Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I feel two different ways about this. Firstly, I'm happy a Nash Grier isn't being pulled and his own fans are actually complaining about the situation. It's not responsible for him to be using this language while acting on a show that promotes diversity and acceptance/love. His fans aren't just excusing his behavior as "oh, he's young so it's okay to make mistakes!" First of all he's pretty much eighteen, and second of all yeah he can make mistakes, but he won't learn from them if he's not punished.

On the other hand, I don't want him to lose his job. He still has a lot to learn obviously, and it'd be kinda morbid to have such a zero tolerance policy for language (unless it's something like a death threat when someone's life is in danger or something).

TIP OF THE DAY, DEGRASSI WRITERS: Make him think he's being let go. Tell him he's fired. Then call him the next day and say it was all a lie. He'll know what it's like to lose something you love because of poor decisions. Then make a storyline where Winston loses something he loves (maybe his relationship with Frankie or something?) because of vulgar language. He'll know exactly how it feels.
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Has Andre been behaving himself lately?

Update on his future plans:
"Accepted into The Theatre and Drama Studies Program at UTM!! Can't wait to switch majors and can't wait to do more theatre!" - @Andre_kim7

No clue what this means for Winston or what the outcome was with meeting with Epitome after that twitter situation. Did anyone hear anything more about that?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I doubt it means much of anything since he already was attending University and appearing on the show. He also won't be the first to do both. He probably isn't even the only one among the current cast who is doing that. I think he's still on the show, but to be honest, Epitome hasn't been saying much of anything about Season 15 at this point. I guess we'll hear about a read through sometime later this month or early next.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So Winston is exploring his entertaining talents in the upcoming episodes. He must do well after the stand up comedy act if he is involved with the musical but I think he is going to bomb at first. I wonder if his friends will have second hand embarrassment and...maybe avoid him for a bit? There's got to be a ~struggle. This is Degrassi.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I have a feeling our boy is about to really screw things up.

Let's see how bad he does and how (or if) he's able to dig himself out of it?

Old 07-20-2015, 01:02 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

What kind of screw up? If it is spanning two episodes it must be a serious plot right? I am having trouble seeing this. I guess it is because Winston is so goofy? IDK. All I am seeing is when Clare sang hymns in front of the school caf for some lunch time talent show. He isn't going to be that bad right? Maybe the problem is that he is too sure of himself. I wonder if that's what happens with kissing Lola while dating Frankie.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
What’s something your fans don’t know about you…until now?

I’m not sure. I don’t know if many people know this but I’ve been dealing with anxiety and other personal things for quite some time now. I know some of my supporters have openly told me about their experiences dealing with anxiety and depression and to that I wanna say that it’s very much ok to be experiencing these things, and that you are definitely not the only one in the world feeling this way. Other than that I’m a big fan of anime too, I guess? (Laughs).
I didn't know that! Awesome that he shared that. And he certainly isn't alone. That is sweet of supporters to reach out to him and tell him their own story.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
“It doesn’t feel like a job,” Kim says, adding that his Degrassi experience initially felt like summer camp. But the show quickly taught him that acting could be his career. “I love acting and reading the scripts and being there for rehearsals,” he says. “I love working on set and talking with the director. It’s a lot of fun.”
Another interview, this time with the University of Toronto- Mississauga website. This is the Canadian film industry for you, in the US actors on TV shows if they go to college go to USC, UCLA, NYU, maybe an Ivy League school. In Canada, they go to the Mississauga campus of the University of Toronto.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Happy belated birthday Andre! I haven't checked his twitter yet...has the big man on Canadian campus recovered? Also I wonder if each cast member is going to get a solo shot on their birthday. That is a nice present for the fans who want them published/leaked already.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Oh Winston...

Old 01-02-2016, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Good advice! Especially about the texting. So much should be done in person.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

That is true, although I also have to admit that I suck at confrontation, therefore I try and avoid it at all costs.

So....Winston, I can't help but think he's going to be on the sidelines for most of these 10 episodes. Oh well. Hopefully he gets in a few good moments.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

So...anyone else liking Winston more this season? Esme replaced him as Miles sidekick there while he explored different hobbies but I liked seeing Winston there to clue in Mom. Good to see him lurking around the Hollingsworth mansion because he is concerned about Frankie and Miles.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
So....Winston, I can't help but think he's going to be on the sidelines for most of these 10 episodes. Oh well. Hopefully he gets in a few good moments.
I believe I had this.

But, yeah, he has that "knows Miles and Frankie best" thing that will at least keep him involved more than a number of characters. And he's got that whole diaper thing with Mama H.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I just can't see Miles and Winston without each other. I didn't realize how much I like the friendship until Next Class when I found myself looking for it. One of my favorite scenes:

//iwantmydegrassi.tumblr.com/

Winston is always deep in Hollingsworth family drama. And they have a lot of secrets. Some that they are keeping from each other. Winston has all that information...that's kind of a heavy burden.