Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Jake! Scruff! Flannel! Must share!

My tween crush Brad Renfro always wore a shirt like that in his Bop/Tiger Beat/etc magazines. So I had to have one too. He introduced me to The Ramones too. But not heroin. Sigh. Oh, I made myself sad.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

This thread may or may not be lacking updates because Jake admitted he is allergic to cats. He's slightly redeeming himself to me in the classy way he speaks of Gerry Goffin. Now he just has to work on how he expresses himself about cats.

Photo from this interview here: Jake Epstein on Disappointing Degrassi Fans and Breaking Carole King's Heart in Beautiful | Broadway Buzz | Broadway.com
Jake Epstein Takes On Gerry Goffin In Beautiful: The Carole King Musical | Access Hollywood (video here)
PLAYBILL.COM'S CUE & A: "Degrassi," Spider-Man and Beautiful Star Jake Epstein - Playbill.com
From Degrassi to Broadway | The Canadian Jewish News
What You Need To Know About The New Carole King Musical aka Jake spews blasphemy about cats. It's not their fault he was born defective and didn't receive enough snuggles growing up. (I'm only 51.3% serious about this.)

More Beautiful media mentions:
BWW TV: Watch Highlights from BEAUTIFUL - THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL with Jessie Mueller, Jake Epstein & More
First Look at Jessie Mueller in “Beautiful: The Carole King Musical” | NBC New York
Old 04-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I always thought it was funny whenever Craig would get

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Get? Get what??? An album? Oh yeah, Craig did that. And Jake did too. Beautiful: The Carole King Musical soundtrack is out.

Old news but pretty pictures: Photo Coverage: Jessie Mueller and the Company of BEAUTIFUL Celebrate Opening Night!
Another interview: THE FRIDAY SIX: Q&As with Your Favorite Broadway Stars- BEAUTIFUL's Jake Epstein

And Jake talks about leaving Degrassin in season 5. I could always sense his unhappiness.
Quote:
The decision to leave "Degrassi" was a bit nerve-wracking?
JE: Yeah, I mean… I was 19 at the time, and I was so unhappy, and I knew that I was too young to be that unhappy. I come from an academic family, [so] if you do something, you go to school for it. It was always encouraged to go to school. I never felt like I was leaving the film world behind. I needed to go and feel good about what I was doing and learn something and kind of come back to it on my own terms. Tons of people thought I was completely nuts, and I didn't know if I was just running away from it. I didn't know if it was the right decision or not, and I just really wanted… One of the things I love about theatre is how raw it is. There's no faking it… I really wanted to have a base in theatre, and that kind of opened up all these doors for me.
source: THE LEADING MEN: Jake Epstein and Jarrod Spector, Beautiful's Gerry Goffin and Barry Mann - Playbill.com

Whenever I watch this vid Jake as Spiderman makes a cameo appearance in my dreams. It is always very random, kind of goofy, and he is well, a bit useless...crime in a coffee shop? Superhero is playing in a park nearby after I barely escape.

More YouTube: Jake on Gerry Goffin.
"Beautiful" Stars Jessie Mueller, Jake Epstein & More on the New Carole King Musical
And the official youtube for the play: BeautifulOnBway.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm soo glad jakes having such a big success on Broadway, he deserves it. He's an amazing performer I soo need to see him again on stage...
padfootsprincess02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Jake had a poll to vote for him for breakthrough male for his play...Time to #VoteBway! Les Miz & If/Then Lead 2014 Broadway.com Audience Choice Award Nominations | Broadway Buzz | Broadway.com
padfootsprincess02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Eh, that's too much work. But, I wish him the best of luck.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Bummer he didn't get a Tony nom.

Quote:
Epstein, who portrays King’s first husband and greatest collaborator, Gerry Goffin, was passed over in the nominations, but displayed the vulnerability that made him a young star on Degrassi: The Next Generation in a scene he performed with Mueller, marking the moment when she first played the lyrics he had written to her melody for the song that became known as “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?”

And when King came on stage to join Mueller and the company for “I Feel the Earth Move,” Epstein was right there with them, a joyous part of the picture. “What a crazy night!!!” he texted the Star, soon after the moment was over.

Indeed. And a night for the stars, whether or not they took home trophies, to be proud of.
Source: The Tony Awards’ Canadian connections | Toronto Star

Tonys 2014: Carole King, 'Beautiful' Star Jessie Mueller Perform 'I Feel the Earth Move' - Hollywood Reporter
On the way to Tony run thru!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved craig best with manny.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Me too.

True Love
*Butterflies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He was my all time favorite.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Dropping off some news about Jake in a new webseries called Ian:

A couple other teaser trailers: Ian the Series Finale Featuring Degrassi's Jake Epstein. Ian FINALE Clip with Jake Epstein!

And you can watch the full webisode here: Ian | Stage17.tv. The episode is titled "The Showdown." You can also check it out here: VIDEO: BEAUTIFUL's Jake Epstein and WICKED's Sarah Schenkkan Guest Star in the IAN Season Finale - BWWTVWorld and also read more about the series as a whole.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

can someone tell me why cranny was so bad?
Old 07-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Loyal Fan

season 3 they were but after that they were great favorite ship on the show ever!!!

True Love
*Butterflies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread