Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Total Fan

OMG I have to say the funniest part of the episode for me is when Grace is in Peter's office and she says she's sad Bobby didn't choose Atheism. It's the way she said it that was funny and the face she made saying it. She said something like, "I know I was hoping he would choose Atheism. (shaking her head and laughing a little) Sadly he did not!"

I laugh every time I watch that part.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Grace is such a lovely, brilliant little drama queen. Why she's had trouble dating before is beyond me......
Old 04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't believe abortion is evil; it's a choice, and while it should never be made without careful thought and consideration, it should still be available, at all times
I used the lesser of two evils, as a way of getting my point across. I don't think that abortion is "evil" just.....wrong when used for people who don't want to deal with the consiquences(sp?) of their actions. People who want an easy escape from the choices that they have made.

Quote:
I can't and shouldn't be able to tell someone what to do with their own body.
What about suicide? Prostitution? Parent's not allowing kids to have piercings or tattoos? Cutting? Eating disorders? Illegal drugs, underage drinking? Where do we draw the line?

Quote:
think of the rights involved and not have them conflicting with eachother.
That's the point. Whose rights? The mothers, the fathers, the little spark of life that has been created?

Quote:
I NEVER want to have children.
Well, for those who never want children, there are ways to make sure that you can't have children.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm glad we've been able to discuss such a touchy subject maturely.
This is a touchy subject.. although, I rather get into a debate about abortion then another Shipper War. Talk about when the loons come out.

Quote:
"I know I was hoping he would choose Atheism. (shaking her head and laughing a little) Sadly he did not!"
Old 04-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Well, I don't hold abortion on a par with smoking, drugs, etc. Smoking, interestingly, is something I believe people ought to be allowed to do if they want to. Call me an unoconventional thinker, but I'm of the mind that a person's body belongs to them; they should determine what they wish to do with it. As for abortion being used in cases of people not wanting to accept the consequnces of their actions, I agree for the most part. It should NEVER be a form of birth control.

And as for the shipper wars.... I'm currently caught between two Grace ships, so I'm really hating them....
Old 04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Total Fan

The rights I'm speaking of are those of the women who want to decide whether or not they want to have their child. It should be their right to make those decisions.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Agreed.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Total Fan

Hey it's ok to like 2 Grace ships.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

You're the only one who thinks so.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Total Fan

It's better than being all by yourself.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

True.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Total Fan

Hey is there a new episode on tomorrow? B/c there isn't a new thread.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

Mike'll probabley put it up soon.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Total Fan

You guys get a new episode tonight!!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

New!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm of the mind that a person's body belongs to them; they should determine what they wish to do with it.
Again....What about suicide? Prostitution? Parent's not allowing kids to have piercings or tattoos? Cutting? Eating disorders? Illegal drugs, underage drinking?

You think all should be allowed as long as it only hurts those who choose to do it?

If so then for abortion... What about them stopping the life of another to be created? Isn't that harming another.

The basic idea of murder that I can think of is ending someone else's life that has already been created. However, ending another's potential life is not wrong?

Quote:
The rights I'm speaking of are those of the women who want to decide whether or not they want to have their child. It should be their right to make those decisions.
That's the point, it's not just their (the mother's) child.

Back to the person's rights over their body. How come abortion is so special? We can't tell them to have the child that they had out of consensual sex but we can tell them they are not allowed to sell their body (prostitution).

Is prostitution such a bad thing that we must not allow them to do that? Is abortion such a special thing that we must allow them a choice to give birth to a life or not stop a life from being created?

It just seems dumb to me that people can't sell themselves. Which is their choice, their life. Yet we can let them choose to stop someone else's life from being created.