job for the coming years). And it set a record...that's fantastic! I'm glad that if the WB had any doubts, they can now be put to rest
Old 09-16-2004, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the ratings funniehunnie88, I'm glad that the show did well. Hopefully the ratings will continue to go up.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:42 AM
Elite Fan

That is great news. I'm sure the WB is very pleased.