Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2016, 01:14 PM
New Fan

Thanks for adding!

She probably, really should've been nominated for "Unbelievable" or "Believe," but she was actually nominated against Aislinn for Full Out. Aislinn winning was a nice final sendoff from her Degrassi days.

They all looked so great last night. Ana's dress is EVERYTHING. Honestly, that girl doesn't leave the house without being dressed to the absolute nines. It cracks me up, I love it. I loved Aislinn's comments on her IG:
amemoryIcanuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Oooh I forgot about Full Out. Maybe she will become a favorite and they are saving her Degrassi nom for later. Maybe for a big Zoe coming out moment? Or for when she finds her father? What if he's dead? Nah, Mom would know that. In jail? I think she is protecting Zoe from something. That would be interesting for a character to have a parent in jail.

Anther one of princess Ana:

Old 03-14-2016, 03:16 PM
New Fan

I definitely think Mama Rivas is withholding baby daddy details for a specific reason as well. There's so much the writers have built upon regarding Zoe and her background and all the things she's dealing with:
-Her past sexual assault
-Baby daddy drama
-Past pill addiction (though you're always an addict, which now thinking about it, makes Zoe's inebriety at the party just before her assault pretty glaring)
-Her potential coming out

There's so much there, I hope the writers just sort of stick with one thing at a time (assuming that's what they're doing with her sexuality arc/Grace), and stay focused because it's so easy for her development to become so convoluted. They give Ana a lot. lol

And with them seemingly (hopefully) continuing to develop Zoe's relationship with Grace, she'll become directly entangled in what is (again, hopefully) Grace's fully conceived CF plot. Then you have Zoe seemingly falling in love with her ailing friend.

Another shot from last night...I don't know how these awards work, but I'm going to assume that yesterday celebrated Canadian film (whereas the night before was Canadian TV?)

Then there's quite a few photos from Fanzone this weekend (with Ricardo).

amemoryIcanuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

And we finally get a US release date for Full Out...May 3rd.

theanagolja Beyond excited to announce my film, @fulloutmovie will be released on DVD and Video on Demand across the US on MAY 3! Mark your calendars!

Credit to the one and only Alexa for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Anyone watch yet? I should see how creepy that guy playing the couch coach is eh. Does he ever promote this thing? Maybe he forgot.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

I´ve seen the new DTV videos about consent and feminism and it really rubbed me the wrong way what Zoe is saying in her moderations. Either she doesn´t have a clue that she´s contradicting her own behaviour (e.g. making the sex tape without Zig´s consent) or the writers really don´t see Zoe doing anything wrong because she´s the girl. I just hope it´s the first one.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:13 AM
Addicted Fan

I feel pretty confident when I say it's more of a show thing. They have a double standard when it comes to men and women. I love that the writers keep reinforcing that a woman's consent is completely necessary, but it's insulting when a man's consent is often not taken into account.
Spoiler:
This show has been on since 2001 and the franchise since 1979. So I can only hope something will change in the near future, but you never know with these writers,
Old 06-16-2016, 01:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I didn´t read your spoiler so I´ll just answer to the rest.
I just can´t get my head around that no one of them seems to realize how hypocrit it is to have Zoe of all people say sentences like:
"Yes is the only thing that means yes. It´s very important to have a clear agreement between partners."
"At the end of the day it´s all about equality. It´s not about special treatment."
For me it kinda makes the whole message laughable which can´t be their intention.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Addicted Fan

You're right. It's very hypocritical to have Zoe deliver that line, what with her history. I suppose you could say maybe Zoe has finally learned, but the one thing Zoe did not show remorse over towards the end of the first half is how she filmed Zig without his consent. The way the story line played out, it was clearly meant to be an OMFG moment and not much else, which is disgusting. I think that if the writers did not have such skewed morals in the first place, a character like Zoe wouldn't be this problematic. But it's the show that made Katie the victim in the Drew/Katie story line and made jokes about Zoe trying to punch Zig and instead hitting Miles. Next Class has excelled in many areas and I'm glad they're finally on a better path when it comes to delivering feminist messages, but men matter, too. They deserve respect. It's basically a fact at this point that Zig is flawed, but this same story line would have never happened with a female character. Even if she was doing the same thing, cheating on a boyfriend, it would be seen as inappropriate.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

I also think that Zoe as character is not the problem but the missing backlash to her behaviour is. And of course it would have played out much different with reversed roles. Imagine Zig doing the filming. He wouldn´t have seen the end of the backlash, including Zoe probably even pressing charges...
Old 06-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Addicted Fan

This is why I wish the writers would be more careful when they create problematic characters to this extent. I know it can be tempting to have them cross certain lines for the sake of drama, but once those story lines end, it can be difficult to forgive said characters and consider them viable. The way the Zig/Zoe fling played out did NOT work for me in the slightest and I wish that it had been directly acknowledged that Zig didn't ask for what happened to him. Since I know it will never happen, all I ask is that the writers never have Zig and Zoe be anything resembling friends. It's a semi big class and both have plenty of other options. The idea of those two being in close proximity is kind of cringe worthy at this point. Like you said, Zig would have never gotten away with filming Zoe, even if she hadn't been a rape victim. What he did would be seen as a violation and I have a feeling it might be called into question how much she could have consented, since she wasn't aware he was filming.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

I for sure don´t want to see them being friends either. I recently had to see in the soap over here the guy and the girl who assaulted him when he was drunk laugh together at a barbecue as if it never happened. It was just ugh. Don´t need a scene like that in Degrassi.
If it would have been Zig filming I also think the consent issue would have at least come up in conversations even if they legally would only charge the filming.

Last edited by Okun; 06-24-2016 at 12:24 AM
Old 06-24-2016, 06:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think they sorta wrote that in stone after the video. Zig clearly does not like her at all at this point and it primarliy because she had a hand in him and Maya no longer being together. she shot the video, if the video never existed he still be with Maya, in his mind at least because I don't he would have told Maya if the video didn't exist and Hunter wasn't using it to blackmail and him and bully Maya. His hand was forced and protecting Maya was more important then keeping his selfish shameful secret. But yeah he will always see Zoe that way, because anyone who he feels came between him and Maya is just not his friend and if anything he hates them.
87daysofTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:15 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm kind of glad he will, from an anti Zoemund standpoint. I feel like for a very long time, Zig saw only the good in Zoe and he kept going out of his way to be nice to her and to have her back, even though she would insult him and humiliate him at every opportunity. The only thing I disagree with is saying Zig would have never told Maya the truth. I think he would have, in time. Maybe not by the end of 15A, but eventually, the guilt would have weighed on him and he would have come clean. I truly believe that about Zig. He can be selfish and god knows he was in that story line, but he didn't seem to enjoy lying to her.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Finally, Full Out makes its US TV debut....tonight. Sorry for the last second heads up.

Credit to the one and only Alexa for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top