Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2004, 08:28 PM
New Fan

You Know You're Obsessed With Degrassi When . . .

I've seen this on so many websites and forums and I don't believe I've seen it for Degrassi yet. It's pretty self-explanitory. Just give reasons that signal that you're totally, head-over-heels, crazy for Degrassi.

You Know You're Obsessed With Degrassi When...
-You have every episdoe on your comptuter downloaded.
You start to dream about it.
-The show is the highlight of your week.
-Writing fanfic is the highlight of your day.
-You'd rather roleplay than go out with your friends.
-You cry when you hear a spoiler about a favorite couple breaking up, even if you know it's not true.
-You force your friends (who have never watched Degrassi) to watch your videos and give you feedback on compostion and content.
-You stay up watching interviews and reading info in the show til 5 am even though you have a test at 10 in the morning.
-When, even though you have homework that is due tomorrow, you are on this thread, writing up reasons on how you know when your obsessed with Degrassi.
-Compare almost every event in your life to degrassi and start to
notice little, often stupid, things, like how you rarely see their shoes, or how most of the characters (even ones w/ conflicts) conveniently have a lot of "stuff" together, even though it's a pretty big school (such as Drama Club, Gymnastics, etc)
-Miss one of the first (and perhaps biggest) speech and debate tournaments of the year because you'd rather die than miss the chance to meet Aubrey Graham
-Crack up Melissa McIntire, Shane Kippel, Miriam McDonald, Aubrey Graham, DVD executives, the security guards, your friends, your sister, and random people with your declaration of love for the show (and for Aubrey Graham) at the DVD signing (and have people on different forums remember you and your sister)
-Keep two of your favorite shirts in plastic Ziploc bags hidden in your messy closet because you hugged Aubrey Graham and Adamo Ruggiero in them and you don't want them to lose their "scent".
-Insist that your family watch it with you, even if the only one who is willing to do so is your six-month old cousin (and you end up ruining it anyway it by reciting the entire episode).
-When you, your sister, you cousin, and your niece, who is ten and has never even watched the show, start to call each other by a character's name
-When you print out the iron-on decals from the-N.com
-When you sigh and wish that you could enroll into Degrassi...and have actually tried to find ways to do so.
-When you beat yourself in the head just because you don't have Photoshop to make awesome avatars
-When you start to hate the-N for delaying Degrassi TWICE
-When you were at the Degrassi Mall Tour in America, you stayed there the whole day
-When you stayed at the mall the whole day, standing next to the Degrassi signing area, you befriended Jim, the guy from Epitome, who told you not to stalk Stacey Farber and Melissa McIntyre when they took a break from signing and went shopping.
-When you kick yourself in the butt for not auditioning for GVB:Hawaii, because JAKE EPSTIEN and LAUREN GOLD were on it.
-When you shout obscenties at your TV because of something that happened in the show that was truly earth shattering
-When you stay up all night, thinking of which song to use for a video you're putting together for a Degrassi couple
-When you want to actually watch the original Degrassi shows
Keeper of: Emma's Blue Bracelet/ Ellie's Belly Button Ring/ Craig's Wreath from "Dressed in Black"/ Emma's Outfits/ Darcy/ Jay and Rick's fight from "Mercy Street"/ Manny and Emma's fight from "Against All Odds"/ Jay and Sean's fight from "Gangsta Gangsta"/ Rick's quote reading from "Mercy Street"/ Sean and Emma's Kiss from "Gangsta Gangsta"/ "Secrets"/ "Mother and Child Reunion"/ "Gangsta Gangsta"/ "Ghost in the Machine"
|Heartbreakers||Jay/Alex]
"No matter how hard I try, I can't escape these things inside, I know. But all the pieces fall apart and you will be the only one who knows . . . who knows." ~"Let Me Go"- 3 Doors Down

Last edited by nutchica16; 12-08-2004 at 07:34 PM
nutchica16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

You have every episdoe on your comptuter downloaded.
You start to dream about it.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
breath we drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:09 PM
New Fan

You start to have shipper wars
Keeper of: Emma's Blue Bracelet/ Ellie's Belly Button Ring/ Craig's Wreath from "Dressed in Black"/ Emma's Outfits/ Darcy/ Jay and Rick's fight from "Mercy Street"/ Manny and Emma's fight from "Against All Odds"/ Jay and Sean's fight from "Gangsta Gangsta"/ Rick's quote reading from "Mercy Street"/ Sean and Emma's Kiss from "Gangsta Gangsta"/ "Secrets"/ "Mother and Child Reunion"/ "Gangsta Gangsta"/ "Ghost in the Machine"
"No matter how hard I try, I can't escape these things inside, I know. But all the pieces fall apart and you will be the only one who knows . . . who knows." ~"Let Me Go"- 3 Doors Down
Old 12-08-2004, 01:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

When...

the show is the highlight of your week.
writing fanfic is the highlight of your day.
you'd rather roleplay than go out with your friends.
you cry when you hear a spoiler about a favorite couple breaking up, even if you know it's not true.
Coffee, Mate?
Daimeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:20 AM
Addicted Fan

you force your friends (who have never watched Degrassi) to watch your videos and give you feedback on compostion and content.

you stay up watching interviews and reading info in the show til 5 am even though you have a test at 10 in the morning.
MethodicWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:47 AM
Extreme Fan

-When, even though you have homework that is due tomorrow, you are on this thread, writing up reasons on how you know when your obsessed with Degrassi.
-When you, your sister, you cousin, and your niece, who is ten and has never even watched the show, start to call each other by a character's name
-When you print out the iron-on decals from the-N.com
-When you sigh and wish that you could enroll into Degrassi...and have actually tried to find ways to do so.
-When you beat yourself in the head just because you don't have Photoshop to make awesome avatars
-When you start to hate the-N for delaying Degrassi TWICE
-When you were at the Degrassi Mall Tour in America, you stayed there the whole day
-When you stayed at the mall the whole day, standing next to the Degrassi signing area, you befriended Jim, the guy from Epitome, who told you not to stalk Stacey Farber and Melissa McIntyre when they took a break from signing and went shopping.
-When you kick yourself in the butt for not auditioning for GVB:Hawaii, because JAKE EPSTIEN and LAUREN GOLD were on it.
-When you shout obscenties at your TV because of something that happened in the show that was truly earth shattering
-When you stay up all night, thinking of which song to use for a video you're putting together for a Degrassi couple
-When you want to actually watch the original Degrassi shows

...That's all I have...the rest of my reasons are really, really, truly INSANE!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:46 AM
New Fan

Aww, this is cute...
(oh, and I've done all of these)

When you('ve)...

-compare almost every event in your life to degrassi and start to
notice little, often stupid, things, like how you rarely see their shoes, or how most of the characters (even ones w/ conflicts) conveniently have a lot of "stuff" together, even though it's a pretty big school (such as Drama Club, Gymnastics, etc)

-Miss one of the first (and perhaps biggest) speech and debate tournaments of the year because you'd rather die than miss the chance to meet Aubrey Graham

-crack up Melissa McIntire, Shane Kippel, Miriam McDonald, Aubrey Graham, DVD executives, the security guards, your friends, your sister, and random people with your declaration of love for the show (and for Aubrey Graham) at the DVD signing (and have people on different forums remember you and your sister)

-keep two of your favorite shirts in plastic Ziploc bags hidden in your messy closet because you hugged Aubrey Graham and Adamo Ruggiero in them and you don't want them to lose their "scent".

-insist that your family watch it with you, even if the only one who is willing to do so is your six-month old cousin (and you end up ruining it anyway it by reciting the entire episode).

Checking emails and kicking Cheats in the hereafter...Please don't dig up the grave.
Thnikkagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

-you start comparing your friends and yourself and even your teachers and parents to characters on the show.
-you have the DVD and know every line to every episode
-you know the exact order of the characters during the theme song.
-you get mad when you can't find the episode you want on limewire
-you constantly talk about it with your best friend (who made you watch it the first time) in choir and the teacher yells at you because you said "manny's a hoe!" or something equally as bad really loud.
-you cried when you found out you couldn't go to the mall tour
-your parents are constantly telling you to get off the computer (where you're talking on fan forum) and do your homework.
-you can't wait to get out of school so you can go home and download a new episode.
idontwannabe73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay I did this the other day
--your boyfriend is listening to Franz Ferdinand and talks about the historical figure, and you say, oh Emma knows that out of nwhere
Degrassi-Sean/Emma/Jay&Manny/Spinner&Ash/Craig,OLTL-Nat/John, GH-Dillon and Georgie,T7S-Donna/Eric,OTH-Lucas/Haley... X-Files-Mulder and Scully, Freaks and Geeks-Daniel and Lindsay Got Nuthin But Love for you baby!
"So if you please take this moment Try if you can to make it last Don't think about no future & just forget about the past & make it last"~Social D
RED SOX & PATS---2004
Ppixiechk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:43 AM
Elite Fan

--You sit through marathons even though you've seen every single episode TWICE
--You start singing "Degrassi songs" (Poor Thing, Somethin' Bout the Way You Shine) at odd moments
--You start thinking about a Degrassi #3 (perhaps with Emma's brother Jack as the main character)

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:51 AM
Absolute Fan

*You talk about the characters as if they're real people

*You get insulted when someone says Degrassi is just a TV show

*When given a school assignment to write about a hero, you choose Snake and discuss battle with cancer and how he's been a father figure to Emma, etc.

*You have Degrassi wallpaper on your computer

*You discuss the psychological nature of the characters with people who don't even watch the show

*All you want for Christmas is Degrassi's season 1 DVD

*You think the actors are their characters and are disappointed if they're nothing like them in person
Old 12-09-2004, 05:44 AM
Loyal Fan

--you look up the 80's song to listen to before each episode airs to "get in the mood"

--you're on this board when your term paper of approximately 35 pages is due tomorrow morning and you're only halfway done.

(Maybe those are just me?)
Old 12-10-2004, 08:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by degrassi_addict
--you look up the 80's song to listen to before each episode airs to "get in the mood"

--you're on this board when your term paper of approximately 35 pages is due tomorrow morning and you're only halfway done.

(Maybe those are just me?)
I do the last one! ^.^
Old 12-11-2004, 01:06 AM
Loyal Fan

-you find yourself using direct quotes from the show at various points of your day. "Home's not too good right now, okay?"
Old 12-11-2004, 01:49 AM
Extreme Fan

-When somebody tries to piss you off or makes fun of you or something along those lines, you're all like, "Don't be all up in my fries, dawg!"
-When you see spray cheese, or anything relevant to it, you automatically think of Spinner.
-When you laugh out loud and yell out "It's Sean!" every time little Daniel Clark is on screen in Model Behavior.