Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

I'm really glad you finally got to see it, Shelly. I loved this episode.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Total Fan

I'll be right back. My computer's a little slow so I'm going to restart it...
Old 04-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

It was a great one. I loved seeing it over. *GRACE!*
Old 04-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

I really love the ending with "Amazing Grace" playing. Jen thought it was cheesy, but I thought it was awesome.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

I thought it was great, for the single reason that is the individual named in the song. Yeah, I'm obessed.....
Old 04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Total Fan

It was pretty good. Not spectacular but pretty good. Maybe it's b/c it was too much drama and not enough light moments. But it was still good.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
First of all, I would like to believe that anyone is capable of giving love.
I believe that everyone is capable of love, but I don't believe that everyone is willing to give it.

Quote:
Like I said, there are tons of what if's in the world. If people never took risks, nothign would ever be done. Besides, this may a crude example but if someone wants to really kill someone they will find a way. It doesn't mean that we should allow murder.
There are a lot of what if's and to me when you're contemplating having a child, you need to ask all those what if questions. Parents don't have all the answers and I understand that, but they have to be willing to accept that and be prepared to handle whatever happens once they have a child. I've never been much of a risk taker and maybe that's because I always ask the what if's.

Quote:
For me... if I had a girlfriend who was pregnant and she choose to have an abortion, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.
I've never really thought of it that way and when I do, it isn't fair that just because she doesn't want to go through nine months of pregnancy that he should have to suffer the rest of his life.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlisaxx
I believe that everyone is capable of love, but I don't believe that everyone is willing to give it.
True.

Quote:
There are a lot of what if's and to me when you're contemplating having a child, you need to ask all those what if questions.
I agree, but you were talking about the crude methods that someone could use to ensure that they don't become parents. Just because we are afraid of methods someone might try to get rid of a child doesn't mean we should make it legal for them to do so.

I'm not a big risk taker either.... Especially when it comes to my little sister. I'm a Cancer, we fear change.

Quote:
it isn't fair that just because she doesn't want to go through nine months of pregnancy that he should have to suffer the rest of his life.
Right. I understand the need for a woman or anyone to protect themselves. Not wanting to go through the pain and changes to their body. Protecting yourself is a basic human right. With this issue things are just too complicated. The need or want to protect yourself doesn't compare to the pain that could be caused to both lives if a choice was made by just one person.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
I agree, but you were talking about the crude methods that someone could use to ensure that they don't become parents. Just because we are afraid of methods someone might try to get rid of a child doesn't mean we should make it legal for them to do so.
So, you think it's better for girls to have back alley abortions which could severely harm them?
Old 04-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofacat
So, you think it's better for girls to have back alley abortions which could severely harm them?
No, but people still do that now when abortions are legal.

I think that just because we are afraid of these horrific acts that people may do doesn't mean we should allow them a more civil (legal) way to commit those acts.

Sometimes we must choose between the lesser of two evils. However, the fact is no matter what you choose, you still choose evil.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

I don't believe abortion is evil; it's a choice, and while it should never be made without careful thought and consideration, it should still be available, at all times.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Total Fan

I believe abortion is terrible, For Me Personally, but I think it is a choice for other people to have the right to make. I can't and shouldn't be able to tell someone what to do with their own body. I have friends who have had abortions and it is crazy for me to think of myself telling them that they are not aloud to terminate their pregnancy. I'm able to separate my personal feelings on the issue and think of the rights involved and not have them conflicting with eachother.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

A good position to have. Personally, I would have an abortion if I were ever pregnant, because, cruel though this may sound, I don't think I'd make a good mother, and I NEVER want to have children. I just don't, and it upsets me when people assume superior adittudes and tell me that that's only because I've never actually been one. No, I just don't like kids in general. I do see abortion as a last resort, though, and I think that sex ed., and others are excellent ways to educate people on the impact their actions can have. (CoughThe GOPsupports abstinence only educationCough). Anyway, I'm glad we've been able to discuss such a touchy subject maturely.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Total Fan

Me too, b/c whenever it is brought up no one gets anywhere and it gets too personal for some.

Hey you might want to go get a cough drop or something.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:03 AM
Master Fan

I might need a whole bag......