Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Banned

General Show Discussion Thread: #1

Welcome to the Jack & Bobby general discussion thread.

This is the place where we discuss the show. What we liked, didn't like, who was our favorite character, who we didn't really enjoy and so on. Anything related to Jack & Bobby as a show...this is the thread to discuss it.

(Off topic discussions. I understand J&B has been cancelled but this isn't the place to go OT. I also understand, that it's OK to let some things go as far as OT chatter goes on this thread. Still, let's try our best to limit that here.)
Old 05-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Great thread idea, Mike.

One thing I loved about the show is that my eyes were open something new every week. They addressed certain issues head on without lecturing too much. Life is about making good and bad choices and dealing with the consequences, and I loved that something as real, IMO, could be aired on the WB.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

I like this thread.

I agree with you, Candace.

My favourite character in the beginning was Grace and at the end, it's still Grace. I think I should mention my next favourite who is now Jack. I hated Jack in the beginning, but ever since A Child of God, I started really liking him more and more each week. He's just become a really great person which I thought was worth mentioning here.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

I stole the thread idea from the Dark Angel board and the first post.

My fav. character on the show was Jack. By the end it was still Jack but I had grown to appreciate Marcus a little more each time they showed him. Of course, my girl was Courtney when the show started..Katie took her place though.

I agree about the way they addressed the issues. I don't think the show ever took one side over the other on well, let's say the issue of abortion. It simply showed what people were thinking and each choice as it related to the characters without saying "this is wrong" or "this is right".
Old 05-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

As much as I complained about there not being enough of a certain character featured, I loved the amount we got to learn about all these characters in the little time given. The real mysteries for me were definitely Peter and Marcus... Courtney seemed to have a wall up too for a while there, but we got to learn more about her and her relationship with her mom after a while. Marcus we got more of near the end, which I loved because I love me some M.R., but Peter and his whole wife issue was just not covered in a way where we could see that Peter wasn't a robot. Wait, maybe he WAS one...

Old 05-22-2005, 04:04 PM
ORF
Passionate Fan

I'm shocked the show was cancelled! What happened? Were the ratings not there? The show had such great characters. I'm so disappointed, a lot of the shows I got into were cancelled, I feel like my time was wasted getting involved in something that got dropped. No closure, no tying up loose ends, just wham bam thank you mam with no goodbye. I feel dirty

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 05-22-2005, 04:06 PM
ORF
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
I stole the thread idea from the Dark Angel board and the first post.

My fav. character on the show was Jack. By the end it was still Jack but I had grown to appreciate Marcus a little more each time they showed him. Of course, my girl was Courtney when the show started..Katie took her place though.

I agree about the way they addressed the issues. I don't think the show ever took one side over the other on well, let's say the issue of abortion. It simply showed what people were thinking and each choice as it related to the characters without saying "this is wrong" or "this is right".

I think they were going to get into Peter next season, as well as a relationship...

O WELL-Shiri Appleby
Old 05-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORF
I'm shocked the show was cancelled! What happened? Were the ratings not there? The show had such great characters. I'm so disappointed, a lot of the shows I got into were cancelled, I feel like my time was wasted getting involved in something that got dropped. No closure, no tying up loose ends, just wham bam thank you mam with no goodbye. I feel dirty
Ratings were definitely the major problem, but the WB, IMO, didn't try hard enough to keep it around. They figured that by giving it a full season, it would be able to find its audience. Maybe if they hadn't taken all those long breaks, we wouldn't be in this mess, but we can't really do anything about it now.

Hmm, also sounds like you're a Grace/Peter supporter. The ladies will be happy to have you join them. Welcome to the board, ORF!
Old 05-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Total Fan

Peter!!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Banned

Hi ORF ... Stop by the introduction thread sometime.

Quote:
I feel like my time was wasted getting involved in something that got dropped.
Don't think like that. The shows a person watches can change their out look on so many things. No matter if the shows lasted seven years or one season, no matter if the writing was great or was awful. I believe that the shows a person watches becomes a part of them leaving a lasting mark on their life.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Total Fan

And the people who watch certain shows, like J&B, become part of a community who also enjoy the show and therefore have found new friends with much in common. Like Us!!
Old 05-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Banned

What if Bobby was a girl? The first woman President, and not mention became great friends with Chole. How would that have changed the impact of the show for you?
Old 05-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

I probably wouldn't watch it if Bobby was a girl.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Total Fan

I'd probably still watch it, even if Bobby was a girl, if Peter was played by the same actor.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Total Fan

I'm sorry to hear that "Jack and Bobby" got cancelled. I just started watching it, I think it was the episode where Jack took the fall for.. Marcus, I think it was. I hope that the episodes will be released onto DVD. I can't believe it. I decide to get involved in the show, and they pull the plug. That's awful.

Hi to those who don't know me, and that's probably everyone. I'm Joe.