Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-19-2004, 02:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Cindy -- Beautiful banner, I love it! The avs and fanart as well.

I agree about the quote from future Courtney. That's why I love the way this show is told in flashback because it really helps tie the show together and shows us how the relationships began as well as how they end up 40 years later.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 09-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Banned

I can totally see the Bobby/Courtney thing, even though he's so much younger than her. She already seems more interested in him than in Jack. And I agree about Bobby being what connects Jack and Courtney, at least initially -- I think we've already seen this.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Extreme Fan

The relationship between Bobby and Courtney really interests me... they seem to have such a strong connection, even more than Jack and Courtney, IMO.

I prefer 2004 B/C as friends. I know that three years(?) isn't much of an age difference, but Logan is just really young, so it's kind of weird. In a couple years, though, I can definitely see them as more than friends.

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I'm so happy someone made this thread! And it's nice to see some of my fellow OTH fans here! Hi Whit! Hi Aleah! Hi Susan!

Jack/Courtney is interesting and I don't mind that they are together, but I really feel the special connection between Courtney and Bobby. They are kindred spirits and I can't wait to watch them fall in love. It's almost like the Star Wars prequels. We know what happens and now we can see how they got there.

Jessica and Logan have great chemistry and I hope they continue to develop their friendship whatever happens with Jack.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Okay, was anybody SQUEEING at the sight of Bobby coming to Courtney's house and her dad opening the door, expecting for the kid to be looking for Chloe but then Bobby answering so simply that he was looking for Courtney. There was no hesitation in his answer...that was the funniest scene in the show by far and I loved that despite the awkwardness, sweet Bobby made an effort to introduce himself to Benedict...little did he know that he (Benedict) was meeting his future son-in-law..hehehe....

Watching today's episode kinda solidified my enthusiasm for Bobby/Courtney. I mean, yeah it was cute to see Jack's and Courtney's first date and definitely Matt and Jessica are a beautiful couple but just seeing Bobby and Courtney interact (like when she just pops up at the cafeteria line and invites him to come sit with her and Jack, invitiing him to the bowling alley [just love the fact that IT was Bobby who thought the bowling thing was cool and Courtney agreed], the way she spent some time with him at the alley)...you totally see how much Bobby and Courtney are such kindred spirits from the get go. Jack may be the one who wants to know her but Bobby already gets her. And she tells him things that Jack doesn't know (ie. Her mom dying) and he is able to make that connection with her. Yes, probably the whole Bobby/Courtney will never happen on the series but just to hear from Future Courtney talking about her husband as well as just seeing how they connect on such an intimate level already just makes me happy and has me totally hooked to the show.

Love,
Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun
Old 09-20-2004, 04:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

^ Totally agree. That's how I see Bobby and Courtney, too.

~Kat
Old 09-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

I pretty much knew that Bobby was going to be the President; the show is watching the President become a man. Jack is pretty set in his ways while Bobby is more like a sponge soaking up life around him.

I have read posters on the WB Forum who say this relationship werid them out. I feel the oppostie affect, I find it interesting and new. She the first person whose not trying to change him, Courtney likes Bobby just the way he is, quirks and all. Bobby is kind and not threating to Courtney, she seems kinda close off. Maybe that because of the lost of her mother, in a way Bobby just lets Courtney be herself as well.

And the fact that Bobby marries Courtney after Jack's death is not strange. During WW2 when soliders didn't come home it was their brothers and best buds who would sometimes marry their girl in instead.

I am looking forward to watching these two become good friends. 2004 Bobby seems more like 2004 Courtney best friend who she can talk to about her mother's death and Jack. What I think is their love and marriage is based on that deep friendship.

I wonder if they have children? If they have a son name Jack?

The married Courtney and Bobby are not spitting on Jack's memory, I think he would be happy that they could find each other. Everyone deserves someone to fill their heart with joy and love.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

I'm sorry to say but the Jack/Courtney interaction has so far left me wondering if they have any chemistry at all together, I don't know if it's the actors or what but their scenes seem so forced to me. While the Bobby/Courtney interaction seems so easier, more flowing instead of forced. Don't get me wrong I think I could like a Jack/Courtney relationship, I don't have any problem with them getting together, I just hope that their scene start getting more comfortable. I doubt will see any romantic interest in the show, but I hope that we get a lot of Bobby/Courtney friendship scenes..although I also like the President Benedict and Grace. I think they are very funny together..lol

I need fanfic, come on someone write some fanfic!..Please? *begs* heh
Old 09-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hi everyone,

I missed the first episode but I saw the second one and I adore the Bobby/Courtney relationship. I don't exactly "ship" the present B/C (I don't think any of us do) but I totally ship the future B/C. I think Cindy described it best when she said that they are kindered spirits. They just have this connection that runs so deep and is so pure that it just makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

I can't wait till 4-5 seasons from now when Bobby and Courtney are both adults. Then a romantic relationship will be quite acceptable. I can't wait! Getting goosebumps just thinking about it. With such a strong foundation and history behind B/C, the writers can create just the most beautiful love story ever!

And as for J/C...I don't hate them together, but I don't exactly like them together. I'm just like "eh" towards them. They don't really do anything for me.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love their friendship, how he came to her when he didn't know what to do.. or just needed to talk. Right now, I like them more as friends... but I can see myself shipping them later on, when they're both adults.

I absolutely love all of Future Courtney's quotes about him, they're fantastic.

Quote:
Originally posted by cherrios
I am looking forward to watching these two become good friends. 2004 Bobby seems more like 2004 Courtney best friend who she can talk to about her mother's death and Jack. What I think is their love and marriage is based on that deep friendship.

The married Courtney and Bobby are not spitting on Jack's memory, I think he would be happy that they could find each other. Everyone deserves someone to fill their heart with joy and love.
I really like how you put that, and I completely agree.

Last edited by Baby Belle; 09-20-2004 at 08:16 PM
Old 09-20-2004, 08:27 PM
New Fan

I completely agree with what everyone has said about their current relationship and their future one. The actors are handling things very well at the moment. What will be interesting is in forthcoming episodes to see how things progress with what is to come. Obviously we cannot expect Bobby to remain single, or at least not be attracted to another girl, for all of high school. Sure there is no romantic attachment now, but what seperates good dramas from ok ones is always acting. This show has some great actors, and they just has to keep doing a good job.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Great fanart and avatar. I love the banner louloucn..

I was wondering can I use one of your avatars?
Old 09-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Banned

Were Jack and Courtney married? I can't remember.

About them....it just doesn't seem like she really likes him. Obviously this will have to change in the future but as of right now.....

I think this was said on the thread about Chloe......it would be funny if Jack asked Courtney out but she had to watch Chloe, and Jack brought Bobby along to keep Chloe occupied, and Courtney and Bobby talked to each other the whole time.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by CanonsAreWorthless
Were Jack and Courtney married? I can't remember.
It was never said offically if there weren't or were. However, I assume that they were never married based on how Future Courtney said that their relationship never really went where thought it would.

Quote:
Originally posted by CanonsAreWorthless
I think this was said on the thread about Chloe......it would be funny if Jack asked Courtney out but she had to watch Chloe, and Jack brought Bobby along to keep Chloe occupied, and Courtney and Bobby talked to each other the whole time.
Yeah, I said that. It would be a cute episode for them. I'm glad you liked the idea.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Extreme Fan

joshua - of course you can use the avies. that's why I made them...

I really like that idea about Courtney and Bobby just spending time together while Jack works out his drama with Chloe. i just think that any excuse to make B/C closer is a good idea.

I don't know if Jack and Courtney were married. In a way, I could see that they got married but Jack died not long after or they might have been living together when Jack died.

I just wonder when the Bobby/Courtney thing started. How old were they when they fell in love?

Love.
Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun