Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Hmm...... That's pretty funny, actually.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

we could really go off on a male-bashing tangent here, couldn't we?

topic? paging topic.

Do you think that I've changed? I swear I never tried. Memory is a terrible thing when you use it right.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

Interesting I still think women tend to have as stressful a life as a guy - if the woman is working and has kids to drive, feed, etc. - that's got to be tough, but on the same end, a guy might do the same things...except my mom kind of took over with raises my brother and sisters
Old 02-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

I dunno. I'm a feminist of sorts, so I feel inclined to put in my two cents and say that women really put up with a hell of a lot. In addition, older women are often ignored when they're single, etc. And men, are, I think, more likely to cheat. Ok, male bashing spree......

back to topic.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really don't think it's a male bashing - it's just that men and women are different. Both take on a ton of responsibility and stress, in many different ways and forms...
Old 02-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

True. But it's fun ganging up on the guys. *sticks toungue out at Ken and Michael*
Old 02-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Is this fair? No male here to defend themselves Just kidding - we're all nice here
Old 02-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Yes we are. *crosses fingers*
Old 02-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Banned

I'm used to male bashing..

Cheating goes both ways... I can tell you that.. It's guys are more prone to have random casual sex. It doesn't mean that they are in a relationship at the time. Of course I have seen many things from male friends/ family members of mine that go the way of cheating.. Example" Sleeping with the girlfriends mother, cheating a girlfriend then talking about how much you love your GF and are going to marry her, ect... Guys are bad! Women can be worse, most of the girl in my town are what people would call ****s. It's true, I've seen a lot of things. Some of my best female friends and some cousins are like that. I'm just glad I have been able to stand my moral high ground. I add it to the fact that I lived most of my life in a racist town, where I was alone emotional speaking. If I would have stayed and grew up in my hometown (where I am now) I would be just as bad as all the cheating a-hole guys you hear about. I believe that anyways.

I have no problem with a woman working while I raise the kids. I'm great with kids, they love me. If I trust the woman that is. I know, I would never cheat but I think I would always be wondering about her.

One thing about women that I have to say. They talk a lot! When you don't have to talk. Guys are more prone to less talk and more action. We don't talk about getting the important things done. We just get them done. At least I do.

Guys on the other hand in general are more lazy and act more like babies when we're sick. Girls are more generally active and less likely to do hard manual labor.

Girls are smarter and Guys are stronger... some more then other and some less then others but it is a general bias that tends to be true more then false.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

We talk a lot? *eyes Michael's multiple paragraphs* Uh-huh.......

Well, we love you Michael, no worries. And I'm certain you're EXCELLENT with kids..

But, good points made.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofacat
We talk a lot? *eyes Michael's multiple paragraphs* Uh-huh.......
Online is different. I don't talk a lot offline unless a point has to be made or someone wants my opinion on television or another one of my passions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofacat
Well, we love you Michael, no worries. And I'm certain you're EXCELLENT with kids..
I am great with kids. Always have been, I take it to the fact that as a kid I had two cabbage patch dolls. They were my "sons" and I looked after them as a father. That's part of why I know I'll make a great father someday. See, I grew up and still have nothing but sisters. No brothers, ever.. So I understand women more then most guys and I have a more "feminane (sp?)" side then most guys. Especially when talking about love, romance, ect...
Old 02-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
Online is different. I don't talk a lot offline unless a point has to be made or someone wants my opinion on television or another one of my passions.
Oh, I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
I am great with kids. Always have been, I take it to the fact that as a kid I had two cabbage patch dolls. They were my "sons" and I looked after them as a father. That's part of why I know I'll make a great father someday. See, I grew up and still have nothing but sisters. No brothers, ever.. So I understand women more then most guys and I have a more "feminane (sp?)" side then most guys. Especially when talking about love, romance, ect...
I have no doubt of it, Michael.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Good to see a guy perspective on this topic Great points made
Old 02-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

This is such a cool thread. Definatly deserves front page!
Old 02-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Great points, Michael. I have to disagree on the "less likely to do hard manual labor" because other than the education aspect of my job, the students are out in the forest doing restoration work, and most of them are girls. I've seen these kids do intensive stuff like saw tree-size logs. I think women can do anything if given the opportunity.