Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

Episode Discussion: Querida Grace (3/2/05) All New!

Fresh | wednesday | 9/8c trailer

Jack (Matt Long) and Katie's (guest star Kate Mara) relationship progresses, while Courtney's (Jessica Pare) comes to a screeching halt after Jack discovers Nate (guest star Mike Erwin) is cheating on her with another girl. When Bobby (Logan Lerman) is required to do a family history project for class, he goes through his mother's closet for clues about his family and discovers a letter that reveals the real reason his father left. Meanwhile, Grace (Christine Lahti) is shocked to learn that her affair with Tom (Bradley Cooper) has cost her more then she had bargained for.
Neil Patrick Harris guest-stars as a graduate student in the year 2045. Edwin Hodge and John Slattery also star. Arvin Brown directed the episode written by Barbie Kligman.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm interesting in seeing what Bobby learns about his father - looks to be a very good episode

ETA: Don't forget, J&B will be going on a hiatus after this episode. The next new episode is scheduled for April 20

Last edited by crazyforcmm; 03-02-2005 at 02:20 PM
Old 03-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Hiatus

But this ep looks good. I'm dying to learn about the dad.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Total Fan

Let's hope the month of April goes pretty fast!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

It's my B-day month, but without J&B, it's pointless. Oh well, they're giving us reruns, right? Maybe I'll finally get to retape CL after it got erased!!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Total Fan

Oohh they're going to show reruns? That would be great and I would too tape Chess Lessons. It's one of my faves!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Ohmigod, tonight was........OHMIGOD!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

I will have to rewatch in order to make any coherent comments on it. This one was just really hard to watch.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Banned

Tonights episode was great!

Anyone else want to jump Nate? You can join Ken, Marcus, Jack, and myself later. We'll be waiting for him outside his room. The boy is going down. How could he do that to Courtney? I mean, it's just so I can't even... It just makes my blood boil!

I taped tonights episode because I knew Katie would be in it. Again, she just blows me away. Jack and Katie are so sweet together. I'm glad that the guy is allowed to be the sweet one in the true sense. So often guys are seen as not wanting to know more about the girl. He took a stand and that means a lot. Those two are just so special... my favortie highschool couple.

I was screaming at Tom not to take that paper. I knew that it would cost him and it did. I understood Grace tonight at everymove with him. I'm just a little disappointed at tom because he couldn't see it and it cost the relationship. At least for the moment.

Juan being a convict... well, that hit close to home. My father was locked up as well. I think because of a kidnapping charge.. I know that he tried to kill his own mother once...

I knew the secret before they said it. I figured that was one of the most likely possiblities... I hope they expand on this I really do.. Both Bobby and Jack need to know. It's their right to know why and what he did. Grace is keeping her mouth shut but I doubt things will stay silent with them. Bobby will find out, and the truth will be exposed to them.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

Wow last night's episode was just amazing!

First off I'm really beginning to really love Kate and Jack. It was so sweet all the things he found out about her. At first I wasn't really sure if I liked them because I still do like Jack/Courtney but after last night's episode there is just no way that I could not love them. I can't wait to see where thier relationship goes.

I'm sad that Tom and Grace broke up. I was really hoping that Tom didn't take that paper when Grace gave it to him, but all good things must come to end right. I really felt bad for Grace, she already lost so much and now to lose Tom. Even though I completely understand her decision to end it.

Nate is just a jerk. I really wanted to smack him at the end, he called Courtney immature when he was the one acting like a child with that stupid bet. I thought that he was only going to cheat on her but knowing that she was just a bet just really pissed me off.

I was surprised that Jack and Bobby's father is in prison. Even though I understand why Grace is keeping this from JB, they also have a right to know about their father. I want to know what he's in prison for. I hate that the show is going on hiatus, I can't wait until April 20.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Last night's ep has my head spinning.

Ok, first off---T/G!! The breakup was kind of inevitable, but I cried all the same. We finally got our Tom crying scene, Candace! And boy, was it SAD! I think for right now, they need some space, but I still hold out the hope for reconicilliation. I mean, they basically admitted that they loved each other. Tom did try not to take the paper, but he did anyway, which bothered me. Grace chose him over Bobby, which troubled her. Being a mother means more to her than anything. So, in the end, she felt she had to break it off.

Ok, I J/K!!! They were wonderful! Sweet couple! I'm sorry, J/C shippers, my vote for Jack is cast.

Juan in prison! I'll admit, I didn't see it coming. But, it could be a really good plot.

Courtney/Nate! Michael, I'm with you and Ken and Marcus and Jack! I hate that bastard! How could he do that to our Court?!!?!

Peter, Marcus, and Missy weren't in this ep.

God, I hope I can survive till April.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

This episode has so many storylines and plots and I'm glad I was on the ride

First, I enjoyed that the future storyline really tied into the past (or present depending on how you'd like to percieve the scenes...um, does that make sense? ) I liked how the future scenes were building up the real truth about Bobby's father and that you didn't know until the end - very nice!

Second, Nate I thought it was nice of the RA to tell Jack about Nate's behavior and to warn him. I was upset over the bet of sleeping with the president's daughter first I'm also glad at Courtney for facing Nate and speaking her thoughts. The dish part was also a plus

Third, Tom and Grace...honestly, I didn't even pick up on Grace writing the paper - my first instinct was why?, which was then followed by she's just trying to help him out. When Grace said she wanted Tom to tell her not to do it, I see where she was coming from - that's not her personality and in a sense, I think she was "testing" Tom on it. I was glad that Tom didn't use Grace's revisions/ work and rewrote it himself - it shows a great side of Tom's character.

Fourth, I was surprised when Grace said for Bobby to read the archeology book rather than give Bobby an interview, but after watching the whole episode, I understand why she did it - she didn't want her son to find out about his father being a convict - I guess she didn't want her sons worrying about him, so to make up this story of Juan being an archeologist might be easier for them to handle.

Fifth, Jack and Katie - I really enjoyed how Katie and Jack got to know each other better - I thought it was very original. I would have never thought of something like that - it was cute I liked how Jack got to have a deeper look at Katie and Katie's portion was adorable I also thought the train station scene was funny - Jack was just making things up, but Katie seemed to take a deeper look.

Overall, I liked how the storylines worked and how characters evolved - very good!
Old 03-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

I'm still getting my head around the whole "Juan" thing. I honestly did not see that coming. It's a good plot idea.......But I wonder what direction they'll take it in. I'm not certain if I agree or disagree with Grace not telling the boys. On the one hand, it concerns them, on the other, she had a good reason.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aw, Cat, we did get our crying scene. I still have to comment on this, don't I? I will later. Sign me up for the Nate Beatdown posse please. He is going down. Hard.

The Watercooler column at tvguide.com now does a daily poll of what people most enjoyed watching the previous night. We're in today's poll and not doing too great, so you can vote here if you haven't already. It might be good advertising to have our show get a good place in this poll.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

I voted! Can't believe we're being beaten by Lost and Alias........I mean, I like them, but they're not half as good as J&B!

Last edited by deathofacat; 03-04-2005 at 05:08 AM