Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

There's something to that. You could call them "The Outsiders" if there wasn't some other couple somewhere in this place that already had that name.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 01-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidocat (View Post)
I realized that Zig might have related to Maya's issues with not fitting in with Tori's world, something that he has struggled with. It's hard to realize who you are and where you fit in. I think they both could feel safe with each other and just let the other be themselves. I like that quite a bit.
I love your analysis. It's so true for them. I think this also explains why Zig didn't seem attracted to Maya until the pageant. I have seen some ~haters suggest that he only noticed Maya when she was dolled up, and that makes him superficial, etc. Your explanation, on the other hand, really makes sense of why the pageant would have triggered Zig's feelings. (Maya's feelings, of course, require no explanation... since they were always there beneath the surface!)

Oh and I really like "The Outsiders" as a ship name for them! Sean/Ellie are "The Outcasts" which is technically different, so

I've been working on a Zaya fic which I'm actually pretty proud of and dying to share with you guys... except I need to finish it first. Hopefully, by the time it's done, I won't be the last person who posted here!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

I liked the name Outsiders remind me of the first time I saw them together in a episode

Old 01-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
I have seen some ~haters suggest that he only noticed Maya when she was dolled up, and that makes him superficial, etc.
I guess I can get the superficial argument but for me Zig’s interactions with Maya come across as less forced than with Tori so it seems less superficial. It is cute when he is dressing up in the mascot uniform to support Tori’s interests and I like that he is trying to understand a balance in relationships but with Zig and Maya is that mutual support just happens. How do you think the whole mascot thing feels to him? It is something he has to do. He wants to help Maya with her song and the pageant and seems to enjoy it. It might scream “bad boyfriend!” in regards to Tori but why should you want to strain yourself to fit in when it comes natural when you are with someone else? I think Maya could help Zig be a better person (not that he isn’t one, just that the show has him as a bit of a bad boy right now) if he isn’t feeling like he has to live up to expectations and can be real. Maya and Zig can be themselves around each other. They are both trying to shake all these expectations others have of them. I think Zig could help Maya realize she is an attractive girl outside of dresses, make up, or what she and society think make a girl pretty. I think he found her at her most attractive when they were playing music together, not at the pageant. He’s always noticed her but that is the moment he gravitated towards her and felt “it.” I just don’t think she has realized that yet. He might not have either because their feelings were so rushed and passionate. He just has to explain why he is into her.

I love the idea of calling them The Outsiders since typing up all this actually has been reminding me of Sellie. And old Semma vs. Sellie debates. (but seriously, these niners have soooo much potential for an epic shipper battle)
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
How do you think the whole mascot thing feels to him? It is something he has to do.
I've been rewatching season 11.5 and this jumped out at me. When Zig wears the mascot uniform, Tori says to him something like, you can't just make these grand gestures and expect everything to be okay. And Zig says, "I'll try harder." Flash forward to season 12, when Maya accuses Cam of not being attracted to her. What does Cam say? "I'll try harder."

But when it comes to Zig and Maya, they don't have to try at all. Their relationship is natural; it doesn't require any kind of effort.

Quote:
(but seriously, these niners have soooo much potential for an epic shipper battle)
Seriously why hasn't this happened yet?! Do I have to make anti threads to get the war going?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I think there's an anti-Zig/Maya thread with a few posts, but then again I'm guessing you don't care that much about that one.

You could start an anti-Cam/Maya thread.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
You could start an anti-Cam/Maya thread.
I actually like them though. I don't think there's an anti-Zaya thread... what I remember is someone started 2 threads, anti-Maya and anti-Zig. And nobody posted in them as far as I recall.

I saw this gif of Sellie on Tumblr and then I had to wonder if maybe the similarities aren't completely coincidental?!

Maybe?????
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Well, I hope that doesn't mean Zig will leave in the early part of next season.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Why would zig leave ? he still part of the seniors ride ?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That was just a little jokr reference to the apparent similarities between them and Sean/Ellie. After they got together, Sean left halfway through the very next season.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
I actually like them though. I don't think there's an anti-Zaya thread... what I remember is someone started 2 threads, anti-Maya and anti-Zig. And nobody posted in them as far as I recall.
Yeah, the anti individual threads never took off so I didn't do anything with them. I could tag them, I guess. Or someone else can. I can't post there though. I probably wouldn't ever post in an anti-Tori or anti-Zig/Tori thread either. There isn't anything I feel intense dislike for them about. I think they are a great introduction junior high type of couple and I am relieved Zig didn't get dumped in Got Your Money. But do I think they are right for each other? No. I don't know how I feel about Cam/Maya either other than that was WEIRD how they promoted the relationship in the big season 12 promo with them as the star-crossed lovers. I thought they would be a bigger thing than they are. But maybe they are on tumblr or whatever. But we all know is what counts.

I'm actually looking forward to whatever resentment Tori has against Maya and Zig and how far that pushes them into outsider territory. I'm just craving that social divide that sometimes exists in high school. I think something could be done with that in many different ways storyline-wise. And honestly I've never been convinced that Tori and Maya are best friends. Friction could be good. And really honest.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Addicted Fan

I like Tori. But Zori was just sort of there. I agree with you and I'm glad they didn't break up in Got Your Money. There was something so sweet about Tori meeting Zig's mom, seeing the convenience store for the first time, and proving to Zig that she wasn't shallow. But there was nothing particularly deep about that relationship, either. I never felt like Tori really understood Zig (especially with the ridiculous anniversary/wanting to buy him an iPad, etc.)... even at the end of Doll Parts, Zig is sitting there completely pissed off about Cam and Maya, and Tori is oblivious. She is extremely wrapped up in her own little world. It's not a bad thing, but you can see why Zig would find that exhausting.

As for Tori/Maya, I'm kind of conflicted about them, especially since rewatching their scenes in season 11. They're confusing. You have the catfight, then everything's okay. Then you have Tori telling Maya she's jealous because she doesn't have a boyfriend. Then everything's okay and they become best friends. Then fast forward to Doll Parts, and Tori tells Maya she doesn't stand a chance and blah blah blah. I guess ultimately all of this says to me that Tori is really insecure... and Maya has been very forgiving. Now Maya is going to be the one begging for forgiveness, I guess. But it's not like their friendship was ever particularly on solid ground. So maybe Zig and Maya will just be like "screw everyone else" and get together?!

Quote:
I don't know how I feel about Cam/Maya either other than that was WEIRD how they promoted the relationship in the big season 12 promo with them as the star-crossed lovers. I thought they would be a bigger thing than they are.
YEAH! I agree, it's super weird. It's also why I was dreading Camaya before it even happened. I thought they were going to be like the new Eclare or something. The way they got together was actually pretty organic, I think. I like Cam a lot too but I have preferred his solo/nonromantic storylines so much more than his scenes with Maya, overall.

So... how cute are these drawings?!

(from here)
Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I too was worried about Cam/Maya being the new "it" couple on the show, and that still may happen, but it hasn't as of now. In fact, I love the way how they're still awkward even after being together for a while, but that's for another thread.

Those drawings? Awesome!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Addicted Fan

I FINISHED MY FIC OMG THAT TOOK FOREVER

Game Over (rated G, 1700 words)
Maya and Zig are tired of hurting other people, so they hurt each other instead. But there's nothing heroic about being a martyr.
HERE @ AO3

Turned out way more angsty than I originally intended but whatever.

IT'S FINALLY DONE THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS

If that's not enough, here's some more adorable fan art from tumblr:

Old 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Aww that is so cute

Found this pic its looks like the hand holding is zaya found this pic of his sweather