QOTD: “When all think alike, no one is thinking.”
#Dailythought: #ideacity *

SUPPORTERS
|1| kaleidocat
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|

Jamie played Kallie in the Warehouse13 episode "Secret Santa." Ho ho ho. She was also in two episodes of the series The Best Years, which you may remember Degrassi alum Lauren Collins was in as well. Did you watch Wingin' It for Dylan Everett and Demetrius Joyette? Then you likely already have met Jamie. She played Becky Montclaire. Her more recent project is the short film Reflection alongside Spencer Macpherson.

Jamie on TWITTER
Jamie on INSTAGRAM

Old 12-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

You can add me.

I have to wonder if the wig will ever be explained or if they're going to expect us to believe that's her natural hair?

I'm already loving the idea of a friendship between her and Hunter.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Were TPTB set on having the character with that hairstyle? Maybe the actress wasn't willing to change it so they compromised. I'm still getting used to all the new faces so when on her instagram I had to keep checking to make sure I was on the right page. She looks so different.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Assuming she's playing the character originally named Maude (and it would seem that way based on the casting call write-up and the casting call write-up of the others), yeah one of the first things mentioned about her is her hair. The length, not the hair color, and they tell applicants that they have to be willing to have short hair.

Quote:
Open Ethnicity. Strong and dominant, Maude is an 11th grade short haired lesbian, who always takes the lead. Whether it’s directing the school play or fighting against world hunger, she wants her voice to be heard. Maude’s a go-getter, and sometimes abuses her leadership powers by going further than she can get. It’s only when she’s able to listen and follow others that she truly achieves her goals. For this role, talent must have short hair. Those who have long hair can audition, as long as willing to cut hair for shoot. If not willing to cut hair, please do not audition for this role.

And this is a picture of Jamie with shorter hair from 23 weeks ago, which would seem to fit right around the time she was filming the show. That would seem to be short enough, at least compared to how long the wig is. Oh well, maybe the wig won't stick out as much on the actual show itself?

And here's a cute little clip of Jamie giving Dante advice about entering high school that can't help but endear yourself to both of them.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sooo.. the next Mark Zuckerburg as in, she wants to become the youngest billionaire? Kinda disappointing! I was hoping for a computer science girl! But she's probably in STEM if she wants to make that much money, so I'll settle for that. She looks like a completely different person without the wig though, wow..
obinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Right now I´m looking forward to see her at Hunters side when his agressions start to get worse. I think she´ll be far more capable of dealing with it than Arlene would have been.

And for the wig: If she´s a gamer, maybe she´s into cosplay. Or she wants to dye her hair but her parents won´t let her.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I forgot about the casting call write-ups. Thanks for bringing that over. I would assume the hair is going to be mentioned if they were that particular. I'm not sure what the big deal is over having "short" hair. I would hope it isn't to fill a lesbian stereotype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obinger (View Post)
Sooo.. the next Mark Zuckerburg as in, she wants to become the youngest billionaire? Kinda disappointing!
I'm not sure what is up with that either. Maybe it is common for teens today to want fame and money since social media makes it seem like an accessible goal? I'm thinking more of youtubers though, not someone with academic ambitions. Who knows what she will be like on the show.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

From a TV, eh? interview with Jamie and Dante is this little bit of the under the tags worthy info.

Spoiler:

Old 01-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
From a TV, eh? interview with Jamie and Dante is this little bit of the under the tags worthy info.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:
Old 01-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I can't tell if the kid is happy or terrified.

Me n my guagua

Old 01-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

More great advice. Why is this cast so wise beyond their years? Taking action is important but so is letting go. You can't control how another person feels about you. "If they say no, you say okay and move on." - @BlochJamie
Old 01-19-2016, 02:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought actually that she´d be more of the no nonsense type but I like her anyway. When she showed sympathy for Maya without thinking what a confession means for herself

She isn´t as able to deal with Hunter´s issues as I thought she would but I still think she can be a great friend for him. But please - no love interest.
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I just wish we had seen more of her and Hunter's burgeoning friendship. I do think they'll eventually be more than friends, but for now, Hunter's going to win her and the rest of that group back while he works on his issues.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Wow! Her character really evolved from the casting call. The hair, sexuality, and even name were all changed. I wonder if Jamie's talent influenced that or if it was more of a natural creative change. Like how Imogen was supposed to be...well, what Esme is.