Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

The HartBeat #1: News Thread

Want to download the pilot of 'Jack & Bobby' Online before it actually premieres? Read more HERE
Old 08-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Banned

thanks i love that preview
Old 08-14-2004, 03:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Bradley Cooper joins cast of "Jack & Bobby"

Bradley Cooper

Wed Aug 11, 6:23 PM ET

Jill Feiwell, Ben Fritz, STAFF

Former "Alias" regular Bradley Cooper has landed a new steady TV gig over at the WB.

Cooper has joined the cast of "Jack & Bobby," which will air opposite "Alias" on Sunday nights once "Alias" returns in January. "Jack and Bobby" preems on the Frog Sept. 12.

Drama concerns two brothers, one of whom is elected president of the United States in 2040.

WBTV is producing along with former "The West Wing" helmer Thomas Schlamme's Shoe Money Prods. and "Everwood" creator Greg Berlanti's Berlanti-Liddell shingle.

Cooper recently wrapped New Line's "The Wedding Crashers."
Old 08-14-2004, 05:19 AM
Elite Fan

We're getting Bradley Cooper? This is such great news! I can't wait to find out about his role. I'm very excited to see him now.

Thanks for the news, Melissa.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Loyal Fan

No problem. I had the news sent to me and I got all excited. My only problem is that the show will eventually be airing opposite Alias. But honestly, that's why I have both Tivo and a vcr. I'll Tivo whatever Bradley is on and videotape the other. Not that Alias has been the same for me since Bradley left, anyway, but that's another story.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

I'm excited just to see him on something. I've missed him on Alias, so having him on a show I'm actually looking forward to is even better.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Re: Bradley Cooper joins cast of "Jack & Bobby"

Quote:
Originally posted by *Melissa
Former "Alias" regular Bradley Cooper has landed a new steady TV gig over at the WB.
!!! Now I can't wait to see this series even more
I agree Roxy, I've missed him on Alias too and I'm a little disappointed that JJ isn't snagging him back to be in season 4 if he'll be on J&B instead It'll be great to see him again though.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sorvino Knows 'Jack' for The WB
(Tuesday, August 17 12:28 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Paul Sorvino, who's played cops and mobsters for much of his acting career, is ascending to the highest TV office in the land.
Sorvino has signed on to guest-star as the president of the United States in The WB's new drama "Jack & Bobby," according to The Hollywood Reporter. The part could become a recurring role on the series.

"Jack & Bobby" takes place mostly in the present day, when it follows brothers Jack and Bobby McCallister (Matt Long and Logan Lerman), one of whom is destined to be elected president in 2040. Christine Lahti ("Chicago Hope") also stars as the boys' mother.

The show also flashes ahead to President McCallister's time in the White House, which is where Sorvino will appear. He'll play the president who precedes McCallister in office, and inadvertently helps McCallister win the election.
Sorvino was a regular on "Law & Order" in that show's second and third seasons and also starred in the CBS series "That's Life" from 2000-02. His movie credits include "Goodfellas," "Romeo + Juliet," "Bulworth" and the upcoming "Mr. 3000."

Old 08-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Does anyone know the song that's playing during the previews of Jack & Bobby? Or the group who sings it? If you do, please pm me! Thanks!!

~Shannon~
Old 08-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

I saw a commerical for JACK AND BOBBY today in the movie theatres, in my Regal Theatres. Very cool, it was the "recognize greatness" one.
This is the first time in history a TheWB show has been advertised in the movie theatres during the previews.

-Dennis
Old 08-22-2004, 11:57 PM
Extreme Fan

wow! that's awesome!!! i was at the movies on friday for the Princess Diaries 2 and wasn't as lucky as you didn't show it at my theatre. i'm glad they've started doing that though, it'll bring a lot more people in, maybe
Old 08-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

i caught a glimpse of a poster for jack and bobby being advertised on NYC buses and trains.

does anyone have any photos? this is so awesome that the wb is adverising this show to become the "hit" of the season, they did it with countless numbers of shows that became instant hits on the network, like OTH, smallville, everwood, buffy, charmed, with the exception of tarzan, which bombed.

go jack and bobby!

-dennis
Old 08-25-2004, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DeNnls
this is so awesome that the wb is adverising this show to become the "hit" of the season
It actually states that on the poster? That's great Thanks for sharing that.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

no, but usually a network picks one show to be heavily advertised for the upcoming season on billboards and posters, knowing that show will do very well. they did the same with smallville and everwood in the past years as well.

the only exception was tarzan, which was heavily advertised, but bombed because the show sucked.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

I received my copy of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY today, and inside was a DVD copy of the pilot of Jack and Bobby.. I have seen it and it.. is... no words. Breathtaking. Absoultely the best, even surpasses the pilot of Everwood, which I thought was incredible. There is also a poster inside the magazine, which is featured advertising the show on billboards around the country.

For those interested in buying the mag, it has THE APPRENTICE on the cover, and it is dated Sept. 3, 2004.

Good Luck!

-Dennis

P.S. Watch the pilot closely, as well as the names of EVERY character you see in the pilot, it will surprise you towards the end ;-)