Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Banned

'A Child of God' -Episode Discussion (4-20-05)

Fresh | wednesday | 9/8c

Missy (Keri Lynn Pratt) turns Jack's (Matt Long) world upside when she reveals a secret that could change their lives forever. As a result of her actions, Missy is kicked out of her home and turns to Grace (Christine Lahti) for support and guidance. Meanwhile, Bobby (Logan Lerman) surprises Grace by telling her that he would like to be baptized and tries to convince Peter (John Slattery) to be his godfather.
Jessica Pare and Edwin Hodge also star. Ellen S. Pressman directed the episode written by Vanessa Taylor.

-from thewb.com
Old 04-20-2005, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

Countdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Total Fan

I hope we see a lot more of Grace, Bobby, and Peter this time. New episode!
Old 04-20-2005, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Grace & Peter & Katie!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Wow! What an ep! It had a really serious tone to it, too, I noticed. Ok, for starters, I hate the much-used pregnancy plot. But I felt it worked here. The Belknaps, conflicting beliefs, etc., all fit nicely. I feel amazingly sorry for Missy, which I hadn't expected. And I felt proud of Jack for his handleing of the situation. Grace was a goddess! And am I the only one who noticed the song they played at the end? Amazing Grace. How fitting. She was really brillaint tonight, and said practically everything about religion that I would have liked to say. But I was glad that she sucked it up in the end; not sure I could have done that. As for the Bobby storyline...... I would never join a church, but it's nice to see him fitting in somewhere. Peter was a darling in this ep. And we now know a bit more about him: he doesn't believe in God because of what happened to his wife. I was kind of surprised, since I assumed he'd be an avid chruch-goer, for some reason. The lack of Katie in this ep was dissapointing, but meh, I wasn't expecting much.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I dont watch this show normally but i watched it last week and this week i liked this ep and i love Missy's character but i think it was f-ed up the way she treated bobby..
Old 04-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Can I just say how much I loved Grace in this episode she really came throughfor Bobby and Missyand learned to put her personal feelings behind for their best interests.
Even though I don't like Missy at all and i don't think there's any excuse for what she did I still felt sorry for her the way her Dad spoke to her was just horrible but the way she broke down infront of him and Jack the actress who played her is really talented.
i was surprised at Courtney's reaction to the pregnancy figuring out right away what really happened but i like how she went straight to missy and told her she isn't judging her and how she probably would've done the same thing
The Bobby religion plotline i wasn't that into mostly because Jacks storyline ownde this episode but i do like how the writers showed both the positive and negative aspects of christianity with the female reverand and missys dad so it didn't seem too one sided and i like how jack was the one who went with bobby in the end i don't think i would've cared that much if Peter hadn't shown up.
To me grace seems divided about her views on abortion she obviously supports a womans right to choose but it was pretty obvious she didn't want Missy to go through with it (she actually offered to let her live with them!) so she pretty much feels the same way I do.
I missed the first 15 minutes so could someone please tell me if Katie showed up and if she did how did she react to the pregnancy thing?
Jimmy's in rehab well good for him.
Next week looks pretty sad.
Pam: What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
Jim: I just needed you to know. Once.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Total Fan

Wow, sounds like a really good episode! I can't wait till Sunday. I'm a little surprised hearing about Peter. It's good that we are learning more about him and his wife. Since he doesn't believe in God, he's probably more moderate than I thought.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Eden, tragically there was no Katie. But I second you on the for Jimmy!

Shelly, you'd have loved the Peter bits!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Total Fan

I have to wait till Sunday!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
felt proud of Jack for his handleing of the situation.
I think Jack handled it great as well. The reason Missy picked him is because she knew he would be the one to handle it in a more mature way. Jack was great in this episode as was Grace. However, Missy was the star of this episode.

Quote:
I was kind of surprised, since I assumed he'd be an avid chruch-goer, for some reason.
Could that be because he is a Republican? Just a thought....

Quote:
i love Missy's character but i think it was f-ed up the way she treated bobby..
I think you mean Jack. I agree, I love Missy as well to a point but what she did was messed up. Then again, I have no idea the amount of pressure that would be on a 16 year old girl having been placed in that postion. Having to deal with the fact that a guy like Randy was the father. Jack was the most secure thing to her... she really felt trapped and ran towards the one person she believed was good.

Quote:
I missed the first 15 minutes so could someone please tell me if Katie showed up and if she did how did she react to the pregnancy thing?
As Cat said, Katie didn't show up. That would have been interesting but this focus was more on religion and pregnancy. Not on the issues of relationship that having a Katie/Jack discussion would have brought. So I'm glad she wasn't in this one. I'm also glad that Courtney was more involved with Missy then Jack in this episode.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, probabley because he's a Republican....
Old 04-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Total Fan

That's what I thought.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't especially like Grace in this episode until the end. I think that no matter what she believes, she still should have stood behind Bobby. I Peter! So glad he went with Bobby at the end, and I was pleasantly surprised that Jack was there too. I didn't think that I would feel bad for Missy, but I ended up feeling very bad.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

This was such an amazing episode, from beginning to end. It was packed with so much emotion and all of the cast did such a fantastic job.

I'm going to agree that Missy was the star of this episode. She made some poor choices, but it is understandable to me. I can't even imagine how I would have reacted at 16 if I were in her position.

I really don't have much else to say because I loved it all. I especially loved that they sang "Amazing Grace" at the end of the episode as it cut between the scenes of Bobby and Missy. That was very moving.

Lisa